Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So, 'Us' was a good ride. Probably some spoilers following, so bail now if you haven't seen yet. I'm finding it difficult to decide if I liked the big reveal at the end or not. It wasn't a surprise, but the degree to which I have to stretch my mind to figure out why OG didnt just try to find a way out, or to seek some personal revenge...; I mean, the slave rebellion is good for story purposes but it seems... off. To me. I feel like the movie didnt need to have the sort of swap it did. But, again, it pushed the mass invasion and im not sure how you justify the invasion without someone that knows the above-ground world. So, yeah, that's my only psuedo-complaint. Cant think of anything else that threw my off, or I disliked. Everyone was fantastic in their role, the pacing was perfect, and the camerawork is a step above Get Out's.

Solid 5.9/8. Would watch again, probably buy on sale.

Us (2nd viewing) 6/8 - Bumped up my rating slightly. Thoroughly enjoyed my 2nd viewing with more questions to ask and things that I'm fine one day never knowing.

Skylar Astin
Skylar Astin was in Pitch Perfect w/ Anna Kendrick.

Anna Kendrick was in End of Watch w/ Michael Peña.

Michael Peña was in American Hustle w/ Jennifer Lawrence.

Jlaw was in X-Men: First Class with...

9CC438AB-8A3D-4714-B86E-056EF71B088B.gif

Just watched Into the Spider-Verse. Easy 8/8. I put that ahead of Logan for my favorite Marvel movie. I really can't think of any negative with this film. It was visually stunning and the script/dialogue was witty. Also, the soundtrack was PERFECT for the film. This movie 100% deserved all the accolades it received.

A Star is Born 7/8. My wife really wanted to watch this so, I thought this would be a movie I checked out of early. Completely not the case. Yes, the plot was predictable, but the performances from everyone in this film is what carried the movie. Lady Gaga is a special talent, man. I'm having a hard time thinking of another singer/actress who could have pulled off this role in the same (or better) fashion. For Cooper's directorial debut, he did reaaaaaally good. The music was awesome. Solid film and like I said for Into the Spider-Verse, A Star is Born deserved all the accolades it received as well.
I bought it over the weekend and was going to watch it with my daughters but the moms got on my nerves and I just made it a Bond evening Saturday night.

Did anyone else see this trailer, this looks HORRIBLE. Camera is way to close taking away from the movie, average acting, the constant hinting that this isn't a TV show, also poor character choices for the film. No go back and try again because this just looks AWFUL.

Did anyone else see this trailer, this looks HORRIBLE. Camera is way to close taking away from the movie, average acting, the constant hinting that this isn't a TV show, also poor character choices for the film. No go back and try again because this just looks AWFUL.

It's not a real film. It's just a fan-made trailer. :lol:

The reviews for this movie are crazy mixed.
It's weird. I enjoyed it a lot, but I also went in expecting a mind trip after reading promo materials and stories (like the list of films Peele made the actors watch). Not to speak for anyone else in particular, but I could see how you'd be unhappy with the film if it wasn't what you were expecting (a survive-the-crazies horror slasher).

I'm watching Us again.

I give it a 7.5/8.

I'll go so far as to say, I'm not sure you can even rate this movie without seeing it twice, because so much as I thought, knowing what the movie would be would only change a bit, it changes something in you the next time.

This is too emotionally intelligent for it's own good almost. It's brilliant. It's painful and it's brilliant. The horror comes from thinking about your own life.

Just finished

MIRAGE (Nexflix)

I was entertained and I think is worth a look. The movie is very predictable, but still enjoyable.

Check it out and report

On Your Wedding Day reminds me of the Korean version of the break up (by Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston) except maybe, done a lot better

It's about a guy who gets invited to his ex's wedding. As the movie goes on, we get flashbacks about how they became friends, and then became lovers, and then broke up

I'm such a fan of Park Bo Young. She makes me wanna learn Korean just on the off chance I meet her one day so I can propose on sight.

8/8

On Your Wedding Day reminds me of the Korean version of the break up (by Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston) except maybe, done a lot better

It's about a guy who gets invited to his ex's wedding. As the movie goes on, we get flashbacks about how they became friends, and then became lovers, and then broke up

I'm such a fan of Park Bo Young. She makes me wanna learn Korean just on the off chance I meet her one day so I can propose on sight.

8/8
Is there an English Dub or just subtitles? Netflix?

BTW, I'm probably super late, but didnt know there was a remake of Friday the 13th

Is there an English Dub or just subtitles? Netflix?

BTW, I'm probably super late, but didnt know there was a remake of Friday the 13th
The full movie is available on youtube with English subtitles

I'd youtube on your wedding day English subs

It's not available anywhere else. Believe me I checked. I like to watch everything that she's in :lol:

It's weird. I enjoyed it a lot, but I also went in expecting a mind trip after reading promo materials and stories (like the list of films Peele made the actors watch). Not to speak for anyone else in particular, but I could see how you'd be unhappy with the film if it wasn't what you were expecting (a survive-the-crazies horror slasher).
The movie wasn't boring. I enjoyed Get Out a lot better.

Us was interesting to start, but then they kinda lost me around the middle and then it regrouped to have an interesting ending.

‘Asunda’ Drama Series Based On African Epic Fantasy Comics In The Works At HBO

niobe-sebastian-.jpg

Hyoung Taek Nam/ Tyler Shields

https://deadline.com/2019/03/asunda...tasy-comics-hbo-sebastian-a-jones-1202581186/

EXCLUSIVE: HBO has put in development Asunda, a drama series rooted in the namesake fantasy universe created by Sebastian A. Jones.

Co-written and executive produced by Jones, Asunda is set in the culturally rich but war-torn world of Asunda, where an orphan girl is born of two nations and raised in a small desert town. Hunted by all, she will search for her ancestors and the courage to bind them against an ancient enemy.

Mimi DiTrani also executive produces.

Asunda is inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth epics and Greek mythology and is similar in its settings to Westeros, the world in which the HBO hit series Game of Thrones is placed. It is published by Jones’ independent imprint, Stranger Comics, with Kickstarter campaigns helping along the way.

The epic history of Asunda has been chronicled in various “shared universe” titles published by Stranger Comics, among them Niobe, Dusu, Erathune and Essessa — all named for people or places in Asunda, which is a culturally diverse but war-battered world where magic and swords often determine the course of history.

The central-focus franchise face of theAsunda mythology to date has been Niobe Ayutami, an orphan girl born of two nations, conceived through violence and raised in Oasis, a tiny desert town. The character was introduced in The Untamed (with art by Peter Bergting), which was collected in graphic novel form in 2014. Niobe’s backstory: Her father was a king in a country that Jones modeled on England and Europe, while her mother was the kidnapped female chief of a nomadic tribe of elves who roam a jungle region that corresponds to West Africa. Hunted by all, Niobe will search for her ancestors and the courage to bind them against an ancient enemy. Her adventures have been chronicled in comics form in titles such as Niobe: She Is Lifeand Niobe: She Is Death.

Fred Toczek, JR McGinnis and WME brokered the deal with HBO.

Back
Top Bottom