:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Mi Capitan 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Todos los que dudaron... que la sigan chupando.

how is it surprising? Spain can control the midfield and possession against any team. The same thing will happen in the final and the netherlands will have to capitalize on their few counter attack chances, set pieces, shots from way out, etc.

The final can still go either way because Spain has not shown the ability to score on the million chances they get and the netherlands have been masters with fluke/lucky goals.

Originally Posted by Noskey

This was a big surprise to me, as it is to many others I'm sure. Cant believe Germany was held scoreless
eek.gif
Wish I was able to see the 2nd half though
smh.gif

Are you kidding me? Strategically Germany was a one dimensional team...Score first then sit back and counter attack. Well this time Spain scored first and they were screwed just like when Slovakia scored on them first and Argentina did in the May friendly. I think I might use that strategy this week for my AYSO kids.
wink.gif

Well i don't like Spain or Holland but atleast they both try to play total football unlike Germany.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Robben and Sneijder couldn't do it in the Spanish league
Both fared quite well actually. It's not because of skill that they left.

Never said that they were unskilled. But they weren't released because they did very well, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

Mi Capitan 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

spain vs Holland
pimp.gif
       JJgrt5 what part of spain are you from?

After watching the game i can officially say i will be rooting for the Netherlands. This Spanish team is extremely boring to watch.

Did you suffer from blindness during that Ozul play in the first half?
smh.gif
Your joking right? Ramos did in fact clip him. It wasn't called because it was due to the inertia of the play. but Ozil didn't dive.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

After watching the game i can officially say i will be rooting for the Netherlands. This Spanish team is extremely boring to watch.
Actually they are probably the most exciting as well as Brazil.

It's the teams playing them that make it boring.....they can't content with Spain's superior passing and the resulting offensive onslaught and so they sit back, "park the bus," and hope to counterattack when Spain makes a mistake.

It makes the game way more boring but that's hardly Spain's fault. Switzerland did it in the very first match of the group stage and got the win so I think every other team tried to replicate it as a result. Hasn't worked.

That isn't the Netherlands' style though, and they have the high-powered offense to play an attacking style. I expect an exciting final.

I am also looking forward to the 3rd place game. Germany will probably win but it'd be awesome to see Uruguay pull it off. Forlán is sick.
Originally Posted by outbackbob24

Did you suffer from blindness during that Ozul play in the first half?
smh.gif
Your joking right? Ramos did in fact clip him. It wasn't called becauseit was due to the inertia of the play. but Ozil didn't dive.

Yeah.....what? The play from both sides of this match was perfect. No yellow cards, no diving.

Just good effort and good soccer with none of the cheap tackle or theatrics.

Do you understand soccer at all?

The way they played today was all strategy if they keep possession the entire game they limit the opportunities that Germany could get and since they have one of the best passing squad on the planet it worked out beautifully. If they played a reckless game they would have given Germany to many chances to score on counter attacks and would have increased they're likelihood of losing the game.

Just look back at how they beat England, almost all their points were from counter attacks after failed England attacks.

Hopefully Uruguay payed attention to that and follows the same tactic and send Germany home with nothing.

Yo NT, I'm holding a little t-shirt give away contest since the World Cup is coming to a close. Just follow this link to enter: http://livebreathefutbol....n-world-cup-contest.html
With the Spain v Germany clash just finished and the World Cup in South Africa drawing to a close I'm sure most of you are feeling pretty sad that the World Cup is over, well Live Breathe Futbol is here to cheer you up!

I thought it would be cool to have a little bit of fun with all the events that have occurred so far in the World Cup. What do I mean by that? Live Breathe Futbol will be giving away ONE t-shirt to ONE lucky winner of our World Cup contest. All you have to do is submit (via comments on this post) a 2-4 line "freestyle" rap talking about an event(s) that took place during this historic World Cup in South Africa! Keep it clean and let's have some fun with it! Be Creative!

Contest Rules:

- Each person MUST submit a comment via a profile that is linked to a valid e-mail address. That way if you win, we can get in touch with you.

- An anonymous entry, no matter how awesome it is, cannot win because we can't give the prize to thin air.

- Each person is limited to 10 entries. So post your 10 best raps.

- The contest is open from 6pm EST July 7th 2010 and closes at 4pm EST July 11th 2010.

- The winner will be announced at 5pm July 12th 2010.

What is the prize you ask?

Here it is!
lbf_stripe_10.jpg

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Do you understand soccer at all?

The way they played today was all strategy if they keep possession the entire game they limit the opportunities that Germany could get and since they have one of the best passing squad on the planet it worked out beautifully. If they played a reckless game they would have given Germany to many chances to score on counter attacks and would have increased they're likelihood of losing the game.

Just look back at how they beat England, almost all their points were from counter attacks after failed England attacks.

Hopefully Uruguay payed attention to that and follows the same tactic and send Germany home with nothing.
A good strategy doesn't mean the soccer was exciting. There is a common misconception that dominating possession means playing beautiful soccer. It doesn't. Spain didn't dominate possession in Euro 2008 when its victory was considered a triumph of the beautiful game. In fact, I think it had less possession that opposing teams in all but 1 or 2 games, and Germany had more possession than them in the final. There was a balance between risk and possession for Spain in Euro 2008, and they have lost that balance at this World Cup. Now it's all possession and very little risk. They basically try to short-pass/dribble the ball into the goal. It might be effective, but it's not terribly exciting. 

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Originally Posted by Noskey

This was a big surprise to me, as it is to many others I'm sure. Cant believe Germany was held scoreless
eek.gif
Wish I was able to see the 2nd half though
smh.gif

Are you kidding me? Strategically Germany was a one dimensional team...Score first then sit back and counter attack. Well this time Spain scored first and they were screwed just like when Slovakia scored on them first and Argentina did in the May friendly. I think I might use that strategy this week for my AYSO kids.
wink.gif

Well i don't like Spain or Holland but atleast they both try to play total football unlike Germany.

Except for the last bit, I agree. It wound up that Germany got exposed for what they were. They had momentum, and what turned out to be some good match ups,  but some people saw through (me not being one of them
laugh.gif
). My father told me before the match, "Spain ain't no Argentina. They actually play tactically".

I think Spain and Holland will be very exciting. If anyone in Europe plays a more fluid up and down style it's Spain and Holland. Spain can be possession hounds if they want to but that occurs because the opposing side lets them be. Germany felt so confident in their defense and counter ability that they just sat back. The Dutch aren't playing a counter style but more of their Total Football.

I always a fan of the Dutch in international tournies but they've been flopping hard this entire tourney.  I can see them shooting themselves in the foot and playing a man down if  they choose to flop at the wrong time. Especially since Spain is not known for playing rough and fouling a lot.

A Dutch win would be epic though.

Originally Posted by gil23

Mi Capitan 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

spain vs Holland
pimp.gif
I was actually born in Mexico... moved here (USA) legally at age 2, rest is history. My Grandparents are the last true "Spaniards" from my family tree, they moved from Valencia to Mexico. Im a loyal Spain/ Barca fan because most of my family roots for them, and Carles Puyol is my favorite player. 

Originally Posted by gil23

Mi Capitan 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

spain vs Holland
pimp.gif
I was actually born in Mexico... moved here legally at age 2, rest is history. My Grandparents are the last true "Spaniards" from my family tree, they moved from Valencia to Mexico. Im a loyal Spain/ Barca fan because most of my family roots for them, and Carles Puyol is my favorite player. 

I started likeing Barca about 7-8 years ago and Puyol is one of my favorite players
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom