Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Y’all comfortable buying resell and having to legit check them without a proper comparison?

tough situation
true… I never had a fake in hand or anything but I’m thinking I could tell… then again if it’s high quality enough to get by stockx/goat/eBay Authenticators maybe I wouldn’t be able to tell. I will say bringing them to a sneaker consignment shop that has real ones in hand and have seen reals and fakes come and go- you still have to be cautious of those shops. Cuz they make mistakes too, I’ve seen it first hand. I saw them unsure/disagreeing on a real pair that they second guessed, and I brought to multiple diff sneaker consignment stores before I got my confirmation. But the sneakers I had were worn so that makes it 10x harder than a deadstock pair. (Not travs but some 1s)

Crazy where people go with money..if I was about to drop cash like that it would be a vacation to SE Asia with the wife. Beaches, drinks and amazing food. Not 2 pairs of shoes.
Maybe some can do both

Missing the whole point I guess...don't matter if you got the money or not, paying these people to buy the shoe before you can get it yourself and then sell it to you 10 times retail price is idiotic and can't make it seem logical at all.

I don't get how yall complaining about bots and resellers but still buying from them. You absolutely don't need these shoes that bad.
As far as I see it, shoes isn't meant for everybody. And I much rather have it that way then it being a more accessible shoe.

You telling me if you had the resell money, you wouldn't pony up the cash for a pair?

As far as I see it, shoes isn't meant for everybody. And I much rather have it that way then it being a more accessible shoe.

You telling me if you had the resell money, you wouldn't pony up the cash for a pair?

I’m more upset if I miss out on a GR

like them lighting 4’s watch bruh.

Shoes so bad some of us will luck out on the cool grey 11’s

cause the hype and resell bozo trying to flip em for 50 over lol.

I’m more upset if I miss out on a GR

like them lighting 4’s watch bruh.

Shoes so bad some of us will luck out on the cool grey 11’s

cause the hype and resell bozo trying to flip em for 50 over lol.
Haven't really tried to via retail all year. Most of my sneaker purchases have been via resell.

Don't think copping for retail is worth the hassle.
I have the money, money has never been a issue. I have self control, and don't feed trolls.
To each its own.

I understand the beef with resellers if you're an old head.

I don't like resellers, I remember times in the early-to-mid 2000s when I could buy "real shoes" on sale for less than $100. Stuff like Uptempos, Barkleys, Pennys, Air Raids, Huaraches, and even lots of Jordans.

Nowadays everything sells out.

But I don't agree with crying about hype shoes like this. Drop these same shoes in 2007 and they're the brick of bricks. These shoes wouldn't be sought after if not for resellers and this hype culture.

y'all gotta stop all the fakes fear mongering unless y'all the ones trying all these "tactics" to get pass the authentication :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The scary ones are the ones that get sent to stock x. And the seller got both fake and real and use the real box and reciepts with fake kicks.. -1-3k down the drain.

The scary ones for me are the sneads who have a collection and the majority of the shoes they own, they barely wanted or settled for because they just happened to hit for retail... I'd quit.

You know some people brag about there UAs pasing authentication at ScamX and GOAT so you might got a pair of UAs in your collection and don't even know it 😏

Facts. I can count the number of times I've paid resale on one hand. Other than one pair, all of the other pairs I can guarantee are legit because I've done heavy research on all the available replicas and the key tells before buying. Had to make sure there were no good replicas readily available.

The one pair I'm not sure about is...... a Jordan 1.
The older colorways are perfected so good that it's scary. Fortunately the resale was only like $100 over retail at the time before all Jordan 1s shot up in price.

i have no concerns on my end given my friend won them off Nike so paying that 1.2 aint too hard to swallow. Would never pay that on apps or even from local sellers

Y’all comfortable buying resell and having to legit check them without a proper comparison?

tough situation
I’m stuck in this situation where I’m okay to pull the trigger if I know it’s 100% real, but I don’t know anyone who hit retail in my size (or any size) to buy the highs from. Did deep research into fakes, but it’s still hard to tell without having a legit pair in hand and I think I’ll always second guess it.

The whole fakes passing as authentic ish is super over stated. It’s rare and doesn’t apply to the majority of the fakes out there. If your buying from a place that offers authentication they’ll be using real pairs to do their authentication. I wouldn’t even stress about it. Worst case a chargeback is a phone call away.
My concern is I won’t know if I need to chargeback cause idk if I can tell heh

My concern is I won’t know if I need to chargeback cause idk if I can tell heh

wouldnt this be the case for any shoe you don’t get from a retailer directly?

best thing you can do is once you get them run them through an online service like check check or suede one. Even better would be to take it to a consignment shop with Pairs on hand and compare for yourself.

the likely hood of a fake shoe getting authenticated twice by two separate services is so low it’s not even worth thinking about.

Last edited:
The whole fakes passing as authentic ish is super over stated. It’s rare and doesn’t apply to the majority of the fakes out there. If your buying from a place that offers authentication they’ll be using real pairs to do their authentication. I wouldn’t even stress about it. Worst case a chargeback is a phone call away.
With most Travis Scott collabs the materials they use a slightly different texture of suede & the smell is of its own. If you've had his shoes in hand then you tell a fake a pair in person.

Back
Top Bottom