Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 129 78.7%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
What is the point of having one be more powerful than the other. They'll both play the same games correct?
Because the Series X is relatively more expensive to manufacture that previous Xbox consoles. Price cuts will probably come slower. I would think it would give people a cheaper option to play next gen games.

Yeah but one will be 20fps while the other is 60 fps and higher.

If you care about that sort of thing.
They are targeting generally the same framerates. But different resolutions. 4K for series X, 1080p for Series S

Can someone here explain the rationale as to why every multi-plat isn't doing crossplay? Are they still using the same old tired excuses from like 2014?

Can someone here explain the rationale as to why every multi-plat isn't doing crossplay? Are they still using the same old tired excuses from like 2014?
Sony is not a fan of crossplay

Probably don't want to give up the network effects of being a market leader with a closed ecosystem

Call of Duty, which is probably the biggest multiplayer game, came out the gate with cross play. Developers came at Sony's neck for not allowing it. Sony changed course and allowed it and those developers got quiet. For all that talk about just hitting a "switch", you'd think there would be a lot more developers implementing it in their games. Weird :emoji_thinking:

Microsoft has been pro crossplay since this current gen dropped but Sony isn't really with it

What is the point of having one be more powerful than the other. They'll both play the same games correct?
Different markets. Gap doesn’t appeal to the old navy buyer etc. some people don’t need a $500 powerhouse. They are fine with their 1080p TVs

Im going to need them to start talking about One X trade in values now seeing where its still priced at the moment.

if that $300 one is next gen, ill cop

I don't need discs, im not a big gamer.

all day

I'm in at 300. If I can get a good trade in on my two other Xboxes I'll cop the 500 one.

Back
Top Bottom