Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I mean.....he came out of a massage parlor with a huge smile on his face.......iono. Being that it was Brady, and of course Kraft, I can see where some would raise an eyebrow.

That’s fair. Maybe because I knew the premise of the show going in, the Brady cameo made perfect sense to me in the context of the show and I didn’t think at all of Kraft.

Next pick for me is Sci-Fi.

It's actually a found footage film done well. Sci-fi with hints of superhero origins and drama. 4th appearance for MBJ in this draft and 2nd for Dane DeHaan. I thought this was a really dope movie. When I recommend it to people out and about, no one has ever heard about it unfortunately. I guess it flew a little bit under the radar and deserved more attention.

Chronicle (2012)

_M6YfW1tFa1r1rsw76pfiqXJjA_OUW7795mhY5KpMg0DWD8QDYbDaPBw9WmVpd21O7gA

For those of you who have checked out Living With Yourself, apparently there’s now controversy over the Tom Brady cameo.

I guess Patriot fans are freaking out and are suggesting the Tom Brady scene was making fun of Robert Kraft’s arrest situation. I honestly didn’t think about Kraft at all when I watched that scene. People are OK sensitive about some things.

Imagine being more upset over a joke instead of a billionaire getting handjobs from women being sexually trafficked. Couldn’t be me.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, The O-Neg Administration is requesting some changes before moving forward.

752ee97d-25a9-4346-882c-d63219d9e82b.gif

GET OUT is migrating from Horror/Thriller to Sci-Fi. Pray I don't alter things further.

89e63e18-3f61-4953-b85b-4eefb5e793de.gif

With my 8th pick I select...for Horror/Thriller: HEREDITARY

f93c6bc5-363b-455b-9d92-fb0f66dfe7df.gif

Legitimately one of the most skin-crawling films I've been unfortunate enough to experience, since it automatically brands images into your brain.

babe087d-a7af-493a-b205-ae9ae5fef015.gif

Real talk, this movie is actually terrifying. I didn't want to pick it for many rounds now, cuz I legit respect the fact that it's evil. It is actual ****ing evil. Choosing it is my deal with the devil. The most horrifying film of the decade.

fc156326-c40c-41b5-bb5b-bb90b6cd650e.gif

giphy.gif

mronegative mronegative already having selected the best horror movie of the decade.......then moving it so that you can draft the most terrifying movie maybe of all time for your horror slot.......

****ing brilliant. Danny Ainge/ Jerry West level GM moves. I can imagine that if trades were allowed in this draft, you would fleece the whole league

Due to unforeseen circumstances, The O-Neg Administration is requesting some changes before moving forward.

752ee97d-25a9-4346-882c-d63219d9e82b.gif

GET OUT is migrating from Horror/Thriller to Sci-Fi. Pray I don't alter things further.

89e63e18-3f61-4953-b85b-4eefb5e793de.gif

With my 8th pick I select...for Horror/Thriller: HEREDITARY

f93c6bc5-363b-455b-9d92-fb0f66dfe7df.gif

Legitimately one of the most skin-crawling films I've been unfortunate enough to experience, since it automatically brands images into your brain.

babe087d-a7af-493a-b205-ae9ae5fef015.gif

Real talk, this movie is actually terrifying. I didn't want to pick it for many rounds now, cuz I legit respect the fact that it's evil. It is actual ****ing evil. Choosing it is my deal with the devil. The most horrifying film of the decade.

fc156326-c40c-41b5-bb5b-bb90b6cd650e.gif
I see that past drafts were done the same way but I was going to suggest thrillers and horror be two separate categories.

I love thrillers/psychological thrillers so that was really deep for me for this draft. Even when I was disappointed yall snatched up a handful of my thrillers I was still pleased with my eventual pick.

Horrors though, I mostly dislike cuz they all seem so lame. I had 3 legit horror picks that I thoroughly enjoyed this entire decade/draft if I was forced to pick them. 2 of them were A Quiet Place and Hereditary. Both standouts of the decade for me. Hereditary is a real gem with where they took it. Had that weird looking girl, what they did to her that actually happened :smh: :x Movie was giving chills
How the hell did ALL THREE OF US have the same obscure movie on deck? :rofl:
NT raved about it.

Last edited:
You bring up a valid point.

IF, I'm saying IF, we did a true All Time draft, I'd want to clean up the categories a little. Maybe make it an even dozen, maybe get rid of utility and open it up a little, maybe have an animation, or separate Horror/Thriller like you said, maybe let go of Western (unless people truly do want it.)

Just thinking of how to make it a little easier on me. :lol: :rofl: (I'm just kidding, I'm fine with slotting where people want their films slotted)

Sports--
Drama--
Comedy--
Horror--
Crime--
Sci-Fi--
Action--
Western--
Comics--
Thriller--
Animated--
Musical--

Somethin like that. Or maybe lose Musical and make that Utility. Or wipe out Musical and Animated.
True Story category, or just use Utility and let people pick whatever. Iono, just thinkin of what would be best, considering we're talkin about 100+ years worth of movies for 10-12 people is like 120-144 films of all time. There would be zero shortages in any category.

Documentary should also be a category in my opinion.

EDIT: mronegative mronegative beat me to it. Again. :lol:

Also share Master Zik Master Zik sentiment that Horror/Thriller could be two categories. Horror reserved for the more supernatural films like Conjuring, The Exorcist etc. While thriller would include films like Se7evn, Silence of the Lambs type movies.

And I high-key think we should have a separate but equal :nerd: all-time comic book movie draft, cuz they're their own thing and weighing their value against regular films 90% of the time doesn't work imo.

Is that doin too much? I don't think so.

Edit: and by separate I mean, remove the comics section and ban superhero movies from any future drafts

Last edited:
Just saying if we are adding animation then that changes my final pick strategies a lot...

Yall better get this settled now or I'm holding this **** up for months

Comic Book movie draft I'd have no place in. I'd be like the chick who wants to be in her husband's fantasy football league.

Back
Top Bottom