OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

$220 was what you fools paid for grs when rsvp and raffles started. Wait it out im sure you'll find them on discount at an outlet.

same people don't bat an eye to adidas roshe/presto rips for $120+
I've never participated in a raffle, nor paid over retail for a retro III. I've been gone a long time when it comes to JB.

I hope these do make it to outlet stores at a fair price.

This is the shoe that ehould have brought me back to JB, but I just can't justify paying the retail price for these since I grew up paying the OG prices.

I'll enjoy seeing them on people's feet since I've had them 3 times over already.

If you factor in inflation you probably are not paying a ton over OG prices

OMG BROS, the height of the elephant print on my left shoe doesn't match the right shoe. Let me call Nike and try and get a 15% voucher.

I get complaining about leather or paint job, but some of you sound ridiculous.

Having said that, my pair is flawless and I'm satisfied.

Why would JB pay for Nike Branding when Nike owns JB? I'm curious to know how that works. I honestly think it's just to charge a premium

It's just an internet rumor. It's never been confirmed or proven to be true.

Excellent review. One thing that piqued my attention was the comment about JB having to pay Nike a licensing fee to use the "Nike Air". Since JB is a part of Nike they wouldn't need to pay a licensing fee.

I actually first heard of it from Nightwing awhile back. Along with "remastering" came with price hikes. In particular a higher premium for Nike Air branding. I'm not actually confirming the reason as so but it seems to be along the lines of why Nike Air is charged more than a Jumpman these days.

2011's were not that great imo compared to my 2009 version. The bad thing about my 09 pair was the constant paint chipping due to the paper thin coat of paint. Finally strip the paint off during the summer and did a new coat along with a 'Nike Air' conversion to the back tabs. Went to the mall to see if any unclaimed pairs available and had my size available. Scooped them with military advantage discount and order another off ndc. I'm content with how they came out but wish the Nike Air on the back was thicker like the 94 and 01 retros. Minor issue but not a deal breaker.

Why would JB pay for Nike Branding when Nike owns JB? I'm curious to know how that works. I honestly think it's just to charge a premium

That's something Nike & Jordan Brand should confirm but I don't know contractually if there was something that divided there when JB became its own entity in 1997. Who knows?

OMG BROS, the height of the elephant print on my left shoe doesn't match the right shoe. Let me call Nike and try and get a 15% voucher.

I get complaining about leather or paint job, but some of you sound ridiculous.

Having said that, my pair is flawless and I'm satisfied.
Why would you or any consumer care about somebody getting over on Big Bad Nike ?  F Nike and theirr bottom line. Nike will be ok

Huh, you know, I never knew that was an ES in Memphis. It absolutely makes sense since the warehouses are there though ... Learn something new everyday. Curious if Asics has an ES there, too? I used to have an Asics Tiger hookup but for some reason, I can't access the site, yet regular Asics that I never buy from still works. Go figure. 
Yep, I think the ES has moved from Shelby drive to the new location.  I haven't been there since it moved.

I usually get hooked up with a pass from time to time.  But I have a friend that works Law Enforcement in Memphis and she goes often.  So she usually makes a run for me.
We talking Asics or Nike? lol. I need to make a trip to one of the company stores one of these fine days.  BTW, how did you become a 'Canes fan in TN(I swear I asked you before, but I forgot)

Go 'Noles, too!! 
nthat.gif

I don't get the inflation line everyone uses. If back in 2000 a Civic ran you about 15k and they Remade the EXACT same car this year would you pay the inflated price(21k)for it?

I hear you, boss. Telling "fools" how to spend their bread.

I could care less what you and the like do what your money. The *****ing and whining needs to stop. Buy, or don't buy. Easy.

I've never participated in a raffle, nor paid over retail for a retro III. I've been gone a long time when it comes to JB.

I hope these do make it to outlet stores at a fair price

They will. As early as next week, if you catch them on hash from returns.

This new NT is full of children, adults who act like children and they all cry and complain about everything like the price was announced on RD.

I don't get the inflation line everyone uses. If back in 2000 a Civic ran you about 15k and they Remade the EXACT same car this year would you pay the inflated price(21k)for it?

Ugh yea that's the point of inflation... lol

I don't know why some of you havin a hard time looking for these. It's 9:00 pm pacific time here in cali, walked in the mall, passed by couple of stores and every stores still have them

I must be lucky my pair came out pretty perfect. Didn't even line-up or anything I just walked into FTL @ noon and the pairs were sitting.

BM5s have the best quality and workmanship and WC4s have the best materials but these TB3s have the best insoles. It seems like they are high density foam and not the cheap foam like with the WC4s and BM5s.

WC4, BM5, TB3, along with my Air Command Force all have very similar construction once you take out the insoles to inspect. As usual I would take out the stupid masking tape and trim off the 4 thick threads from the stitched toe. No stupid glue to remove also with the TB3s.

Maroon 6s are garbage made inside and out in comparison.

Last edited:
2011's were not that great imo compared to my 2009 version. The bad thing about my 09 pair was the constant paint chipping due to the paper thin coat of paint. Finally strip the paint off during the summer and did a new coat along with a 'Nike Air' conversion to the back tabs. Went to the mall to see if any unclaimed pairs available and had my size available. Scooped them with military advantage discount and order another off ndc. I'm content with how they came out but wish the Nike Air on the back was thicker like the 94 and 01 retros. Minor issue but not a deal breaker.
​Agreed 100%, its kinda funny reading all the praise in here for the 2011s. The leather was much nicer on my 2009 pair, and they were also more comfortable than the 2011s.  I wound up selling my 2011s for those two reasons.

I could care less what you and the like do what your money. The *****ing and whining needs to stop. Buy, or don't buy. Easy.
They will. As early as next week, if you catch them on hash from returns.

This new NT is full of children, adults who act like children and they all cry and complain about everything like the price was announced on RD.

People pay resell, anywhere from $50-$200 more when they sell out, Nike make them easy to get but charge $190-$220 MSRP and people cry about the price. It's beginning to be pretty damn redundant

NT ... the place where no one is ever happy.
laugh.gif
 Damned if you do, damned if you don't lol. Only time people seem remotely satisfied is if they get a pair of Yeezy's or some other rare gem. Most of the time it's just to boast. Then when they strike out on the next release, they cry themselves a river or say the system is rigged. A lot of us are complaining about the price, and to a degree, rightly so, but some of you guys would be the same ones complaining that JB didn't make enough or how they're getting raked over the coals by a reseller. Hell, at least stores let you use coupons, military discounts, etc. I've personally never met any resellers allowing coupons haha. I can see some of these same people whining about the price clamoring to pay $275 from some dirtbag that wiped half a store's inventory lol. All said, just rinse and repeat till the next release.  Additionally, if some of you think the prior release are so much better, now is an opportune time to grab those older pairs at decent prices since the market is flooded.

BTW, this isn't directed at any one person, just a generalized statement. As someone stated earlier, there's been more *****ing, than talk/pics of the actual shoes. 
Snkrs app seems to be adding sizes. I notice before 7.5-10 were sold out now available

Last edited:
240 today + 175 Monday and 207 Friday then another 240 next week. Some people just don't got it.

Most used line today at my store when trying to sell these 3s "I'm waiting for those 11s"

even if they made newer versions of the civic for around the same price?

Well if the older civic was highly sought after then sure. They can't sell at the prices from 1988 because the entire production line cost more (materials, facility, workers). Sure they may still jack the price up like $20-$60. Only point in making is that the OG in 88 might have been like $90-$100 (guessing) so it's not fair for people to just compare box prices without accounting for inflation.

Impulse ordered a size 12 at an Irish bar before the knicks game on snkrs. This was around 530 eastern.

Glad I didn't cop these joints from all the comments. Now just can focus on these 11s

People pay resell, anywhere from $50-$200 more when they sell out, Nike make them easy to get but charge $190-$220 MSRP and people cry about the price. It's beginning to be pretty damn redundant

That's was nikes intent. The whole "remastered" thing was thought up in a focus group on how to kill resellers and atc. They made a story to justify the price and everyone bit.

I don't pay full price so it doesn't bother me but $220 was everyone's "steal" price a couple years back.

NTers will complain about the paper inside the shoe for the sake of argument.

Jordan's not forcing anyone to buy anything.

Scour outlets, and pay $100 or less for retros

Glad I didn't cop these joints from all the comments. Now just can focus on these 11s

They're gonna complain. Bet on it. God forbid the patent has glue stains. Or a lose thread on the mesh. End of the world for some of NTs divas

Back
Top Bottom