Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

for anyone buying the ubs from sportchek.ca if you put in promo code sorryfriends you save 25% off ! replaced my orders and returning my original ones save $60 bucks off a couple pairs why not

Wish the black ones were instock......was excited to see the 25% but couldn't add the black ones to cart.
yeah, i doubled up on those a while back, woulda been nice to get the 25% off, first time ive seen ubs go on sale to be honest.. besides the uncaged onces

Crazy explosive 2017 yellow and grey are on sportchek.ca
Also dropped by the JB store today around 6pm. Only 2 customers in the store lol

yeah, i doubled up on those a while back, woulda been nice to get the 25% off, first time ive seen ubs go on sale to be honest.. besides the uncaged onces
Yah it is crazy how UB has gone down.....before ppl were willing to pay resale for these basic colorways.....but I am glad they are producing a lot of them.....
Crazy explosive 2017 yellow and grey are on sportchek.ca
Also dropped by the JB store today around 6pm. Only 2 customers in the store lol
Yah - I went a few times in June.....it was kinda dead - but not surprised as there is nothing really much going on unless it is a big release on 1s or some that is OG retro.

Yah it is crazy how UB has gone down.....before ppl were willing to pay resale for these basic colorways.....but I am glad they are producing a lot of them.....

Yah - I went a few times in June.....it was kinda dead - but not surprised as there is nothing really much going on unless it is a big release on 1s or some that is OG retro.
I don't even really think it's about them producing a lot of UBs. What I think happened is that people slept on the 1.0s (myself included) then the 2.0s came out which had the same comfort, better traction and a slightly less appealing look with the gradients. Then the 3.0 came out and it's the worst looking one out of the bunch. Resellers finally realized outside of some of the exclusive or LTDs, they're not going to sell for over retail. I see people selling all the 3.0s outside of the Rainbow and CNY for under retail. The Parleys sat forever. 

If Adidas re-released any of the 1.0 colourways with updated materials, even if they released 10,000 pairs on Adidas.ca they'd sell asap. I really really really hope the 4.0 samples shown are just early prototypes. 

Yeah I'm glad, it's random how sometimes a 2.0 will pop up on sportchek though.. I'm not so sure it's them making more stock or sportchek getting their shipments later then other sites or releasing them later, and people don't realize it because they don't promote it as much as footlocker or other companies when ultra boosts come out.. for example the petrol blues came out on adidas.ca a couple weeks ago, sportchek just released them on July 1st

I just think that people aren't really fans of the 3.0's... especially with the retail price being $240+tax.  Limited CW's still seem to sell out though despite being priced at $260+tax.  The market is pretty saturated now considering that Adidas just keeps rolling out the same CW's.  They always use white, black and grey.

I just think that people aren't really fans of the 3.0's... especially with the retail price being $240+tax.  Limited CW's still seem to sell out though despite being priced at $260+tax.  The market is pretty saturated now considering that Adidas just keeps rolling out the same CW's.  They always use white, black and grey.

I agree the markets more saturated but I wouldn't say people don't like the 3.0s.. I didn't know about ubs till the 2.0s came out and I only picked up a few pairs because I jumped on late. People are having more of an opportunity to pick up the 3.0s they're prob just trying to cash in because they know the ub hype won't last forever. The price raise did suck but hey people still pay for Jordans meanwhile the quality is going downhill right ? You pay for what you like I guess, yeah the price is high but there isn't much that looks as nice as an ultra boost and still has some of the best comfort in the shoe game.. people pay a ton more for yeezys for the hype right because I've never once herd someone paying over retail say it was for the comfort

Exactly. Granted, I'm very biased towards Nike, but when I finally got around to trying on a pair of UBs, my first thought was "Comfy......but not $210 comfy".
Wish they were still $210! V3 are $240 and exclusives are $260. Can't imagine what V4 will be priced at.

What's with resellers not willing to compromise on meeting locations. I have to go out of my way to meet up with them to buy their shoes for their asking price. So frustrating!

I have a a pair UBs sz 10 that are going back to sportschek ... just checking if the community wants them first, got them at original price $240+tax ... like ill4eva said they are comfy but not for that price ... if you want them let me know

Probably the fact the market is flooded with releases. Slight difference is that they sell out.
Yeah true but this is the sneaker lifeline right! Eventually when the hype dies down they either make more then the demand a la Nike and Jordan.

I agree the markets more saturated but I wouldn't say people don't like the 3.0s.. I didn't know about ubs till the 2.0s came out and I only picked up a few pairs because I jumped on late. People are having more of an opportunity to pick up the 3.0s they're prob just trying to cash in because they know the ub hype won't last forever. The price raise did suck but hey people still pay for Jordans meanwhile the quality is going downhill right ? You pay for what you like I guess, yeah the price is high but there isn't much that looks as nice as an ultra boost and still has some of the best comfort in the shoe game.. people pay a ton more for yeezys for the hype right because I've never once herd someone paying over retail say it was for the comfort
Most of the people I know who have UB's have either 1.0 or 2.0's.  I find they don't look as sleek as 1.0's or 2.0's.  The toe box and tongue seem to be more puffy.  The fit is also different.  I find that 3.0's fit slightly bigger and can go .5 down in those compared to the previous 2 versions.  3.0's are prob the easiest to obtain because they aren't selling out as soon as the hit the shelves.  1.0's sat when they originally released but then sold out as people started to become aware of them.

Wish they were still $210! V3 are $240 and exclusives are $260. Can't imagine what V4 will be priced at.

What's with resellers not willing to compromise on meeting locations. I have to go out of my way to meet up with them to buy their shoes for their asking price. So frustrating!
I'm not too flexible with my meet up locations either.  I prefer to meet at places that are convenient for me and where I don't have to go out of my way.  This is reduce the inconvenience caused by buyers that flop.

Exactly. Granted, I'm very biased towards Nike, but when I finally got around to trying on a pair of UBs, my first thought was "Comfy......but not $210 comfy".

Yeah I know how you feel I was a Nike head too, then I ordered a first pair of black and fire red 2.0s and that all changed lol been buying more boosts lately then Nike or Jordan.. see the price doesn't bother me much because Jordans are priced so high and they're like bricks, not comfortable at all.. and if you compare it to Nike look at it this way flynit racers were my thing and In my opinion one of the comfiest and closest nikes to boost for me but they still cost 200 retail ? I'd rather pay the 40 extra for the ubs

Yeah I know how you feel I was a Nike head too, then I ordered a first pair of black and fire red 2.0s and that all changed lol been buying more boosts lately then Nike or Jordan.. see the price doesn't bother me much because Jordans are priced so high and they're like bricks, not comfortable at all.. and if you compare it to Nike look at it this way flynit racers were my thing and In my opinion one of the comfiest and closest nikes to boost for me but they still cost 200 retail ? I'd rather pay the 40 extra for the ubs
If you want to come back over to the dark side aka NIKE, try on a pair of Spiridon Ultras, they're super comfy IMO.

On a side note, I think I'm going to cop or at least try on the triple black MONARCHs this weekend. Too much long talking, time to take action LOL

I'm not too flexible with my meet up locations either.  I prefer to meet at places that are convenient for me and where I don't have to go out of my way.  This is reduce the inconvenience caused by buyers that flop.

Whenever I meet with people and I sell old kicks it's strictly only once place unless I'm the buyer.. I'm the one that wants the product so be prepared to make that sacrifice haha it's business just like when you gotta go to a store.. in regards to the style of the ubs I find the 3.0s are the most versatile to wear whether you wanna wear them dressy or for running.. 1s and 2s looked like your regular running shoe but hey that's all in the eye of the beholder right !

If you want to come back over to the dark side aka NIKE, try on a pair of Spiridon Ultras, they're super comfy IMO.

On a side note, I think I'm going to cop or at least try on the triple black MONARCHs this weekend. Too much long talking, time to take action LOL

I'll give em a shot if those are the ones I'm thinking of, I actually really digged the shoe, but realistically I gotta take it easy with the shoe game as a whole lol.. called down with js doubt I'll cop many more unless the cherry 12s finally drop but that might be it for me.. mainly been on a ultra boost tear lately

I understand that but he lives at North York and I live in Oakville and i suggested to meet up Yorkdale Mall and it's "out of his way"

I understand that but he lives at North York and I live in Oakville and i suggested to meet up Yorkdale Mall and it's "out of his way"
TBH...  I find yorkdale one of the worst places to do meet ups.  I try to avoid it whenever possible.  If you go after work or during the weekend, the traffic is horrendous.  If they don't drive, they need bus/subway over.  I guess some people just can't be bothered to travel to meet ups.  Maybe a weekend meet up somewhere else might work out for them.  I've had people wait to meet up as they might be in a more convenient location at a later date.  I even have people come to my office lobby to meet up.

Back
Top Bottom