Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Off topic... I received a speeding ticket here in Toronto. Going 20 over. As some of you may know, at the back of a speeding ticket, one can either
1) Pay up and plea guilty
2) Ask for a prosecutor meeting (does not forgo the right to go to trial)
3) Go to trial.

For number 2 (the one I am going with), there is an online option "Court Case Lookup" to register. When I enter the file numbers from the ticket in to submit, it says "Case Not Found?". The ticket was issued yesterday. Has anyone been through that or heard anything? Any chance it was dropped, or likely I should wait a few more business days. Thanks NT fam.

Off topic... I received a speeding ticket here in Toronto. Going 20 over. As some of you may know, at the back of a speeding ticket, one can either
3) Go to trial.

For number 2 (the one I am going with), there is an online option "Court Case Lookup" to register. When I enter the file numbers from the ticket in to submit, it says "Case Not Found?". The ticket was issued yesterday. Has anyone been through that or heard anything? Any chance it was dropped, or likely I should wait a few more business days. Thanks NT fam.

Wait for a few more days. The officer probably didn't submit his files yet. File for a trial date on the very last possible date BTW

3) Go to trial.

Happened to me before too. I went to trial, pled guilty, then asked for the fine to be reduced. There's a pretty likely chance of the judge reducing the fine if he/she is in a good mood that day.

Wait for a few more days. The officer probably didn't submit his files yet. File for a trial date on the very last possible date BTW

Thanks MKC. I'm probably premature thinking that. Since yesterday was Sunday (the day it happened) and today being family day. But I've read a couple instances of the cop not filing it because it probably didn't need to be (and to be honest mine was borderline that... biased of course).

Also your reco for trial on last possible date is to blur up recent memory? I was thinking option 2 just to take away the three demerit points, and if prosecutor doesn't, I still have the option for trial. But I would love to know why you gave that reco.

I worry about option 3 because if the cop shows up... the speed gun is listed on the ticket. How could I dispute that, etc? Thanks MKC.

Happened to me before too. I went to trial, pled guilty, then asked for the fine to be reduced. There's a pretty likely chance of the judge reducing the fine if he/she is in a good mood that day.

As in your file number could not be found on court case lookup? Or just a speeding ticket in general? Also did you plea guilty because the cop showed up?

Thanks MKC. I'm probably premature thinking that. Since yesterday was Sunday (the day it happened) and today being family day. But I've read a couple instances of the cop not filing it because it probably didn't need to be (and to be honest mine was borderline that... biased of course).

Also your reco for trial on last possible date is to blur up recent memory? I was thinking option 2 just to take away the three demerit points, and if prosecutor doesn't, I still have the option for trial. But I would love to know why you gave that reco.

I worry about option 3 because if the cop shows up... the speed gun is listed on the ticket. How could I dispute that, etc? Thanks MKC.

There is a thread on redflagdeals forums that are more helpful in answering. But I say file it on the last date possible because it gives them less time to respond. They have a certain amount of days (around 60 from the initial date of ticket being issued) to file their stuff for court. By going on the last day, you give them less time to do that. It's (or should I say was) like that for parking tickets, which is under municipal but I think under provincial they should have a date limit as well. If you go through option 3, request disclosure right after you get your court date, so you see what evidence the cop has on you. I don't know what defence you should use with the Radar or Lidar device, but you probably would want to question its collaboration.

^that was vm about 1pm. Sorry for the bad pics, I took it as quickly as possible. The 13s were being grabbed by many people. They also had those black 8s (called alternates?) for 180, scattered sizes but saw sizes 8-11, maybe missing a size or two in between

Oh yeah, they also got the premium all black 5s for $400 I think.

How much were the flyknits?

As in your file number could not be found on court case lookup? Or just a speeding ticket in general? Also did you plea guilty because the cop showed up?
My ticket was from a camera, so I received it in the mail 3-4 weeks after the actual incident. In cases like that, the police don't really need to be present when you go to trial as all your files are already in the system. I just went, explained myself without seeming cocky, pled guilty, and asked for the charge to be reduced. That being said, if demerit points are on the line, definitely go to someone like XCoppper so they can help you take that off your record.

Sorry to hear about what happened tho... hope everything goes smoothly!

There is a thread on redflagdeals forums that are more helpful in answering. But I say file it on the last date possible because it gives them less time to respond. They have a certain amount of days (around 60 from the initial date of ticket being issued) to file their stuff for court. By going on the last day, you give them less time to do that. It's (or should I say was) like that for parking tickets, which is under municipal but I think under provincial they should have a date limit as well. If you go through option 3, request disclosure right after you get your court date, so you see what evidence the cop has on you. I don't know what defence you should use with the Radar or Lidar device, but you probably would want to question its collaboration.

Whether it is option 2 or 3, will definitely process near the end of the 15 day mark. Gives me time to see if this thing will be processed or if it will continue to be "case not found". Thanks again, MKC.

My ticket was from a camera, so I received it in the mail 3-4 weeks after the actual incident. In cases like that, the police don't really need to be present when you go to trial as all your files are already in the system. I just went, explained myself without seeming cocky, pled guilty, and asked for the charge to be reduced. That being said, if demerit points are on the line, definitely go to someone like XCoppper so they can help you take that off your record.

Sorry to hear about what happened tho... hope everything goes smoothly!

Yeah brother, my first one in 14 years of driving. Yeah its the three demerit points I'd like removed. I am probably doing this solo, win or lose, but I appreciate the words. I will update this forum once this stuff is done. Thanks.

^that was vm about 1pm. Sorry for the bad pics, I took it as quickly as possible. The 13s were being grabbed by many people. They also had those black 8s (called alternates?) for 180, scattered sizes but saw sizes 8-11, maybe missing a size or two in between

Oh yeah, they also got the premium all black 5s for $400 I think.
hmm might pass by tomorrow to look at those foams, really liked them when they released but i cant pay retail for foams anymore.. good price though

ITs the weekend plus holiday so it’s going to take time for the file to upload. You go to court and plead guilty and the crown will probably offer u 14 over which carries no points and a fine of 40 and change.

If your worried about ur insurance, it will be affected. Only way it won’t be is if your insurance company offers forgiveness or u go to court and win.

hmm might pass by tomorrow to look at those foams, really liked them when they released but i cant pay retail for foams anymore.. good price though

I don't think the 25% off will be there tomorrow. Looks like it was a today only thing. Call ahead to check if discount is there, and your size too, because today was pretty busy.

ITs the weekend plus holiday so it’s going to take time for the file to upload. You go to court and plead guilty and the crown will probably offer u 14 over which carries no points and a fine of 40 and change.

If your worried about ur insurance, it will be affected. Only way it won’t be is if your insurance company offers forgiveness or u go to court and win.

Just to add, if you go on your trial date to plead guilty, first ask the prosecutor to speak to the officer. That way, you could tell if he's there or not. Some of the prosecutors are shady. I went to fight my parking ticket last month, and the prosecutor took me outside of the court along with the parking officer, and they kept on telling me to plead guilty and ignored any arguments I had against them. I kept on replying with what evidence do you have against me that proves I was parked at that spot. Lady got so upset she threw her hands in the air and screamed "whatever, I'm done talking to you" and stormed back into the courtroom. We go back inside the court, justice of the peace asks what I would like to plead, I say not guilty, and then the prosecutor says the crown drops the charges >D

how do I get the FF coupon for the nike store it's not showing up in my nike+ app, I saw a guy on RFD with it

Just to add, if you go on your trial date to plead guilty, first ask the prosecutor to speak to the officer. That way, you could tell if he's there or not. Some of the prosecutors are shady. I went to fight my parking ticket last month, and the prosecutor took me outside of the court along with the parking officer, and they kept on telling me to plead guilty and ignored any arguments I had against them. I kept on replying with what evidence do you have against me that proves I was parked at that spot. Lady got so upset she threw her hands in the air and screamed "whatever, I'm done talking to you" and stormed back into the courtroom. We go back inside the court, justice of the peace asks what I would like to plead, I say not guilty, and then the prosecutor says the crown drops the charges >D

I had a few speeding tix before and always with on a speed trap.

Word of advice, always request a trial date. Unless you feel you don’t have the time to attend but IMO it is the best option. Once the trial date comes go early and they will have the prosecutor there who has the list of names. He/she will tell you if the cop showed up or not. If not then your good. But if cop is there the prosecutor will offer you a reduced fine with no demerit (at least that was the offer to me).

As ppl mentioned above unless the ticket get dropped, a reduced fine with no dermerot will still be on ur record. 1 or 2 should not affect ur premiums that much if you are with the same company.

Xcopper is not a good option if it is just speeding. They will take ur money and then if they get the same result (reduced fine no demerit) they consider that a win. So you might as well do it urself

Just FYI tho. When I went for my last court date for speeding like 6 months ago. A lot of ppl got caught with using cell phone. That charge they are being more harsh, reduced fine but demerit stays.

Hope this helps.

I'm gonna dispel a common misconception.
Demerit points don't affect your insurance. It's convictions (pleading guilty to your ticket) that affect it.
Demerit points are primarily used for license suspension.
You can have demerit points dropped from your record but if you have a record of ticket/conviction, your premium is still affected.

I'm gonna dispel a common misconception.
Demerit points don't affect your insurance. It's convictions (pleading guilty to your ticket) that affect it.
Demerit points are primarily used for license suspension.
You can have demerit points dropped from your record but if you have a record of ticket/conviction, your premium is still affected.
You learn something new every day...

I bought a pair of those flyknit 1's on sunday from VM, you guys think Nike will price adjust for me seeing as how now they are 25% off today?

****, now the mall is closed, i work 10 minutes away too. God dammnit. Im sure they'll adjust it for me, if its still 25% off.

3) Go to trial.

It takes time. My one and only speeding ticket, I took to court last year and ended up getting it dropped because they didn't provide disclosure. Check RFD, there's a whole thread on this stuff if you need help.

I bought a pair of those flyknit 1's on sunday from VM, you guys think Nike will price adjust for me seeing as how now they are 25% off today?

****, now the mall is closed, i work 10 minutes away too. God dammnit. Im sure they'll adjust it for me, if its still 25% off.
Receipt says ypu have 14 days for a price adj. But i believe the 25% was only today. They have to be on sale the day you adj.

Back
Top Bottom