Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Got my reserved tickets for dunkirk tomorrow morning. Best seats left were the last row but it's row F which is the 6th row. Still surprised this fancy reclining seat theater has $7 tickets.

Breaking Bad S4 E4or5:

Been meaning to write at the end of season 3 but I was busy and the transition to the new NT I'd thought I'd wait.

So I semi cheated in my mission to watch the series with virgin eyes/opinions/reviews. Loving Gus and his Spanish being good out of curiosity I looked him up on IMDb. He has a star on the walk of fame lol. But he's Cuban descent.

Anyways he won small awards for Best TV villain. I haven't considered him a villain until reading that. Then the next episode he knifes his own man.

Being as he's now a villain to me I like the longevity of his appearances. Stolen the show as I never heard of him before (acting,mannerisms etc.). Walter and Gus are very much the same man. One just so happened to cross the illegal morality line sooner. And Walt only went given his circumstances. Digressing though, Gus' character lasting so long is different from other shows. Every season has a villain (referencing other shows). Dexter had his brother in S1, Trinity S3; Sons of Anarachy had White Supremacy S2, Cartel S4; Boardwalk Empire had Valentin Narcisse one season and the infamous Gip in another.

Vince Gilligan cared about the entirety of the story and not worried about "are we gonna film another season? fingers crossed" type of thing.

I forgot how a "great" show plays out. Character development and epiphanys they receive, pasts coming back (Marie bipolarization coming back?). I knew watching the Fly in the Lab episode that it was gonna be a boring yet very prolific episode. I've seen these before but the episode of Jesse having a continuous party was another one so I thought but the end of it revealing that he does not want to be alone at all out of immense fear was very applauding in writing on my side.

That's what I got out of BB right now contrasting to some other shows I've seen. If there are better shows to compare let me know but that's what I got. I can't say I'm "hooked" on the show yet or when in syndication what Season or episode the average person got "hooked". I have no one to talk BB about. Either they forgot about the show or said "oh my god you're just watching it now?!" And then just leave me alone lol.

/rant lol

Snowden 5.8/8

Better than I thought it'd be but still a bit clunky. Especially due to length. Follows in line with not being Stone's best work. Snowden lowkey seems like a simp and overall a guy with no real identity or strong sense of morals and values in coming to his decision.

JGL was good but I don't think the role was all that challenging for him. Sort of in his wheelhouse.

started watching Ozark on Netflix
pretty interesting so far
has some Breaking Bad influence to it

I'm probably seeing Spiderman again this weekend, and then I plan to see The Apes sequel next. After that though, whenever I get the chance I think I'll take my pops to see Dunkirk. I think that's the kind of movie he'd go for.

THe newest season of Dr Who was awesome. 9/10

Looking forward to the next season. Hopefully they can keep the quality going under the new showrunner, and it will be interesting to see how Jodie Whittaker portrays the 13th doctor

Loved Baby Driver. Edgar Wright has made some great movies man.

I grew up a huge Spider-man fan and was really happy with Homecoming too. My favorite Spider-man film and honestly one of my favorite Marvel outings. Over time might end up there with Ironman for me.

I knew absolutely nothing about RPO when I kept hearing the title but now I see its basically a big video game Tron/Matrix movie.

Pretty cool.

Not ruining the show for anyone, but I would of put my hands on both kids. I tell you to do something you don't it is going to be hell to pay.

Netflix really does a couple hits coming out this year and a couple duds. I am certainly looking forward to the Stranger Things season 2, Bright kind of ruined it for me in the trailer. A magic wand really.

Saw a few movies this week...

1. The Edge of Seventeen. My wife added it to the queue a while back and it just came in the mail. I was doing some work while she was watching, but I put all that aside and ended up watching the movie. It was really well done. Quality rental that really hits on some of the emotional problems that teens deal with when hit with adversity....and not to mention the fickleness of their friendships at times. 5.02/8

2. Miss Sloane. Went back in the netflix sleeve after 12 minutes. Zzzzzzz.

3. Sleepless - one of the worst movies I've seen this year. Jamie Foxx clubbed it at the BET awards, and for good reason. You can't even suspend your disbelief enough to enjoy this flick. It's utterly ridiculous from just about every aspect. Acting, directing, plot, etc. 0.2/8

People still wait for Netflix DVDs instead of just streaming the content?

Was wondering what the story of blight was going to be. That wand is like the sauron ring. People fighting for that precious.

dunkirk was pretty good. I would've preferred a whole movie about the pilots and the air force fighting though.

Back
Top Bottom