Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

If you want to come back over to the dark side aka NIKE, try on a pair of Spiridon Ultras, they're super comfy IMO.

On a side note, I think I'm going to cop or at least try on the triple black MONARCHs this weekend. Too much long talking, time to take action LOL
Remember to post on feet pics!

I understand that but he lives at North York and I live in Oakville and i suggested to meet up Yorkdale Mall and it's "out of his way"
Stuff like this drives me up the wall as well. If I'm buying something from somebody at their full asking price, it better be convenient/on the way for me. If you're giving me a deal, I don't mind if you pick the meeting spot. If they want their full price + their time and place, I normally just buy whatever it is online and have it shipped to my door. Even if it's going to cost me more.

I also agree with you about your situation. I live in the west end as well, and some sellers/buyers say they live int he east end. Fair enough, I go there pretty often, so I'll meet you at whatever mall I happen to be at in the area. I'll drive from MIssissauga/Oakville to Yorkdale, Markville, PMall, whatever, and some ppl will still say oh it's out of the way for me. I'm travelling over 30km to go to your end of town. You can't even do 10?

Anyways, rant over lol.

Last edited:
Update on StockX experience:

Got the delivery notice from Can.Post that the package is here (will pick up tomorrow).

Duties came out to $35 which pushed my purchase to over-retail.

Not stoked about that, but it is what it is. My first transaction with this new service, so now I know what to expect.

Update on StockX experience:

Got the delivery notice from Can.Post that the package is here (will pick up tomorrow).

Duties came out to $35 which pushed my purchase to over-retail.

Not stoked about that, but it is what it is. My first transaction with this new service, so now I know what to expect.
Hopefully it's only slightly over retail. At least now you don't need to deal with the clowns on Kijiji, Facebook, etc!

Would anybody be able to compare UBs to say a pair of Nike Flyknit Lunars (comfiest shoe I own) or Lunarepic Lows? I figure that might be a good comparison. Flyknit and Primeknit. Full length lunarlon vs. full length boost? I am just curious.

Edit: First post in many years. Five years.

Last edited:
Would anybody be able to compare UBs to say a pair of Nike Flyknit Lunars (comfiest shoe I own) or Lunarepic Lows? I figure that might be a good comparison. Flyknit and Primeknit. Full length lunarlon vs. full length boost? I am just curious.

Maybe @illistic

Hopefully it's only slightly over retail. At least now you don't need to deal with the clowns on Kijiji, Facebook, etc!

Yeah, it's not bad, but not a shoe I wanted to, all else being equal, pay more than retail for.

Will post pics when I get them tomorrow.

I own a pair of flyknit lunar 1, lunarepic 2 low (purchased as a replacement for the former as they were my sole gym/outdoor running shoe for almost 4 years) and a few UB 2.0 models and uncaged variants.

Where the UB have a more plush ride, they tend to have nowhere close to the same support as the Nike models noted above. I feel like I’m going to roll my ankle at certain moments (running on uneven ground) where the Nike models never gave me that feeling ever. For casual use, I rock the UB but for anything more than that I always choose my Nikes. The lunarepic and flyknit lunar 1s have 80% (lunarepic is a little more stiff) of the comfort offered by the UB but much better support. If I had to choose one out of the three, the flyknit lunar 1 would be my choice. Even as a casual shoe they look better in my opinion.

Last edited:
I own a pair of flyknit lunar 1, lunarepic 2 low (purchased as a replacement for the former as they were my sole gym/outdoor running shoe for almost 4 years) and a few UB 2.0 models and uncaged variants.

Where the UB have a more plush ride, they tend to have nowhere close to the same support as the Nike models noted above. I feel like I’m going to roll my ankle at certain moments (running on uneven ground) where the Nike models never gave me that feeling ever. For casual use, I rock the UB but for anything more than that I always choose my Nikes. The lunarepic and flyknit lunar 1s have 80% (lunarepic is a little more stiff) of the comfort offered by the UB but much better support. If I had to choose one out of the three, the flyknit lunar 1 would be my choice. Even as a casual shoe they look better in my opinion.

Thanks for that explanation. Yeah so I came from a bunch of early versions of the Lunarglide to finally a Flyknit Lunar 1, and that has been my outdoor running shoe, and since the the Flyknit Lunar seems to be discontinued (unfortunately), I was curious on the UB 3.0 maybe as that next step.

I will say this though as you may probably know, running on an uneven ground, gravel or trail is not the best for even a Flyknit Lunar 1 in comparison to some lower to the ground flexible Nike Free 3.0 with less cushion. But it does seem to make sense that a UB 3.0 would even have more of that concern of not much flexibility or ground feel. With that being said, I am still intrigued. Between that or a Lunarepic 2.

I usually go all out on a pair of runners that is worn for indoor gyms that transition out to outdoor use once they slowly become beaters.

I appreciate your explanation.

I think the post above me explains the difference quite well - I would echo the same. UB are extremely plush, but I wouldn't use them for activities where control/precision/stability was needed. They remind me a little of one of those jello molds that wobbles. They also don't seem to have quite as much rebound as a lunar sole. So for walking around I might give UB a very slight edge, but for anything active I would take the FK/Lunars.

One other note: If you want to use them for outdoor jogging, whatever the shoe, it would probably be better to reverse the way you currently cycle your shoes. For jogging you want to use a shoe when it's newest and the cushioning is at it's best - will provide better protection for your knees/body that way. Then depending on the activity, use them for inside once they've started to break down a bit. For jogging, I usually go to the Nike outlet and find a Lunar soled shoe for cheap, without much care for colour.

Last edited:
I think the post above me explains the difference quite well - I would echo the same. UB are extremely plush, but I wouldn't use them for activities where control/precision/stability was needed. They remind me a little of one of those jello molds that wobbles. They also don't seem to have quite as much rebound as a lunar sole. So for walking around I might give UB a very slight edge, but for anything active I would take the FK/Lunars.

One other note: If you want to use them for outdoor jogging, whatever the shoe, it would probably be better to reverse the way you currently cycle your shoes. For jogging you want to use a shoe when it's newest and the cushioning is at it's best - will provide better protection for your knees/body that way. Then depending on the activity, use them for inside once they've started to break down a bit. For jogging, I usually go to the Nike outlet and find a Lunar soled shoe for cheap, without much care for colour.

Thanks. I will keep the cycle advice in mind next time around. For the past year I used flyknit frees as outdoor runner beaters for the trails etc while having the Lunar FK 1s as the indoor shoes. Those Lunars are now the outdoor use ones.

And by the way, I had those habits while purchasing them from nike outlets as well haha. As of right now though... lunar FKs are still good and have a lot of life left in them.

But I can see what you mean about the cushioning bottoming out when it is probably needed more outdoors than on a treadmill.

From my own personal experience, Lunarlon bottoms out way quicker than Boost.  

It is defintely not as durable as a Lunarglide or Pegasus based on the FK Lunar not having much rubber on the outsole.
One good thing though is that once it bottoms out and not a durable runner, just like the case of all flyknit or primeknit uppers...becomes a decent regular walking shoe as the knit doesnt get as dirty as white leather etc.

Last edited:
I'm trying to get rid of some Yeezys. Anyone want a size 9.5 VNDS Olive Stripe with a wrecked box for $550 OBO? 

Anyone experienced boost for hooping?
Got a pair of crazy explosives. Ran for two sessions and felt super tired both times.

Not sure if im getting old or its the shoes. I feel like the sole is too soft so i had to work harder on my legs?

Used Kobe the session after and i felt much better.

Got a pair of crazy explosives. Ran for two sessions and felt super tired both times.

Not sure if im getting old or its the shoes. I feel like the sole is too soft so i had to work harder on my legs?

Thats exactly how i feel about ultraboost, the cushioning is too soft for my knees

@burloak outlets

I use Kobe XI as my reg shoes to ball in. I thought the crazy explosive would be worth a grab for the comfort (my knees aren't that great). Looks like I need to reconsider.

I recall a lot of reviews stating the boost on the crazy explosive was more firm and thus less plush than on the UB. Weird.

Last edited:
I use Kobe XI as my reg shoes to ball in. I thought the crazy explosive would be worth a grab for the comfort (my knees aren't that great). Looks like I need to reconsider.

I recall a lot of reviews stating the boost on the crazy explosive was more firm and thus less plush than on the UB. Weird.

I think everyone is different. I had acl surgery before and played in Kobes for a couple years (8-11 Kobe). I tried the adidas CE low this year and will never go back to Nike for Bball. I love the boost for basketball and don't have knee pain after anymore.

Man I'm sad that I missed the Thomas Campbell dunks this morning...if anyone has an extra 9/9.5 and feeling generous, I'll hook you up huge in the near future.

I used all 3 generations of fk lunars & 3.0 UB for indoor running. have to say UBs are best. that fk lunar sole is def only 80% (if even) of UB comfort but the upper is where they differ the most, seems nike couldnt perfect it. 1st gen lunar - tongue couldnt stay in place. 2nd gen - tongue stayed in place but heel digs in at the back (plus 2nd gen looked wack). when nike ridded nike+ on these the newer lunar, sole was crappier too. 3rd gen - essentially combined 1st & 2nd gen upper together but still riding on that 2nd gen sole which was outdated already

all this ruined my fondness of its successor - the epics. so stayed away from those. plus they looked even more wack than lunar 2s

so I get my UBs and its been heavenly since. huge bonus is continental sole which provides a sh!+ load of traction. as for upper's support - for my indoor activities this isnt a big issue and when I wear them casually outside the freedom of looser fit makes them more comfortable

I have been an nike head since day 1 but UB technology was a game changer

Last edited:
Man I'm sad that I missed the Thomas Campbell dunks this morning...if anyone has an extra 9/9.5 and feeling generous, I'll hook you up huge in the near future.

Besides waking or waiting for 3AM for the release, the shoes went out fairly quick. I say 10 seconds -- tops -- to sell out. :smh:

So you didn't miss much from waiting to secure a cart.

Anyway, goodluck on your hunt for an oop

Last edited:
If anyone is on the look-out for a pair of NRML X New Balance Parliamentary in Size 9 send me a DM.

Back
Top Bottom