OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

Kid Hollywoods were an ID contest... Those were the winner and Kobe, Derek Fisher, Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown, and I beleive another Laker or two wore em as well... They were all IDs.

Yeah I knew they were an id contest, I just thought I remembered there being some non-id released pairs too... super clean in person.. love the silver with the yellow hits...

what's a reasonable price or trade for a pair of Da Vinci's?
Hard to even say honestly. There were only about 20 pairs or so released to the public when they did the Montalban event, so they're about as rare as it gets. But, not a whole lot of people really know about them unless you're a real Kobe head, and hype surrounding Kobes/Nike bball shoes wasn't as much back then. If they released today where everything is hyped as hell, it'd probably be 1000+ easily given how rare they are, but I remember watching a couple pairs that went for 300-400 on eBay not too long after they were released. Based off rarity they should be going for more than any other colorway besides PEs, so at least 400-500+, if not more, depending on whether the seller/trader knows what he has.

Last edited:
Davincis fetch around 400-500.... Don't get caught up in the hype just because they're limited. IMO there's plenty of other pairs that **** all over the Davincis, and are easier and cheaper to get.

If I remember correctly, only sz 10s and 14 released at the montalban when they dropped? Wasn't size run, or consistent sizes I know that for sure.

Da Vincis aren't worth the extra money IMO cuz I simply like plenty of other colorways more that are cheaper/easier to get. I guess for collectors it's cool to have something barely anyone else has though.

No idea what the story is on which sizes were released. I vaguely remember 17 pairs released or something like that at the Montalban. I do remember some dude a good while back found a pair at an outlet or something crazy like that. He could've easily been trolling, but if it was true, I guess there are more random pairs floating around.

^ The shirt is from The Forest Lab.

Wore these today.

I also agree with you guys about the 8's. They performance may end up being better, but as far as an overall shoe and colorways go they've still got a long way to go.

One of my favorite V's

Away 5s = best Lakers away CW. IMO
The Aways are definitely up there. I think you'd also have to put the Carpe Diem IVs, Gradient Away IVs, and maybe the Venoms in there (kinda hard to include them cuz they were so damn rare), but it's probably those 3-4 in some order.

Damn this shoe had too many classic CWs. I can never decide if DKs or Chaos are my favorite.

Inlines were such a clean "general" CW!!

^^ saying this in a Kobe V thread?? I remember I was working in footlocker when the V's came out and so many got returned! Most were splitting along the midsole near the outrigger. . I had a pair of away split.. Anybody had such dramas?

As far as the DaVinci discussion. I agree with others on that. There are much better CWs for 1/5 of the price of DaVincis. I like Miles, Aways and inlines more than DaVincis but just depends on what you like and if you're willing to pay that ticket for them.

^Inline Vs were pretty awesome. Loved the scales on the upper and the iridescent type of effect they had.

yes, i have seen that happening on my own pair and my friend's.
the outrigger part is relatively easy to split and the outer skin got ripped open when being stepped on.
never the less, i still love each one of my six pairs, and would love to get more if the price is right.

Back
Top Bottom