Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching it now, not impress...

Little slow and IMO nothing new. It was not done better either.

Something to watch perhaps, but dont go out your way to see.

Replicas? With Keanu?

Didn't they remake that awhile back with Bruce Willis?

Twilight Zone marathon on SyFy....

ABSOLUTELY...
As per usual 48 hours straight of pure sci-fi dopeness.

Pimp 5.7/8

Keke Palmer as a young ***** lesbian pimp pimping struggling for that come up.

Movie kept me engaged until the 3rd act. It was well written albeit a bit green in some parts.

Aunjanue Ellis killed it again in her role as the strung out former to addict mom. DMX as the father had a smaller role.

Vanessa Morgan was fine as ****.

Edi Gathegi has really grown as an actor. Really nailed how he approaches his villain and bad guy roles. Its crazy to me to see his growth when I first saw dude on House as a Mormon character. He's become a real good well rounded actor. Didnt have a lot to work with the character but he was menacing and a threat while not being too cliche or stereotypical.

Movies like this today you'd almost think they'd have a female empowerment or times up tone to it but this was pretty much a straight up movie. Had no problem treating these hookers as less than in story. Very dedicated to depicting the life.

Keke still looked in this but came off looking like Lupe Fiasco (w/ dreads) at times :lol: She played athe role well.

I regret going through the bandersnatch movie so many times

8/10 the first run through

I was having less and less fun the more I ran it back

Only exception was the Netflix endings.

Any shows y’all looking at that are about to start in Jan/Feb? True Detective of course but others?

Any shows y’all looking at that are about to start in Jan/Feb? True Detective of course but others?
Definitely can’t wait for the next installment of True Detectives. Geeked to see Mahershala Ali leading the next season. The moment I saw him on House Of Cards years ago, knew dude was going to be a star.

Looking forward to Stranger Things & the final installment of GoT. On the more mundane network route, I’m looking forward to seeing the final season of CBS’ Sherlock. I will truly miss seeing Lucy Lui’s fine *** every week.

Take my man card but I love This Is Us.... Crazy to think I grew up watching 30 Something in the 80s & that lead actor Ken Olin is a producer & director of rhat show.

Also Peaky Blinders, Mindhunters S2, & Homeland S8, Luther S5, & The Punisher S2.

Imma check out the new Don Cheadle show on Showtime Black Monday with Regina Hall’s fine ***...

Definitely can’t wait for the next installment of True Detectives. Geeked to see Mahershala Ali leading the next season. The moment I saw him on House Of Cards years ago, knew dude was going to be a star.

Looking forward to Stranger Things & the final installment of GoT.

On the more mundane network route, I’m looking forward to seeing the final season of CBS’ Sherlock. I will truly miss seeing Lucy Lui’s fine *** every week.

Take my man card but I love This Is Us.... Crazy to think I grew up watching 30 Something in the 80s & that lead actor Ken Olin from that show is a producer & director of this show.

Also Peaky Blinders, Mindhunters S2, & Homeland S8, Luther S5, & The Punisher S2.

Imma check out the new Don Cheadle show on Showtime Black Monday with Regina Hall’s fine ***...

Last edited:

Looking forward to Stranger Things & the final installment of GoT.

Mahershala is a star, I have no doubt it's going to be good, but I hope it doesn't fall on him if it's not or if it's not well-reviewed. Nobody really blamed Rachel McAdams, Colin Farrell, etc. when True Detective Season 2 failed, but more so the dry and uninteresting story arc caught those blows.

Glad I have until July 4th to catch up on both seasons of Stranger Things; simple task even if I were to start in June. Or, I can start to go through both seasons of Stranger Things in whatever month GOT actually ends.

Also was a big fan of The Punisher, but still have to go back and finish the first season.

Decided to watch Spiderman again instead of Aquaman. I just can't bring myself to watch Aquaman and I still don't know exactly why :lol:

Don't even worry about it...it's on its way to a $billion...

And no I'm not making that up....

I had no doubt it was going to make a lot of money but that's not something I really care about

I absolutely hated Avatar and that made a ton too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom