Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

This raptor team is not a true number 1 seed talent wise. The east was riddled with injuries. Also true superstars like lebron know it doesn’t matter what your record is during the season. Especially in the East, he knows once the night lights come on he can carry his team to beat any team in the east. This raptors team is b grade at best along with Derozan Andreas Lowry. We’re taking a knife to a gun fight, so we should all know how that ends

Crazy how are defense REFUSES to double LeBron and NOT HELP on mismatched switches.
I thought Casey was supposed to be a good defensive coach.
We look like sitting ducks out there fam. Is he just stubborn or blind?
single coverage on Bron has never worked EVER and going 0-3 isn't
a red flag... We need a new coach seriously. I know Casey's accomplished
so much for us but he has no answer for the post season when things
actually matter. We need a new look.

Crazy how are defense REFUSES to double LeBron and NOT HELP on mismatched switches.
I thought Casey was supposed to be a good defensive coach.
We look like sitting ducks out there fam. Is he just stubborn or blind?
single coverage on Bron has never worked EVER and going 0-3 isn't
a red flag... We need a new coach seriously. I know Casey's accomplished
so much for us but he has no answer for the post season when things
actually matter. We need a new look.

The problem is actually that they haven't been consistent in any approach to defense. They have tried to throw single coverage at Lebron but then guys cheat and still try to double (Serge, JV, Demar) which is leaving Love, JR Smith and Korver completely open. The mismatch switches is something they're doing a horrendous job at doing as well. They've been two to three steps slow which always result in open looks. Like KooKoo said...the Cavs bench has shown up in this series but the Raptors haven't done anything to make it tough on them. The funny thing is when you analyze the performances offensively from the Raptors in Games 1, even 2 and 3...those offensive numbers are similar to what you would see from teams on the winning side. The difference is that the defense has been so $hit that the Cavs have flat out outscored them and are putting up numbers like every time down the court. The only game where you saw any kind of resistance or multiple stops was Game 3 and you saw what Lebron did to finish that game and take the win.

I'm so frustrated at this point of being a Raptors fan. Obviously we've never had "great" success but I'm sure I'm not alone when I say how sick I am of all of this culture reset BS while they always sell us on the same team over and over again without making any major changes, then they come out in the Playoffs and are predictable, stagnant and mentally weak. Talking to a couple friends...some are going the route of our talent just not being good enough but then you have the other side who like the roster but hate the coaching staff and mainly their rotational decisions. Casey is definitely being outcoached by Tyron Lue. Demar has been super disappointing in this series as well. He was up and down against the Wizards but did enough to still make you have confidence in his abilities. This franchise has been rebuilding for like 80% of it's existence or more. That's why it's legit heartbreaking to be a Raps fan when you see other franchises like the Sixers/Celtics etc all have down years but most franchise's successful peak years have been much higher and promising than the Raptors.

It also pisses me off to know that MLSE is probably more than content with just continuing to line their pockets while putting out a subpar and mediocre product. Those seats will sell out and be filled no matter what the outcome in the Playoffs. This fan base is so passionate and loyal but we also have such a high level of angst because it's like they are fine with just being average...

Last edited:
we haven't adjusted s*** for 3 games. Casey is not the coach to bring us forward. He got us as far as he could,
but not all coaches are meant to bring championships to the organizations. In fact, only 30 somthing coaches
out of 340ish have ever won a ring. This season is a clear indication that it's time to move on. 1st Seed to being
swept by arguably the weakest LeBron team we've faced.

The problem is actually that they haven't been consistent in any approach to defense. They have tried to throw single coverage at Lebron but then guys cheat and still try to double (Serge, JV, Demar) which is leaving Love, JR Smith and Korver completely open. The mismatch switches is something they're doing a horrendous job at doing as well. They've been two to three steps slow which always result in open looks. Like KooKoo said...the Cavs bench has shown up in this series but the Raptors haven't done anything to make it tough on them. The funny thing is when you analyze the performances offensively from the Raptors in Games 1, even 2 and 3...those offensive numbers are similar to what you would see from teams on the winning side. The difference is that the defense has been so $hit that the Cavs have flat out outscored them and are putting up numbers like every time down the court. The only game where you saw any kind of resistance or multiple stops was Game 3 and you saw what Lebron did to finish that game and take the win.

I'm so frustrated at this point of being a Raptors fan. Obviously we've never had "great" success but I'm sure I'm not alone when I say how sick I am of all of this culture reset BS while they always sell us on the same team over and over again without making any major changes, then they come out in the Playoffs and are predictable, stagnant and mentally weak. Talking to a couple friends...some are going the route of our talent just not being good enough but then you have the other side who like the roster but hate the coaching staff and mainly their rotational decisions. Casey is definitely being outcoached by Tyron Lue. Demar has been super disappointing in this series as well. He was up and down against the Wizards but did enough to still make you have confidence in his abilities. This franchise has been rebuilding for like 80% of it's existence or more. That's why it's legit heartbreaking to be a Raps fan when you see other franchises like the Sixers/Celtics etc all have down years but most franchise's successful peak years have been much higher and promising than the Raptors.

It also pisses me off to know that MLSE is probably more than content with just continuing to line their pockets while putting out a subpar and mediocre product. Those seats will sell out and be filled no matter what the outcome in the Playoffs. This fan base is so passionate and loyal but we also have such a high level of angst because it's like they are fine with just being average...

I think the major problem with the roster is forcing Demar into that #1 role. Unfortunately, with a condition like depression, throwing pressure onto him might not bring out the best. There needs to be another player who is the de facto #1. And I don't know if it's possible for Toronto to necessarily get a player like that without drafting him. It's kind of like Cleveland. Even if they had the money, a big name free agent isn't going to sign there. You have 4-6 teams where a free agent would sign and they're all big market teams. Houston, Golden State (I am not sure if they're big or small market but I'd say any team in California can be considered big market), LA and Boston are the obvious. Probably Philly for the next few seasons. So really, rebuilding is often the only option. When LeBron leaves Cleveland (depending on how the rest of the playoffs go), they're going to have to rebuild. And the unfortunate issue is, much like LeBron for Toronto and the rest of the East, Golden State is that barrier for the Cavs (and LeBron). If it wasn't for Durant going to Golden State, I don't think there would be a question of LeBron leaving Cleveland and changing the face of our franchise yet again. So I know the pain LeBron has caused people and have a similar level of contempt for the Warriors... Haha.

Yeah. I guess when I generalized about the Raptors fans, part of it is we have a city with so many people I wouldn't personally consider fans. And it's not a knock on the REAL fans because there are people who are only drawn to success and have no interest when presented with failure. There is so much money in the city that unfortunately those people are able to go to games as a status symbol and just instagram stuff even if they don't care about basketball and just drink/yell all day. A total rebuild would lose the MLSE a ton of money because ticket prices would drop. The last few seasons, people were going to Raptors games regardless of who they played. If there is a rebuild, people would only go to marquee opponent games... So yeah, they'd definitely be happy just continuing regular season success because the totality of the regular season success would benefit them more than a rebuild to a better team in a few years.

we haven't adjusted s*** for 3 games. Casey is not the coach to bring us forward. He got us as far as he could,
but not all coaches are meant to bring championships to the organizations. In fact, only 30 somthing coaches
out of 340ish have ever won a ring. This season is a clear indication that it's time to move on. 1st Seed to being
swept by arguably the weakest LeBron team we've faced.

I think some of this criticism on Casey is unfair. I mean, LeBron hit a crazy fadeaway in game 1 to tie it up and hit an off balanced floater to win the game at the buzzer. So realistically this series could even be 2-1 in the favour of Toronto.

Brad Stevens could only get one game off the Cavs the last two times they played in the playoffs (last season and 2015). And people are touting him as the best coach in basketball. Every franchise in the East between 2011 and now hasn't been able to take him down. In a total of 23 series' in the East, 115 games (including the current one), LeBron has a record of 73 - 24. That's INSANE. He's also won all 23 of those series'... You might be playing the worst team LeBron has had facing you. But you're also playing against arguably the best LeBron (and potentially player) the league has ever seen.

I have spoken about this with a lot of people and they've mostly agreed if the Raptors didn't face the Cavs in the playoffs, they would likely have gone to the finals. It took the Indiana series for players on the Cavs to also just get into it. And the Cavs were missing Hill really until game 7. He didn't look healthy until then. So it's a combination of many things that just went against you guys...

STC footaction restocked the clay green 1's, not sure what sizes are left though.

That said, if anyone can assist an 8.5 I'd appreciate it. Have a pair of DS shadow 1 sz8.5 for retail to return the favour

I think the major problem with the roster is forcing Demar into that #1 role. Unfortunately, with a condition like depression, throwing pressure onto him might not bring out the best. There needs to be another player who is the de facto #1. And I don't know if it's possible for Toronto to necessarily get a player like that without drafting him.
*SNIP*
Demar, bless his heart, is a B-tier star. The guy reps the city admirably, is a workhorse, and has improved every season in some way - but he is not a guy who can change the tides when facing elite players / teams. He can and does get shut down by opposing defenses. He's a good player, but not a great one.

Having said that, he and Lowry are the best we've been able to get for whatever reason. Maybe Bron makes his way over here in the off-season, somehow, some way.

$40 at Todays sportswear, fathers day is coming
20180506_122729.jpg

$40?! I just copped a pair for $65 from TheBay lol...should return that. Thanks!

Ya artvandelay artvandelay . I always gave Demar the benefit of the doubt because he was a solid kid who has clearly improved every season he has been here. Like you mentioned as well...you couldn't find a more loyal person to the city and really embraced the culture and what Toronto has to offer. I don't care what anyone says because I won't turn my back on the guy with all he has done for the city. When there are bad times, everyone forgets about all the good times and good things people have done for the city.

if you can produce a pic or advert, bay should be able to price match & save yourself a trip

Interesting...didn't know TheBay did that. Would I be able to show the pic canadianballer posted here or would it have to a pic from a flyer or something? I don't think they have an online store.

For Casey everything is relative. Since the Raptors have a contender's regular season record he will be considered for COY (lol) ... and so you you naturally compare him to Brad Stevens, Steve Kerr or Greg Popovich which makes him look pretty out of his league. Casey struggles with in-game adjustments (on both ends) and couldn't draw up a play to save his life in a dead ball situation. He should have been fired after the Washington series a few years ago but that never happened ... not sure who we would bring in to replace him at this point. If you compare him to Fred Hoiberg or Billy Donovan he's not that bad I guess? Could MLSE get behind spending coin on a higher profile guy like Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy or Chauncey Billups?

The Brad Stevens argument is a non-debatable topic. He's the best coach in the NBA right now and it's not even close ... he does more with what he has than any other coach. He's basically playing his bench + Al Horford and getting to the east finals. Dead ball plays, in-game adjustments ... not even close.

The Brad Stevens argument is a non-debatable topic. He's the best coach in the NBA right now and it's not even close ... he does more with what he has than any other coach. He's basically playing his bench + Al Horford and getting to the east finals. Dead ball plays, in-game adjustments ... not even close.

Most definitely. But Great players beat great coaches 9 times out of 10.

I think the funniest thing about the debates right now are that Indiana would have rolled through Toronto if they beat Cleveland. That to me proves most players, analysts and 'fans' just don't watch games or take the time to understand them. Some teams are just built to take down other teams. I've said it all along, the Cavs aren't great when faced with physicality. Indiana is a physical team, but the refs let them play that way. The Raptors are being called for fouls the Pacers would never be called for because they were underdogs. Hell, Bojan had his head in LeBron's chest on every inbounds play and got called for it once. That is in no way, shape or form legal defense. It was a joke. It should not have been the series it was. George Hill was also out for most of the series where LeBron could have used another ball handler. The role players weren't showing up. Ect. Matchup wise, Toronto would have been way better off with Indiana because the Pacers aren't good with ball movement. Great individual defenders (Thad, Turner, Oladipo, Stephenson when he's good) but can't do much against size and passing. So where they're able to pressure the role players and let LeBron get his, it's a lot easier. And in this series, the Cavs have Hill back and JR, Korver, ect are playing well. It's not like "if I beat you, and you beat that guy, I'm better then him." There is no transitive property in basketball.

I hate that it's all about the Raptors downfall instead of the Cavs stepping up their play with a brand new roster. Anything to make LeBron look like he's not the greatest or one of the greatest players in the history of basketball... Sweep or not, this Raptors team is better than people are giving them credit for.

Still hoping for a Cavs sweep, haha.

I was hoping they’d get at least 1 for pride but guess not.

Coach gotta get fired, he got us out of rebuilding but we need another coach to take us to the next level.

As I said before the series, they had the mental edge, losing game 1 like that probably broke the Raptors

Going to be a long off-season, I don’t think anyone is getting traded, their trade values are way too low and Masai don’t get fleeced like that

Ah wells back to shoes

Anyone got sz11 shadows for retail still? Haha

Raptors are laughable when it comes to playoffs, it seems like LeBron is their kryptonite. He eliminated them last year. Déjà vu all over again

Not that it would have changed the outcome but that wasn't a flagrant 2 on Demar

Back
Top Bottom