Official Toro Y Moi Thread

Underneath The Pine was dope, New Beat is probably one of the best songs this year.

I guess he's not getting a lot of love here in NT. I like his music. Always though You Hid had an R&Bish feel to it so I wasn't suprised when he did a cover of Saturday love or MJs Human Nature...I thought both covers were aiight...

He has a new project coming out on the 13th... i haven't been able to find any info on it... i was wondering if it was going to be a cover album, because of the Saturday Love remake...

I've been listening to a lot of "chillwave" lately. I can get down with this.

Toro Y Moi is dope. Very, very dope 
pimp.gif

Favorite artist since Causers of This came out.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can't wait for the 13th.

psk2310 wrote:
I guess he's not getting a lot of love here in NT. I like his music. Always though You Hid had an R&Bish feel to it so I wasn't suprised when he did a cover of Saturday love or MJs Human Nature...I thought both covers were aiight...

Nah, surprisingly, he usually does. A lot more than his 'chillwave' contemporaries, at least. We've had a few threads on him recently.

But yeah, "Causers of This" is one of my favorite albums of the last few years. Not a single track worth skipping. I currently have that "Freaking Out" EP in my iTunes. Gonna try listening to it in the next couple days.

[h1]Toro y Moi Talks Success, Isolation & Inspiration[/h1]
By [h3]Abby Schreiber[/h3]

[h3]September 30, 2011[/h3]

ToroyMoi.jpg
At 15 years old, Chaz Bundick began making music in his bedroom. The Columbia, South Carolina native has since risen to become one of indie music’s most original voices, under the name Toro y Moi, having already produced two critically acclaimed full-length albums, Causers of This and Underneath the Pine, and an EP,Freaking Out, which was released on September 13. Earlier this summer, we caught up with Bundick backstage at the Pitchfork Music Festival—where Odd Future’s Tyler, the Creator jammed to his set backstage—and got him to share some thoughts on his origins, his success, and his inspiration
http://widgets.digg.com/i...sMedium_2.4b1f5279.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; height: 64px; text-align: center; width: 50px; background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">0digg

Where did the name, Toro y Moi, come from? 
I was on a road trip with my parents when I was 15, and I just made that name up. I wrote it down and started drawing it everywhere, and I stuck with it since I was 15.

During that time you started a so-called “bedroom project,

So I got the chance to see dude live at the Masquerade here in Atlanta.

Amazing experience. This kid is what I hope for the future of music.

53715g.jpg

He was actually performing at webster hall in september i just didnt get a chance to go. Absolutely love both albums and still get HEAVY play. Elise and Blessa are probably my two favorites. Toro always receives good feedback from females in the car.

Take the L to Leave is like my favorite song this year. i can really relate to it. it's from "June 2009" that came out this year (a lot of people missed it)

Anticipating this album a lot after Rose Quartz.

Just simply amazing what this man can do. :nthat:

^ i dunno about invented but hes leaps and bounds better than anyone making the kind of music he makes

and hes so chill and nonchalant about things.. peep his interviews and what not... hes really one of my favorite musicians

Back
Top Bottom