Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 3canada, May 25, 2006.

1. I think so, the white/blue sold out really fast

2. Naruto

Naruto

I hate ordering from foot locker because the box always comes in destroyed but they always got good promos and ebates cb that I choose them over ndc. Gonna get a shelf to hold shoes and not use the boxes

mt614 likes this.
  3. onguye324

onguye324

Billy book cases at ikea work well if your wondering on decent priced shelves

kobeoverbron and Naruto like this.
  4. jibs

jibs

I hear ya but I got toddlers. Only time I can do these deals is evenings.

That guy at the townhome turned out cool. Trust me I’m from the hood and never lost my Hood knowledge.

Besides - wouldn’t you want to score two pairs of DS React Element 87s for under retail?

5. Airmax1

Airmax1

Is there a line-up at Livestock rn? anyone there?

6. chu416

chu416

I hear ya about the timing with toddlers (Dad duties over everything) but i've missed out on a few pairs as a result of not being able to meet. some of those times still get me but most of the time i just move on to the next pair but that's just me

7. I gotta be honest, I though I started this Billy bookshelf wave. Spent hours looking around IKEA and '
    found the STEAL that is called the Billy shelf. Bought extra shelving as well. Then I've been noticing
    on IG that everyone is using em. Great minds...

8. Scarborough

Scarborough formerly 7jordan7

which billy shelfs do you guys use im seeing multiple

9. Scarborough likes this.
  10. DYNAMICS

DYNAMICS formerly diplomat tdot

Everyone's situation is different so thats definitely understandable. My stubborn *** would've probably still passed on that deal/situation, but I don't have children and have a bit more flexibility.

Never done one of those sneaker convention things....anyone going to SneakerCon this weekend?

11. megapablo

megapablo

I've never gone either, but I'm going to see what it's like. I don't expect to find anything that is decently priced but who knows.

12. ill4eva

ill4eva

Don't do it, unless you are looking to get out of the sneaker game for good, or you're just looking to sell some shoes. I went to a convention awhile back, and it was filled with hypebeasts, resellers and noobs. Everyone walking around with their heads down, looking at each other's shoes....it's pretty lame. Lol

vood99, jeconfl and chin tai like this.
  13. bbevol

bbevol

Whoa... which colourway was selling under retail?

14. dont bother with Sneakercon
    Unless you like shoetubers, high school kids, and Yeezys

Decent, self-respecting collectors and heads are outnumbered 30:1 by hypebeasts

vood99, mt614, illistic and 5 others like this.
  15. thejgun

thejgun

+1 on the above comment. I was at the Toronto bicycle fall sale last year which is held right next door to sneaker con, and had the intention of going to sneaker con after getting a bike. That was until I saw all the high school aged hypebeats and the elementary school aged hype beasts and their rich parents lining up to get into sneaker con. I’m a grown *** man that cannot deal with that type of crowd.

vood99 and sneakers45 like this.
  16. I've never been and I never will. It's just not an event I'm curious about. If anything really, it kind of
    makes this whole thing corny...

vood99 likes this.
  17. grimeyy

grimeyy

Seen some sneakercon vids and it looks weak as hell. Bunch of dweebs, some are accompanied by mommy while they flex "heat" they didn't buy themselves :rofl:

vood99 likes this.
  18. Like... why would I line up. to buy Merch off these Youtubers and to meet them. WHAT?
    I'm looking for Chicago 2s and Black Toes fam. I don't need no copycat merch. LOL
    It's just different times I guess..

vood99 likes this.
  19. cdubsdad

cdubsdad

I teach at a school with a fairly wealthy population - the grade 6s in my lab class are going to sneakercon

20. ill4eva

ill4eva

The funniest part about sneakercons are the panel discussions. Since its Toronto, maybe this year's panel will involve some local Shoetubers going up stage to tell us what color the shoe box is, just like they do in their videos. And if we're really lucky, he'll put on the shoes after he's done telling us what materials they're made of, and then walk back and forth across the stage while doing tiptoe poses. :lol:

21. mkc1983

mkc1983

I was at vm today and didn’t notice anything decent. A couple of pink (or should I say rose gold) foams on hash, and a few vapormaxes on a shelf near the register.

On another note, polo Ralph Lauren is going to be at the mall. Store kind of looks small though.

corbs likes this.
  22. QU!K

QU!K

Shots fired. Isn't Sean Go in this thread?

Anyway, I went to the sneakercon at acc one year when I wanted to unload some white cements I had been sitting on. Someone gave me free tix so why not. I think I let them go for $500.

I'll pass on going in the future tho.

BTW, anyone want some DS Flyknit Trainers for retail?

23. selfmade__89

selfmade__89 formerly selfmadeapparel

SAD TO SAY this is true, there ARE A LOT of 15 year old hypebeasts out there with MAD STEEEEZZZZZZZ just asking to get robbed imho haha

The guy who runs Sneakercon @ Will asked me and 2 other artists to customize NMDs for 1 of 3 xbox games (CeezeMC from NY and a Calgary airbrusher-who ended up wining and did not give ONE F**K about shoes haha; he saw HardyGirl wearing Tokyo5s and thought she was stupid when i told him the price hahaha. We did interviews from 9am for the"ACEOFCUSTOMS' youtube segment and they were TREACHEROUS to deal with the bright lights, rehearesed lines and cameras.

The competition ran from 12pm - 5pm and after all was said and done i did not even get a tshirt or sumn, 1 year later and they never even released the video....

kobeoverbron likes this.
  24. Second that... Super lame.. pure kids trying to resell and a $25.00 entrance fee to boot. I only meet resellers via Kijiji.. lol

vood99 and chrisftdot like this.