OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

At people are guaranteed good leather on 1s :D

I wonder what next year's black Friday gimmick will be

240 today + 175 Monday and 207 Friday then another 240 next week. Some people just don't got it.

Most used line today at my store when trying to sell these 3s "I'm waiting for those 11s"
Then when the 11s are abundant, they will complain about the patent leather cut or the '45'

That size 10 looks like a 15. 8.5 is always the show size that looks appealing. So how is the sizing. I tried a 9.5 and it felt good. But the 10 felt rommier.

Lol, that inflation line is B.S. From 1988 to 2003 all those Jordan 3's retailed at 99.99. Then from 2003-2016 the price of a Jordan 3 jumps to 220?! [emoji]128514[/emoji]
not to mention the fact that there are two different prices for Jordan 3s right now, $190 for regular and 220 for Nike air.

pretty sure i just got a "bad" pair. either, they going back. if i have to sift through pairs to find a decent 1 that's what i'll do.

Fam and I were talking about these last night and why the 01s had the jumpman instead of the na like the other 3s in that run and my cousin believes the tbs got the jumpman because Mike played for the wizards and wanted his brand represented instead of nike. Didn't those retro before he came outta retirement? Was heavily intoxicated and didn't wanna do the research at the time haha never heard this theory before. Anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Last edited:
Fam and I were talking about these last night and why the 01s had the jumpman instead of the na like the other 3s in that run and my cousin believes the tbs got the jumpman because Mike played for the wizards and wanted his brand represented instead of nike. Didn't those retro before he came outta retirement? Was heavily intoxicated and didn't wanna do the research at the time haha never heard this theory before. Anyone know if there's any truth to this?

cuz might have read that right here on nt

Maybe, he's the one who put me on too nt but I know he's never on here. So there's truth to that? Everytime I see it brought up here seems people don't know why nike/jb didn't gave tbs na treatment in '01

Last edited:
All these pics got me hyped for when my pairs come in.

I went to pick up my girlfriends gs pair and we were both satisfied with them.

Was also able to see cyber monday 3s and quality was super nice on those. That being said still would prefer these true blues all day everyday, been wanting them for more then 10yrs. Happy these were easy to pick up.

So is this none matching height on the elephant print on the back of the left shoe and the right shoe the most common quality issue on this?? I got that issue on my pair. It's not horrible but it is noticeable.

We talking Asics or Nike? lol. I need to make a trip to one of the company stores one of these fine days.  BTW, how did you become a 'Canes fan in TN(I swear I asked you before, but I forgot)

Go 'Noles, too!! 
nthat.gif
We talking about Nike!

And yeah we had that discussion about my Canes already 
wink.gif

Lol, that inflation line is B.S. From 1988 to 2003 all those Jordan 3's retailed at 99.99. Then from 2003-2016 the price of a Jordan 3 jumps to 220?! [emoji]128514[/emoji]
This is what I was getting at. These price hikes don't make any sense to me. Unless we get into supply/demand. Price increases because of the inflating value of $ is BS with these retros. Especially when the same brand offers more up to date product for the same price if not less. We're part of a very small category of consumers that are willing to pay more for an outdated item. If they can make the 31 $185, the version of that model 28yrs its senior REPRODUCED should not cost 220 due to inflation.

I know this is out of topic but what's the price range for the 88 white cement 3s or white cements in a size 10

I can't believe I'm hearing people say they prefer the 2011 retro over the remastered. Imo the 2011 tb might be the worst retro jb has ever given us. Shape, materials, ep... looking at my pair idk why I still own them! I absolutely love my 2013 fire reds and love my sports blues from a couple years ago.

my pair came in today and im satisfied with them

just curious, this is my first 3 and i find the shoe box really filmsy compared to say the 4s and 5s, all 3s come in this kind of box?

glad everyone who wanted got a pair, onto the next release

Nostalgia tells me to pull the trigger , my responsible side says pass. Last shoes I bought were the play off 12s when they drop several years ago. But these keep calling my name :lol:

I can't believe I'm hearing people say they prefer the 2011 retro over the remastered. Imo the 2011 tb might be the worst retro jb has ever given us. Shape, materials, ep... looking at my pair idk why I still own them! I absolutely love my 2013 fire reds and love my sports blues from a couple years ago.

Unless you've never owned a pair you won't understand. These are the holy grails of terrible quality... Even at $115 in 2006 :x

View media item 2240938

Last edited:
Nostalgia tells me to pull the trigger , my responsible side says pass. Last shoes I bought were the play off 12s when they drop several years ago. But these keep calling my name :lol:

Last shoes you bought were in 2012?? Pull the trigger man! :lol:

Patiently waiting for my pair to come in :D

Last edited:

My friend was in the same boat as you. Hes older then me and has all the older retros and hasnt bought any in years. He said these were his favorite jordan ever and was happy I showed him how to use all the new apps.

Its your call on if you want to buy them but imo better to buy and be able to return then miss out and regret not copping.

Back
Top Bottom