**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

But maybe this thread needs some healthy patriotism good vibes...

Someone painted this in McKennie's hometown outside Dallas. Yall know this is my guy.

Though even if he were fully healthy, he wouldn't be my in my starting 11 on Monday.

1668929552145.png

edit: a local artist did both the North Texas guys in their respective towns.

1668929443654.png

Rocking the Waldo today…… LET’s GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 9EC48312-D1F7-4CA0-B69D-AA1905C04D9D.jpeg
    9EC48312-D1F7-4CA0-B69D-AA1905C04D9D.jpeg
    501 KB · Views: 61
Sorry
Cant support this team.
70 million latinos is the US and we have two on the bench.
Yes one is half Guatemalan like me but still…USMNT straight disrespecting all the latinos who have helped grow soccer in the US and support MLS when no one else watched.

#RepresentationMatters

Sorry
Cant support this team.
Yes one is half Guatemalan like me but still…USMNT straight disrespecting all the latinos who have helped grow soccer in the US and support MLS when no one else watched.

#RepresentationMatters

Who are you saying sorry to? Seems you think the team is leaving out Latinos on purpose?

ICE CITY CF ICE CITY CF follows the youth programs pretty closely I think

Who are you saying sorry to? Seems you think the team is leaving out Latinos on purpose?

ICE CITY CF ICE CITY CF follows the youth programs pretty closely I think
They dont scout our communities
I coach in CA
Been coaching for 12 years
They let other countries do the scouting for us.
“John Doe is playing in the Scottish second division?…he must be good…lets call him up to the US team”

Sorry
Cant support this team.

#RepresentationMatters
Yeah this is disappointing to see. USSF and its structure has seemed to allocate resources in a way where certain regions or "traditional" American hotbeds benefit more from exposure. I know the respective MLS clubs have done a little better in identifying talent in communities that have traditionally overlooked, but the system as is still leads to talented youth falling through the cracks and/or having to jump through hoops to be discovered.

Youth Soccer seems to be a whole enterprise and Pay to Play remains the reality for most. For Mexican American players specifically that have been talented enough, they experience the dilemma of having to choose between USSF or El Tri, which the latter tends to win out mostly/understandably.

Back
Top Bottom