Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So the reason for me not watching Hot fuzz was because I didn't like Sean of the Dead all that much when it came out. I was also 17 years old at the time and probably just didn't get it.

So Sean of the Dead is just as good/maybe better? I didn't even know about Worlds End until reading up on Hot Fuzz. I should watch that too yes?

If you like the Zombie genre Shaun of the Dead is great.

The World's End is great if you like the Apocalyptic genre. His movies tend to focus on the tropes and easter eggs of certain movie genres.

I like Hot Fuzz a little better because I like the cop/buddy comedy genre a bit more.. compared to horror in Shaun of the Dead.

I think World's End is really good too, but clearly the 3rd best of the trilogy. 

laugh.gif
 Uptempo Kid beat me to it.. I think your preferred genre might determine your favorite of the 3. 

Last edited:
I was about to ask somebody remind me what Hot Fuzz was again but reading other posts let me know I was right it's the movie about those British blokes, the fat guy and the nerdy guy that's also in Star Trek.

The movie was good. Funny. I caught the call backs but it didn't amaze me.

Masterpiece seems like a leap.

free state of jones looks good but that damn trailer gives away too much of the movie. i hate that crap.

mr. right looks like an awesome date night movie for me and the wife.
Gives away too much of what?

It's a movie about poor farmers and runaway slaves in the south who deserted from the confederacy fighting the confederacy. Aint no huge plot twist or action scene to give away :lol:

like the scene where dude pops outta the coffin and everyone comes out from underneath the church. unless they show them planning that part in the movie, it's kind of a spoiler. i just don't like trailers that are too much of a mini version of the whole movie because one of the worst ones that come to mind is when bane blows up the football field in the dark knight rises. that scene would have been much more dramatic had it not been shown in the trailer. i might be in the minority, but i prefer minimal hints of the movie in the trailer. i understand that they need to hype it to sell the movie though.

^ Nah, I'm in agreeance with you when it comes to movie trailers...

Just show me enough to get my **** wet, nah mean?

Last edited:
Blondes tease, Brunettes please gentlemen.

Anyway I saw the trailer for Free State of Jones and thought it was in reference to Jim Jones' cult of Jonestown in the 90s. Watched the trailer and was corrected obviously. Then continued to think that Matt Mc could fill that role as well and don't think it would've been bad at all lol

like the scene where dude pops outta the coffin and everyone comes out from underneath the church. unless they show them planning that part in the movie, it's kind of a spoiler. i just don't like trailers that are too much of a mini version of the whole movie because one of the worst ones that come to mind is when bane blows up the football field in the dark knight rises. that scene would have been much more dramatic had it not been shown in the trailer. i might be in the minority, but i prefer minimal hints of the movie in the trailer. i understand that they need to hype it to sell the movie though.
Ok I get you a bit more now.

I just assumed there'd be more stuff like that in the movie. I see that as the little action that grips ppl that are really in to action.

Might be different for me cuz I don't watch a lot of trailers like that. I pretty much choose to. Plus I don't mind being spoiled.

Browsing through netflix and saw there's an netfix original show with andy samberg in it that has 3 seasons called ****oo. WTH? So weird.

All of the shows exclusive to the streaming sight can still be found elsewhere. Same for movies and other long ended shows they have the seasons to.

Yeah I don't think anyone whose computer/internet savvy is too afraid of streaming prices sky rocketing.

If prices get too absurd, we're all resourceful enough to watch the shows without streaming services. I'm sure they know that too.

Imagine if they're all streaming, agreeing to cut out the middle man (Comcast, cable services) essentially which is what the streaming device becomes. There's a mad dash for catalogs of shows right now... just saying.

Those channels, Universal, Buzzr, etc. would then be forced to survive on their own. Except they're not on their own. A lot of the ones you just fly past on your cable subscription are filling spaces while they're a part of one whole of 4-5 channels and one will be like FX and that keeps all 4-5 on the air.

The incentive to continue to have the 4-5 channels as they're currently being deployed on cable is tied into how well those networks are being utilized, capitalizing on opportunities with original content that just takes over. In 2016, some of these types of channels are still sitting there, dormant, others pop up with original programming/TV and then quickly fade to the background. And they can still have that canvas for creating something off-beat on a streaming service bundle of their own in this hypothetical branch-off.

Zik - you're right, the streaming shows are put out there among the non-streaming shows for everyone to get at, but with how TV evolved as a collective entity from 1996-2016, I think in 2036 they may have software algorithms that'll be conducive to streaming rather than the cable-box devices that people will rip most shows from that get uploaded. I think we're not long away from them being able to prevent all the means of extracting 1080p footage that are in use in the present-day.

Last edited:
Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane tonight and I really enjoyed it. There's some lull moments and some WTFs but overall I thought it was good.

anyone binge season 4 house of cards yet? i was wondering if it was a must watch or take my time and watch when i'm bored. i liked season 1. i thought seasons 2-3 were ok. that show makes me hungry for ribs.

can't fricken wait for silicon valley to come back on.

S4 of HoC is ******* great imo. If you didn't like S3 as much it definitely bounces back. If you liked it well it just gets better.

Frank and Claire are just as wild going against each other as they are a team.

Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane tonight and I really enjoyed it. There's some lull moments and some WTFs but overall I thought it was good.

Haven't checked it out, but the point-of-view in the Cloverfield universe of: Can't trust the knowledge you have when you woke up there. 'Am I being held captive or is it really what they're saying? Probably captive and not actually [Cloverfield reveal]" VS. Does J Goodman screws up cuz saving her/she might end them all :lol:

For me HOC's fallen and can't get up. Kate Mara.

Kinda dece.

But I struggled to get out of the first two eps of S3 and haven't gone back. If it weren't for Underwood's arc I probably would've stopped in S2 they Jared Fogle'd their way to me dippin out. Zoe :smokin

I've heard only good things about S4.

Last edited:

Would one need to see the first before going? My girl saying she hasn't seen the first one but I am like just come.

I know they've said 10 Cloverfield Lane is unrelated but I'm hoping for at least a little tie-in. I can appreciate the whole Twilight Zone franchise style but I just want some type of nugget in there re: Cloverfield.

Goodman's character works for the same company that owns Slusho from the first one. There's some others, but I cant remember right now. Nothing too overt, just little easter eggs.

Back
Top Bottom