Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

have yall seen In Bruges?

Very solid movie... One of my favorite scenes in film... Writer Martin McDonagh did 3 films I really really like. This one which he also directed & also Seven Psychopaths & Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri... His tone & humor are evident in all 3 movies.

Definitely can’t wait for the next installment of True Detectives. Geeked to see Mahershala Ali leading the next season. The moment I saw him on House Of Cards years ago, knew dude was going to be a star.

Looking forward to Stranger Things & the final installment of GoT. On the more mundane network route, I’m looking forward to seeing the final season of CBS’ Sherlock. I will truly miss seeing Lucy Lui’s fine *** every week.

Also Peaky Blinders, Mindhunters S2, & Homeland S8, Luther S5, & The Punisher S2.

Imma check out the new Don Cheadle show on Showtime Black Monday with Regina Hall’s fine ***...
Concur on Homeland, wife and I use to love watching that show but had to take a break from Claire and her annoying face. We also were heavy into Sherlock but lost interest for some reason, perhaps they changed time slots or something.

Punisher also interested in since it will more than likely be last season on Netflix. True Detective no question, I even enjoyed the second season. I came to it late so I had already heard the negativity and didn't come in taking it to serious.

I am already setting the bar low for GoT being as it is only 6 episodes and I don't think episode length is changing. A lot to wrap up in only 6 episodes.

Decided to watch Spiderman again instead of Aquaman. I just can't bring myself to watch Aquaman and I still don't know exactly why :lol:
Because it is a DC movie, face it. I will never pay to see a DC movie again, unless it is the animated movies. How do you get those so right but the movies so wrong.

Because it is a DC movie, face it. I will never pay to see a DC movie again, unless it is the animated movies. How do you get those so right but the movies so wrong.
Aquaman wasn't bad..and this is coming from someone who hated the dceu movies so hard that I skipped suicide squad, and the justice league movie lol

Aquaman wasn't bad..and this is coming from someone who hated the dceu movies so hard that I skipped suicide squad, and the justice league movie lol
Ahh then perhaps I will like it because I enjoyed Suicide Squad. Wife paid for us to go see Justice League, because she is a huge Batman fan. Not Affleck Batman, Bale Batman. Also a Affleck fan. Weird she likes Affleck in horrible movies like Paycheck or Argo, but doesn't like his portrayal of Batman.

Did you just call Argo horrible?
Never seen it that is why I put the "or" I was lazy in my post and didn't want to break it out into another sentence. I am only really calling Paycheck horrible, I have heard positive on Argo though.

Wildlife_film_poster.jpg

Watched it last night, 5/8. Mulligan & Jake were solid, Carey moreso simply because she was in it more. The ending pulls at your heart.

Argo was ok... Affleck is best when he’s not taking much or playing a meat head roll. He’s a solid director though. The Accountant was the perfect role for him.

Disney+ Star Wars universe shows in development right now (Vulture):

Untitled Loki series
Stars and creators: The one and only Tom Hiddleston, baby! The handsome god of mischief has been lured to the small screen to reprise his role as Loki. Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios, is expected to take a “hands-on” role with the show’s development, too.

Premise: Your guess is as good as ours. Besides the press release confirming Hiddleston’s involvement, that’s all we know for now about the live-action series. There are also rumors that a Scarlet Witch series, starring Elizabeth Olsen, is in development, but Disney has yet to officially confirm its existence.

Premiere date: TBD.

The Mandalorian
Stars and creators: Unsurprisingly, actors generally tend to clamor around the opportunity to appear in a Star Wars--adjacent project. Who would’ve thought! Here we have Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Nick Nolte, Giancarlo Esposito, Carl Weathers, Emily Swallow, Omid Abtahi, and Werner Herzog confirmed (so far) for The Mandalorian. Jon Favreau, fresh from the final edits of his live-action Lion King, will also be executive producing and writing many of the episodes. And we also have a rotating slate of directors to look forward to: including Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa, and Taika Waititi. [Exhales.]

Premise: As the first live-action series in the Star Wars universe, the show is being teased as taking place after the fall of the Empire but before the rise of the First Order, and it will follow a “lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy.” (Pascal will be that gunfighter.) Favreau isn’t divulging much besides the log line, but he did confirm a fan-favorite character as a nice Christmas gift: IG-88, that cute lil’ bounty hunter who will kill you mercilessly.

Premiere date: TBD.

Cassian Andor
Stars and creators: Two Star Wars live-action shows for the price of one! Diego Luna will be reprising his role of Andor first introduced in Rogue One, with a supporting cast expected to be announced soon.

Premise: Described as a “rousing” spy thriller with a healthy side of espionage, Cassian Andor will follow our favorite rebel spy “during the formative years of the Rebellion and prior to the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.” All he wants to do is “restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire,” but that’s probably easier said than done.

Premiere date: TBD. (Sensing a pattern?)

There are others if you follow that link.

Disney+ Star Wars universe shows in development right now (Vulture):

There are others if you follow that link.
Curious if these are going to be the frontrunners for their new streaming service. Pushing fresh new content that is exclusive, I doubt they are going to only headline with DD, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and The Defenders.

Argo was ok... Affleck is best when he’s not taking much or playing a meat head roll. He’s a solid director though. The Accountant was the perfect role for him.

Loved Argo. Saw in the theater and watch it every New Year's Eve. One of my favs. Score is dope too

Watched Welcome to Marwen the other day. It was cringe af, I'd say 2.5/8. Carrel gave a decent performance but the movie was slow moving overall, lacked much character development, glossed over too many things and gave off some serious creeper vibes. Like I get that he liked women's shoes/clothes but they didn't really dig that deep and the Marwen world he created with the dolls was more of some fantasy world than anything that somewhat resembled his previous life before getting jumped and losing his memory.

Watched Welcome to Marwen the other day. It was cringe af, I'd say 2.5/8. Carrel gave a decent performance but the movie was slow moving overall, lacked much character development, glossed over too many things and gave off some serious creeper vibes. Like I get that he liked women's shoes/clothes but they didn't really dig that deep and the Marwen world he created with the dolls was more of some fantasy world than anything that somewhat resembled his previous life before getting jumped and losing his memory.
Hmmm I was wondering about that he was flirting with the woman in the trailer, but he had the women shoes by his bed. I was like I don't know about that movie.

Hmmm I was wondering about that he was flirting with the woman in the trailer, but he had the women shoes by his bed. I was like I don't know about that movie.
Yea i def don't recommend it. Basically he plays a cross dresser who got beaten to an inch of his life because he talked about it to some neo-nazis at a bar when he was drunk. Then he loses most of his memories before getting beat up and has a skewed view on reality. The Marwen world is like his escape but really just a way for him to live out a fantasy since he is scared of facing reality and anyone who looks remotely like a Nazi freaks him out.

Curious if these are going to be the frontrunners for their new streaming service. Pushing fresh new content that is exclusive, I doubt they are going to only headline with DD, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and The Defenders.

I would definitely watch a Loki series starring Tom Hiddleston, plus an off-shoot of Rogue One starring the main character from that (not Felicity Jones). The Loki one is for sure a solid headliner IMO.

Back
Top Bottom