Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I watched Us.

Get out was a way better movie and it's not even close.

Lupita is Bae. Dug her american accent.

5/8
Agreed with this rating. Lupita was amazing and Winston Duke seemed trapped in that corny dad character. Gonna see it again on Sunday and see if I can get some questions I have answered.

Us is deeper and got my mind racing and opens for conversation in a way Get Out just couldn't.

Us is so not a crowdpleaser. Legit told my gf during the credits, check RT. Bet it's 90%+ critics <50% audience. (Yurp)

Get Out is iconic, and pop glory. Us is brilliant, but such a weird blockbuster. Will be seeing it multiple more times.

It's like if Mother & Killing of a Sacred Deer had a baby.

Us is garbage. Fake deep allegory for supressing your true self to achieve the American Dream and how we all have more in common than we realize because of it. And the worst part about it is it isn’t even scary :smh:

It's like if Mother & Killing of a Sacred Deer had a baby.
Now this mix excited me. I really liked Killing of a Sacred Deer but was more so laughing @ Mother since it just became so ridiculous with what Aronofsky was clearly doing.

Going to see Us tomorrow... and Captive State.

This Elizabeth Holmes chick got some crazy eyes. I find it hard to look away. Not even finding her attractive but I can see with that look along with her deep voice how she swindled all of these investors and millionaires :lol:

Dont get me wrong though I'd skeet on her face though.

Not gonna make fun of a person that may have a stroke but there's one guy being interviewed here with half a beard :lol: No slur or limpness on his right side but son got half his face shaved talking normally.

Last edited:
The hood classic, Above the Rim was released in theaters 25 years ago today.

ATR-AD-ONESHEET-A.jpg

Captive State 4.8/8

Movie was cool. Had an interesting plot. I liked the way they tackled this sort of movie. It was just a tad bit slow and unevenly paced to keep my full attention.

These aliens looked like the ones from A Quiet Place.

I caught on to the twist in the end back when the firdt commissioner went down tonsee the legislators. It was interesting cuz the way it wws written it still didnt seem that was gonna happen. It was an impressive plan to pand a deadly blow.

Us 5.5/8

First off, that little girl DESERVED to be replaced. Ya mother tell you stay close and you go wandering off on the beach and in to scary mirror houses. So dumb.

The movie was cool though. Kept me entertained but it wasnt the scary or interesting. Wish Peels gave me a bit more abiut the experiment and the tethering, the plan, the whole process, the alleged shared soul. The twist wasn't much to talk about.

I remember an early spoiler or straight up description of the entire plot when it showed at some film Festival and itnwas pretty much spot on.

Movie was beautifully shot though.

Maybe its just me but the first quarter of 2019 has been mostly been uninteresting and sluggish. Especially compared to 2018 and 2017. I'm not looking for Oscar worthy joints but damn give me some excitement. Got maybe a handful of movies that made me even want to go to the movies.

I was about to dip but I see they got some Fandango early screening of Shazam I might sneak in to

Just watched Into the Spider-Verse. Easy 8/8. I put that ahead of Logan for my favorite Marvel movie. I really can't think of any negative with this film. It was visually stunning and the script/dialogue was witty. Also, the soundtrack was PERFECT for the film. This movie 100% deserved all the accolades it received.

A Star is Born 7/8. My wife really wanted to watch this so, I thought this would be a movie I checked out of early. Completely not the case. Yes, the plot was predictable, but the performances from everyone in this film is what carried the movie. Lady Gaga is a special talent, man. I'm having a hard time thinking of another singer/actress who could have pulled off this role in the same (or better) fashion. For Cooper's directorial debut, he did reaaaaaally good. The music was awesome. Solid film and like I said for Into the Spider-Verse, A Star is Born deserved all the accolades it received as well.

Last edited:
We need to do a Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon type thing like once a week. C CP1708 you proctor this. Pick an actor. We gotta connect them to Kevin bacon in the least amount of movies. Actors only, no directors.

Back
Top Bottom