Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 129 78.7%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
My samsung automatically switches to game mode when I turn on my SX, never did that with my one x It does look great though so I can't complain.

838F42D0-D696-42DF-A033-4DB35D1A41EA.jpeg

finally broke that 2.0 KD in Cold War. Skill based matchmaking ain’t got **** on me!!!!!
Nice. I’m sitting at a 1.5 right now.

I might be in the minority but I hate HDR for gaming

depends on ur settings. Depending on ur tv you may Want to see a calibration guide or video. Also HDR cranks up brightness.Especially with Sony. Which can make blacks look like ish. Adjust the brightness Down when on HDR as well as the gamma levels.

Debating on getting the AC bundle has Valhalla, Odyssey and Origins for $80 or just getting Valhalla straight up

depends on ur settings. Depending on ur tv you may Want to see a calibration guide or video. Also HDR cranks up brightness.Especially with Sony. Which can make blacks look like ish. Adjust the brightness Down when on HDR as well as the gamma levels.
I noticed the other day in Warzone that it's a little bright and washed out. Will have to fiddle with my settings after work.

I noticed the other day in Warzone that it's a little bright and washed out. Will have to fiddle with my settings after work.
I would look up one of those calibration videos on youtube. I did that with my tv and one x and it came out great.

yep I’m currently on Sony xbr850d and they look washed I’ll play with it some more

I would look up one of those calibration videos on youtube. I did that with my tv and one x and it came out great.
Yeah I'll have to check one of those out. I used the HDR calibration within the Xbox settings but it's definitely a little too washed out.

yep I’m currently on Sony xbr850d and they look washed I’ll play with it some more

def with Sony on Xbox bdown the brightness to about a 11 especially if ur room gets a mix of light.

lots of people assume a tv should be bright cause the displays be bright with a lot of colors to get ur attention.

for home viewing brightness should be tone down or else you can fatigue ur eyes and get horrible blacks.

but yea set the tv based on a guide. That’s what i did.

then go to tv calibration with the Xbox after

then hdr calibration. Should be small tweaks. I learned that with the eyeball tuning thing with blacks. Adjusting the gamma helped. I used 1 or 2 cannot remember but HDR can cause this thing where blacks overtake an image and everything looks super dark. (Black crush is what I think it is) adjusting the gamma during calibration should help.

brightness doesn’t really effect image just makes everything annoying.

I used these settings from my Xbox and carried them over to my PS5. GoT looked horrible at night (black crush). After adjustments of the HDR boom amazing quality.

Xbox has better calibration tools IMO

Also bright HDR when streaming movies off it is horrible. So definitely turn that brightness down when it’s enabled.

I find my ATT tv with HDR enabled gave better quality then I notice that it dims the back light automatically.

Xbox doesn’t communicate well with Sony TVs. My next tv will be an LG or Samsung.

I feel Sony hinders Xbox on purpose.

Tinfoil hat off

Back
Top Bottom