Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

If you have a NDC USA account (and USA phone #) you could enter. Just have to make sure your ID matches up with the name you entered.

Yeah I was concerned about this. If I had won I was still going to go down there and take the risk. The fact that Nike NYC's Twitter account replied to Canadians stating they can enter as long as they provide ID gave me hope.
you happen to have a print screen of that tweet? I want him to show them in case they try to screw him when he goes.

My bro won for blazers. He is planning on taking a flight there but is scared they might turn him away. Under rules and regulations it says for US residents only. He's not sure if he should take that risk now, pay for flight, take day off work. Any suggestions?

Seriously, get a fake id if the shoes mean that much.

Thanks to all who commented re potential tailors. Reps given to all. It does sound like the majority seam (hahah) to stick with Kim, so I guess I will as well. I'll probably do what DYNAMICS DYNAMICS suggested and just drop a bunch of stuff off and pick them up at my convenience.

Last edited:
Not a lot of people will remember these but these were my very first pairs of Jordans. Price ain't bad
Screenshot_20170908-173613.jpg

Last edited:
Yorkville's Tailor is pretty good. He use to do a bunch of stuff for Holt Renfrew, and that's how I was introduced to him... definitely recommend him (if it's the same one mentioned above).

The M&N short's pricing and lack of discounts available to us in Canada are annoying AF. Anyone have an idea if M&N is still going to retro the NBA gear or will it all shift to Nike?

Canada Post robbed me. I had to shell out $139.68 (CAD) for a pair purchased off of StockX. The pair had retailed for $180 (USD) but I bought it for $310 (USD).

Canada Post robbed me. I had to shell out $139.68 (CAD) for a pair purchased off of StockX. The pair had retailed for $180 (USD) but I bought it for $310 (USD).

That's the risk you run when buying from the States, especially on sites like StockX. Sites like that are firm on declaring exact purchase price etc. They aren't going to put themselves at risk by reporting a false purchase price. It doesn't matter what retail price was because they charged you duties on the $310 USD price. The whole point of them charging you such high duty is to prevent you from shopping abroad and promote domestic spending. I agree that it sucks but that's how it is...

Yeah, my friend said anything from the states that costs over $40 there will be duties guaranteed and stockx lists the price you paid, not the retail price.

rule of thumb when purchasing stuff from sites like stockx is assuming you will pay duties as roughly 34% of the total price you paid in CAD. 310 USD is about 377 CAD, and 34% is about $128 CAD in duties

That's the risk you run when buying from the States, especially on sites like StockX. Sites like that are firm on declaring exact purchase price etc. They aren't going to put themselves at risk by reporting a false purchase price. It doesn't matter what retail price was because they charged you duties on the $310 USD price. The whole point of them charging you such high duty is to prevent you from shopping abroad and promote domestic spending. I agree that it sucks but that's how it is...
Yeah, my friend said anything from the states that costs over $40 there will be duties guaranteed and stockx lists the price you paid, not the retail price.

rule of thumb when purchasing stuff from sites like stockx is assuming you will pay duties as roughly 34% of the total price you paid in CAD. 310 USD is about 377 CAD, and 34% is about $128 CAD in duties

This is actually all such interesting information.

StockX has been very inconsistent for me. Some instances where I've paid the resale value paid in duties but other times I only paid 13% tax on retail value in USD....

It's literally russian roulette with your wallet...

StockX didn't take your money. Canada Post collects on behalf of the gov't and charges a small handling fee.

StockX didn't take your money. Canada Post collects on behalf of the gov't and charges a small handling fee.

Yup. On the box, Stockx puts the retail value of the shoe. Unfortunately, the Canada Post guys can sometimes open up the box, find the receipt and charge you. I'm only going to start buying on SX again if the duties amount is increased to at least $300 US.

Customs have become much more anal in the past few years. I remember when I first started collecting shoes about 10 years ago I never used to tell sellers to mark down the value and I didn't pay duties on around 50 pairs I ordered over the years. If the seller forgets to mark down the value now I pay duties 90% of the time. They even opened up two pairs of NMD's my aunt sent me that were marked as a $100 USD gift and assigned the true value to the shoes based on the shipping invoice in the box. I ordered some Air Max 1 OG Reds for 163 shipped from Stockx last week so I'm praying they don't hit me too badly.

lol at StockX, they are quick to put the correct price when selling/shipping out a shoe, BUTTTTT check the commercial invoices when you sell something and see what values they input so when they receive it across the border customs wont be collecting or minimal at the least

isnt the customs limit something ridiculous like $40? id buy canadian...if they had the stuff i wanted and wasnt marked up like crazy. i basically send everything to the US and get it sent up here by someone. Free shipping in the US 9/10 times and i end up only paying like $15 to get it shipped to me.

bun a canadian customs

isnt the customs limit something ridiculous like $40? id buy canadian...if they had the stuff i wanted and wasnt marked up like crazy. i basically send everything to the US and get it sent up here by someone. Free shipping in the US 9/10 times and i end up only paying like $15 to get it shipped to me.

bun a canadian customs

$25 Canadian dollars. But apparently they're working on increasing it.

Back
Top Bottom