Official Toro Y Moi Thread

Can't believe I haven't seen him live yet. To anyone that has, how is his live show?
It's great. I've only seen him at a smaller venue in my city (like 200 people max), but it was a solid show. Lots of energy, great set list, interactive with the crowd, the light show is cool, but most importantly, the music is amazing live! The funk level is through the roof :lol:

If you can, go see him.

SOUTH CAROLINA REPPED. :smokin

Talamak tho :wow:

one of my friends helped direct the video....but the original version is :wow: its the one kanye blogged about

Last edited:
@sckid20 - great set in the boiler room. Quoting someone else I know: "can't decide which one is the most awesome thing in this video: the actual set, the crowd that doesn't have a clue about dancing or the dude who walks in at 38:00 with a burrito and starts jamming." :lol:

Last edited:
i remember when dude first started. he had a band called the heist and the accomplice (youtube).

one of my friends is the drummer, and he's told me they've been everywhere around the world man.

thank you brehs for puttin' me on TYM. this **** is beyond dope :pimp:

*downloads first 2 albums*

Toro and producers like him is mostly what I listen to now days...

Flying lotus

Blue sky black death

the xx

Beach house

Tsutchie

Washed out

This album is unbelievable.  I recall seeing his name in passing, but never really checked out his music until now.  I've peeped some of his earlier releases (still need to check "Causers of This"), and this new one is some next level ish.  It will be on many year end list.  I can't stop listening to this.  Best album of 2013 so far.

Last edited:
This album is unbelievable.  I recall seeing his name in passing, but never really checked out his music until now.  I've peeped some of his earlier releases (still need to check "Causers of This"), and this new one is some next level ish.  It will be on many year end list.  I can't stop listening to this.  Best album of 2013 so far.
you haven't heard Causers of This?! maaaaan you gotta do that ASAP. You're missing out.

welp. 2013 is just gonna suck musically after this.
i feel like nothing is going to top Anything in Return for me this year...we'll see though :nerd:
So Many Details
Rose Quartz
Cola
...ALL OF THEM :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

The more I listen, the more I love it. Finding little things, or deciphering different lines each time keeps it from getting stale in any way. This is gonna be a go-to album for a good while. I'm not sure how I'd rank 'Anything' compared to his other 2 albums, but I'm really liking this a lot.

you haven't heard Causers of This?! maaaaan you gotta do that ASAP. You're missing out.
Got around to listening to it earlier in the week.  Nice album.  Very different from "Anything in Return".  No doubt "Anything in Return" is his magnum opus so far.

I love his new album. Can't wait to see him live in LA.

Causers of This is revolutionary, but I think Anything in Return is better than Underneth the Pine

Got around to listening to it earlier in the week.  Nice album.  Very different from "Anything in Return".  No doubt "Anything in Return" is his magnum opus so far.
i don't know about that just yet..

causers of this was straight up monumental.. he re-defined the chillwave genre.

anything in return is just a great pop album.

His music is so abstract and stream of conscious, there isn't always "song structure" or halfway coherent lyrics, but I just enjoy it for the vibes I get. Salutes to NT for recommending Underneath The Pine, Still Sound in particular, back in late 2010.

But, what specifically do you all like about Chaz's music?

^I just like the vibe, dude is on some spacey futuristic alien shh

i don't know about that just yet..

causers of this was straight up monumental.. he re-defined the chillwave genre.

anything in return is just a great pop album.
yeah Causers of This >>>>>>>>>>>
but Anything in Return is stil :pimp:
So Many Details
Rose Quartz
Cola
Cake
:smokin :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom