Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So, 12 rounds, each round is one genre each for everybody? That can't work, I don't think.

1-12, Drama. First Drama chosen vs the 12th.
1-12 Action. First Action again gets best/first pick. 12th is getting screwed round after round.

Only way to do it is each owner strategizes their own strategy. (nobody makes me bleed my own blood....)
Very true.

?

Only way I could see it working, is if you paired categories. Like comedy and action are the first 2 rounds, etc... That way, yeah you can get 1st dibs at action, but then you're last to the table for comedy?

Parasite - 7.75/8

Pending on another watch, score might be raised after the next viewing. But just this movie overall, holy **** and whoa, just a lot to digest. It was the perfect combination of being entertaining and crowd pleasing but still be artsy and a thinker. I advise all film brehs to watch when you can.

Parasite - 7.75/8

Pending on another watch, score might be raised after the next viewing. But just this movie overall, holy **** and whoa, just a lot to digest. It was the perfect combination of being entertaining and crowd pleasing but still be artsy and a thinker. I advise all film brehs to watch when you can.

thank you, I’ve been meaning to see this. Looks pretty slick from the trailers

So, 12 rounds, each round is one genre each for everybody? That can't work, I don't think.

1-12, Drama. First Drama chosen vs the 12th.
1-12 Action. First Action again gets best/first pick. 12th is getting screwed round after round.

Only way to do it is each owner strategizes their own strategy. (nobody makes me bleed my own blood....)

Thinking maybe calibeebee calibeebee means like a whole draft for All time Drama movies. Like 10 rounds of straight drama movies. Then do like a All time Action draft, and so on.

Parasite - 7.75/8

Top 3 of the decade

Alright fine since this doesn't affect anything :lol:

For my 8th pick

Hillbilly Oceans 11

1571692219170.gif

LOGAN LUCKY - Comedy
Almost picked this for my crime position.

Great pick.
Keeping the comedy train rolling, I'm going to go with one of the Coen Brothers' more commercially underrated films. The one that put Oscar Isaac on the map, who had been a pretty face or silent side piece in big films up to this point. Selection 8:

Inside Llewyn Davis
Comedy

music97-inside-llewyn-davis-95e32474-poster-singer-sarkici-sanatci-afis-muzik-1000x1000.jpg
Showtime use to rerun this SO MUCH :lol:

Bit embarassing I didnt know it was a Coen bros movie. Cool flick

This must've been a sarcastic possible satire ironic comedy cuz I remember it being melancholic and depressing.

Last edited:

Hmmmm, I follow ya now. That wouldn't get kinda redundant? 120ish Dramas? I mean, round 8-9-10 start to thin the hell out wouldn't they? Lol

I feel what you're sayin, but I only have 1 OP, and the 2nd post after that, the logistics of all that record keeping would be massive. To do 5-10 genres, 10-12 rounds, owners, etc. I'd need the entire first page to be wiped out for me to record.

Crime time for the Master Zik Master Zik franchise. The selection is...

giphy.gif

A truly wild one night journey and non stop unpredictable crime filled adventure. A strong performance from an actor on the rise shaking off a past reputation to forge or more respectable and dignified one.

It's especially crazy and fortunate since I was reminded of and suggested this movie again earlier this year and was more than pleased to finally watch it in all its wild greatness. A pick I did not initially see myself choosing but I am more than glad to see it fall so far to me especially in the needed the position of crime that has been depleted for me

91xS8Ko2BIL._RI_.jpg

giphy.gif

big j 33 big j 33 Go

Last edited:
Hereditary is a real gem with where they took it. Had that weird looking girl, what they did to her that actually happened :smh: :x Movie was giving chills

NT raved about it.

I dont usually react much during movies. I'm the type that usually stonefaces through jump scares, but when THAT SCENE happened in Hereditary, it had me like this

qnKX4j.gif

Almost picked this for my crime position.

Great pick.

Highkey, i always feel like im competing against your big board for my picks :lol:

I should be in the clear now for my last two though 8)

Crime time for the Master Zik Master Zik franchise. The selection is...

giphy.gif

A truly wild one night journey and non stop unpredictable crime filled adventure. A strong performance from an actor on the rise shaking off a past reputation to forge or more respectable and dignified one.

It's especially crazy and fortunate since I was reminded of and suggested this movie again earlier this year and was more than pleased to finally watch it in all its wild greatness. A pick I did not initially see myself choosing but I am more than glad to see it fall so far to me.

91xS8Ko2BIL._RI_.jpg

giphy.gif

big j 33 big j 33 Go

VERY good pick. Solid film. I don’t know anyone IRL who’s even heard of it. This was gonna be my backup crime if things didn’t go my way.

Matter fact, I’m gonna watch this tonight.

The Conjuring has a father raising 5 daughters, can’t think of anything more terrifying than that.

Yooo no B/S every time I watch it I think to myself how much more terrifying it would be knowing you'd have to be the alpha/man of the house in that situation :lol:

The Conjuring has a father raising 5 daughters, can’t think of anything more terrifying than that.

My sister-in-law and her husband have 3 girls. They’ve had pretty smooth sailing so far, but now two of the girls are in HS and getting interest from boys. Scary times...LOL.

Back
Top Bottom