Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

danger style danger style thinking the categories are changing mid draft

mr-robot-subway-3.gif

C CP1708 if you expand the participants for an all time draft, I want in if possible

We're gonna be done with this one in about 2-3 days. After that, I will see if there is any true/real interest in doing another, even larger scale one.

10-12 owners, 12 movies each. 12 rounds, 144ish picks, thousands to choose from, so we could even go up to 12-14 owners maybe, I just get scared about gaps, people MIA etc.

But you've done these with us before, I will certainly find a slot for you.

I'm just suggesting a supplemental 2-round documentary and animated film only addition to the draft :lol:

That's why I wanted to wait til we got the 10 rounds in

C CP1708 not to bombard you will all-time talk, but I’m only participating in something all-time if it’s STRICTLY by genre. No way I could narrow down an all time anything goes draft :lol:

C CP1708 not to bombard you will all-time talk, but I’m only participating in something all-time if it’s STRICTLY by genre. No way I could narrow down an all time anything goes draft :lol:

I'm not following, what do you mean? We'd still have categories like we have now, but it would be by all decades, so you could have Godfather followed by Avengers Infinity War, if that makes sense.

I'm not following, what do you mean? We'd still have categories like we have now, but it would be by all decades, so you could have Godfather followed by Avengers Infinity War, if that makes sense.

Like if we could only do 1 genre at a time. Any time period but sticking to 1 genre. That’s the only way I can participate. I can’t handle being able to choose between 10,000 movies :lol:

Like if we could only do 1 genre at a time. Any time period but sticking to 1 genre. That’s the only way I can participate. I can’t handle being able to choose between 10,000 movies :lol:

Actually not a bad idea at all. Picking 1 drama or 1 action movie from the entire historical database would be torture.

Would allow for more drafts too :nthat:

Keeping the comedy train rolling, I'm going to go with one of the Coen Brothers' more commercially underrated films. The one that put Oscar Isaac on the map, who had been a pretty face or silent side piece in big films up to this point. Selection 8:

Inside Llewyn Davis
Comedy

music97-inside-llewyn-davis-95e32474-poster-singer-sarkici-sanatci-afis-muzik-1000x1000.jpg

Keeping the comedy train rolling, I'm going to go with one of the Coen Brothers' more commercially underrated films. The one that put Oscar Isaac on the map, who had been a pretty face or silent side piece in big films up to this point. Selection 8:

Inside Llewyn Davis
Comedy

music97-inside-llewyn-davis-95e32474-poster-singer-sarkici-sanatci-afis-muzik-1000x1000.jpg

GREAT film and probably the best of the decade for The Coens. Only thing is its so damn depressing that it never even crossed my mind for Comedies even though i know its classified as one. Still haven't rewatched it since the theaters.

GREAT film and probably the best of the decade for The Coens. Only thing is its so damn depressing that it never even crossed my mind for Comedies even though i know its classified as one. Still haven't rewatched it since the theaters.
It's definitely not a crowd pleasing comedy. But the absurdity and surrealness is so funny in the context.

So, 12 rounds, each round is one genre each for everybody? That can't work, I don't think.

1-12, Drama. First Drama chosen vs the 12th.
1-12 Action. First Action again gets best/first pick. 12th is getting screwed round after round.

Only way to do it is each owner strategizes their own strategy. (nobody makes me bleed my own blood....)

Back
Top Bottom