Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 129 78.7%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
Wait I'm sorry is Gamepass undergoing some sort of radical change to where its become the topic du jour in here?
GamePass has become a bigger and better product and now Xbox is heavily promoting it. They're not interested in a console war with PlayStation. Xbox isn't focused on exclusive anymore, now they're saying "You can play all of these games for $15 per month"

3397AC1B-16B9-4C71-BD92-35085818240A.gif

Game pass started out with older third party games, then they included all first party games big and small, now they are signing deals to have third party games from indie devs there day one. MS keeps increasing the value of the service. Plus you can find deals on Game Pass subs so you get a discount on top of everything.

It's almost too good of a deal, especially for people who play a lot of games. The service pays for itself after three games per year. It's similar to if MoviePass were backed by a trillion-dollar company, for any smaller company this would be an unsustainable business model. Microsoft is taking a loss on every gamepass they sell. Their hope is they'll get in enough homes to eventually make it up on volume

Not interested in game pass when the games they got on there whack af.

MS gotta do game pass + AAA titles with it.
For me, thats why I love Gamepass. Sure having a majority AAA titles on the service would be awesome, but I'd probably end up getting those games with or without gamespass. There's a TON of games on gamepass that I would have never spent 60 dollars for. Having those type of games available is awesome because now I can play them without breaking the bank.

Yeah that would be awesome if they put AAAs on there...stuff like The Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, Monster Hunter World, etc

There are no AAA exclusives and, traditionally, that's what's moved consoles. There aren't any Xbox games that make you say "I need to own an Xbox to play this game" (this might change in the future, who knows). Playstation has about 10 AAA exclusives (Uncharted, Last of Us, Horizon, God of War, Spiderman, Ratchet and Clank, FF7 remake, Bloodbourne, etc.) such games. This is what I mean when I say that Xbox isn't even trying to compete with Playstation in this way. Microsoft isn't even focusing on Series X and experiences exclusive to Xbox, they're focusing on GamePass

I wouldn’t say it’s a problem but...

Some of these AAA titles they get are years old and I’ve already played i.e. TW3, RDR2, GTA V etc.

If I look at their first party output and filter out what I would have bought day one, that leaves me with a total of 4 games. Gears of War 4 (2016), Forza Horizon 3 (2016), Forza Horizon 4 (2018 ), and Gears 5 (2019).

If you’re content with waiting for older AAA titles to hit the service or maybe you’re on a budget then I can see Gamepass being a wonderful service. Initially I was on board with it. I’m currently subscribed until December but after really looking at what is actually being offered, I realized that it’s not that great of an offer...for me, of course.

Buy and play what makes you happy is what it ultimately comes down to.

15$ a month is wild to me based on my circumstances in regards to time but I understand the value proposition.

There are no AAA exclusives and, traditionally, that's what's moved consoles. There aren't any Xbox games that make you say "I need to own an Xbox to play this game" (this might change in the future, who knows). Playstation has about 10 AAA exclusives (Uncharted, Last of Us, Horizon, God of War, Spiderman, Ratchet and Clank, FF7 remake, Bloodbourne, etc.) such games. This is what I mean when I say that Xbox isn't even trying to compete with Playstation in this way. Microsoft isn't even focusing on Series X and experiences exclusive to Xbox, they're focusing on GamePass

They purchased 6 developers last year for exclusive content. When Ninja Theory and Obsidian start putting out their big budget games I expect some great stuff will come out of there+Playground is making a Fable game.

15$ a month is wild to me based on my circumstances in regards to time but I understand the value proposition.
$15 a month is for Game Pass ultimate, which is Xbox + PC

Regular Game Pass is $10 a month.

Wait until the holidays and you can find deals on 12 month Game Pass cards that push the price down lower (into a $6/month range).

I don't have much time for games now because of my job, but I took advantage of a promotion a while back were MS upgraded Gold accounts and regular Game Pass account to Game Pass Ultimate. Signed up for 3 years, for worked out to be $4.5 a month for a $15 service.

Gamepass gamepass gamepass. What happened to the most powerful console ever? MS making game that'll run on your iPad. Games look like 360 games. Yall can keep your gamepass with your AA batteries

$15 a month is for Game Pass ultimate, which is Xbox + PC

Regular Game Pass is $10 a month.

Wait until the holidays and you can find deals on 12 month Game Pass cards that push the price down lower (into a $6/month range).

I don't have much time for games now because of my job, but I took advantage of a promotion a while back were MS upgraded Gold accounts and regular Game Pass account to Game Pass Ultimate. Signed up for 3 years, for worked out to be $4.5 a month for a $15 service.
You 100% feel where I am coming from nd that is great advice thank you.

I just took a look. I didn't think at first you could just go look it up and see what they got as if you were regularly shopping.

So far I've seen like half dozen games I don't have I'd like to play. They do have RDR2

Thing is I've just been waiting for games to go for less than $15 and just cop them on the switch. Plus I do have this thing about staying physical and actually owning the games I really like.

dont get me wrong, i have both the xbox and ps4 and love both. xbox for multi, ps4 for single player

but if xbox really wanna push gamepass, i need AAA titles on gamepass the day its released.

or imma turn into this dude

Back
Top Bottom