* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

The fact that Miller is out for so long will probably benefit the Heat. Instead of having all kinds of pressure on them not to lose, they can play loose and gel together.

@STEIN_LINE_HQ Just filed to ESPN.com: Blazers reach agreement on trade to send G Jerryd Bayless to New Orleans for future first-round pick. Link on way
Bayless set free.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

@STEIN_LINE_HQ Just filed to ESPN.com: Blazers reach agreement on trade to send G Jerryd Bayless to New Orleans for future first-round pick. Link on way
Bayless set free.
pimp.gif

eek.gif
 game changer for NO

what exactly is mike miller's injury? and stackhouse will be a great addition now that miller went down...

Great trade for Portland, considering it's NO's 2011 1st rder.

Yes, Bayless is talented, but the Blazers could very easily end up with a lotto pick for him.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Great trade for Portland, considering it's NO's 2011 1st rder.

Yes, Bayless is talented, but the Blazers could very easily end up with a lotto pick for him.

Good trade for both teams. Bayless was a lotto pick and they didn't need him nor do they need another one.

CP
Bayless
Ariza
West
Okafor

Solid.
undersized as hell though.

Damn, son.

If you're all about shopping that pick, there probably could have been a better return, though. Especially considering there is zero post depth.

Okafor/Gray/Mbenga
West/Smith/Mensah-Bonsu
Ariza/Stojakovic/Pondexter
Belinelli/Thornton/Green
Paul/Bayless

?

Bayless is legit, but he's too small.

They wanted someone to come off the bench and give them a spark, that's what Thornton was for.

Now that I think about it, this probably has a lot to do with concern over Willie Green playing lead guard off the bench. I know I feel better with the thought of Bayless doing that (more to do with Green's inability than Bayless' ability).

I still think Belinelli will start, regardless.

I just wish the best big off the bench wasn't Aaron Gray. Hell, it might be Pops.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yeah I just watched it, hell of a pass by Kidd. Houston should have been prepared and kept more guys by the hoop, a tip in is much more likely than a Derek Fisher .4 quick shot.
Houston has got to be upset they completed that play, even in the preseason.
Kidd.
pimp.gif

It is weird to think that with all the !@+* Spanish Fernandez has been talking, Bayless gets sent out for a first round pick before he does.

Also, I think the Blazers could have put Jerryd's talents and production to use much better than getting a top seven protected pick in return. At least for now.

Surprise Bayless gets shipped out before Rudy. I still think Rudy will be traded. I was watching either ESPN or the Portlands preview on NBATV and they was talking about maybe Portland just waives him, since he has no trade value. Is the Knicks the only team interested in him?

Bayless is about to get a lot of minutes in NO. Most Improved?

Originally Posted by BangDak

Knicks arent even interested in Rudy anymore
laugh.gif

Didn't know that. I haven't being paying attention that close to news about Rudy really. Just going by what I remembered hearing last.

They wanted someone to come off the bench and give them a spark, that's what Thornton was for.

Marcus Thorton was ice cold this entire preaseason and as far as I am concerned he is the dog house. I mean the dude wasn't even the first guard off the bench in the last few games.  It was obvious he needs a PG to create for him and Willie Green isn't doing that also with Marco strong play there is no way he was getting pushed into the Starting position.
I just wish the best big off the bench wasn't Aaron Gray. Hell, it might be Pops.

Mbenga, Smith and Pops have outplayed Gray this entire preseason what have you been watching?

Makes them trading away Craig Brackins that much more puzzling.

No it doesn't. Brackins was a reach at that selection and was done by the old regime (Bower) they obviously had the summer league and practice to see he was not in there plans. Again I don't know if you were watching any preaseason games but Jason Smith played very well for us. He is weak bodied but he isn't soft he chases down every board, has a great mid range J and he is also a hustler.

Bayless is about to get a lot of minutes in NO. Most Improved?

Nah, I think Marco B is getting that title (like it really matters though)

But me personally I am very happy that they are recreating this Hornets team. Yes it will take a lot of work for them to compete but IMO they are headed into the right direction. Barring injuries this should be a fun team to watch for me.

Mbenga, Smith and Pops have outplayed Gray this entire preseason what have you been watching?
So that means they're better players? No.

The bottom line is, neither of us should have much confidence in any of them.

Damn it, damn it, damn it! Why couldnt Rudy have been shipped out instead?! *sigh* Wonder if Mills is ready to play backup after playing all of 30 minutes last year?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

So that means they're better players? No.

The bottom line is, neither of us should have much confidence in any of them.

Aaron Gray is better than Jason Smith

laugh.gif

And yes I do believe each of them are better players than that bum. I am not saying they are going to put up astounding stats but this is a frontline that is better than the past ones we have I mean this isn't Marks/Ely/Armstrong

Honestly what type of moves do you expect? A four team deal that nets us D12 and Melo?

glass-half-full.jpg

Half full not half empty

Back
Top Bottom