Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I mean there's a whole draft's worth of solid horror picks left. The Witch. Midsommar. It Follows. CABIN IN THE WOODS. **** ... IT :lol:

You know how hard it was not to pick mother! off the strength of I wasn't sure whether or not low-key my own mind was trolling itself :lol:

Hold up Annihilation. Split. It's deep. We ****ed up not splitting categories :smh:

THE WITCH probably would have been my horror pick after HEREDITARY got swooped, but since Horror was paired up with thriller, i went with that category instead

tumblr_p8iyzkCsl21sarywjo1_500.gifv

"Wouldst thou like the taste of butter?...Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?" :pimp:

Hold up hold up hold up. I swear to god someone picked cabin in the woods. If not, shame on all of us. :smh:

I remember crossing it off my list way before I picked my horror
I think I took it in the 00's draft, since it came out in 2010. Such a fantastic film and I think the best "meta" horror since Scream (maybe better since it tackles a lot more tropes/stereotypes than just slashers).

THE WITCH probably would have been my horror pick after HEREDITARY got swooped, but since Horror was paired up with thriller, i went with that category instead

tumblr_p8iyzkCsl21sarywjo1_500.gifv

"Wouldst thou like the taste of butter?" :pimp:
If they were separate categories and Black Swan goes under thriller, The Witch would have been in my top 3 horrors, along with Hereditary.

You can still send votes, or you can put them in here. PM or out in the open, I just keep a tally. No prize money or anything.

And you may not vote for yourself. Especially five times..... :lol:

I'll send in my votes tonight as an outside judge...

PM me for venmo/PayPal info if you want the hookup!

198.jpg

You can still send votes, or you can put them in here. PM or out in the open, I just keep a tally. No prize money or anything.

And you may not vote for yourself. Especially five times..... :lol:

non-participants should have to vote out in the open. That way we can call them out if they seem like backup SN’s. Word to kingkoopa kingkoopa and his many aliases from the Hottest Woman March Madness tourney. DUFFGANG all day though homie.

These were my other considerations

Annihilation
Room
It (this is a crazy ommision. How was this not picked? If horror and thriller was separate like I
brought up before that would've been my other pick)
Split (see It)
Nebraska
Carol
Chef
The Raid: Redemption
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Mission Impossible: Fallout
Last Black Man in San Francisco

What should've been my 2010s roster

Sports--Warrior (legit was only thinking of Foxcatcher as a back up, got robbed)
Drama--Whiplash or Fences (Black excellence) or The Master
Comedy--The Wolf of Wall Street
Horror/Thriller--It/Nightcrawler (needed to be two categories!)
Crime--Sicario
Sci-Fi--Ex-Machina
Action--The Raid 2 (was originally gonna go with Mad Max but I see now I prefer the Raid 2)
Western--Hateful 8 (doesn't get any better)
Comics--Avengers: Endgame (I know many prefer IW which is why it was an easy backup but I love the emotional payoff of Endgame more)
Utility--Beasts of No Nation

CP did NOT say this. This was not said, by me, ever. :lol:

No wonder I keep getting PM's.
Damn, big j 33 big j 33 got me :lol:
As promised, my list of all-decade free agents still on my draft board.

How to Train Your Dragon
The Intouchables
Paranorman
Prometheus
This is 40
Brave
Wreck-it-Ralph
Frozen
The LEGO Movies
The Night Before
Arrival (very suprised this went undrafted)
Zootopia
La La Land
Masterminds
Moana
Kubo and the 2 Strings
The Shape of Water
Dunkirk
Little Hours
Game Night
Isle of Dogs
Free Solo
Icarus
Overlord
Midsommar
Glass
Yesterday
Mother
I am Mother
Ready or Not
Southpaw

and many more documentari
Not mad I didn't pick or think of some of these.

Still need to see Midsommar

Last edited:
Other horrors that come to mind

The Visit
10 Cloverfield Lane
Coherence
Halloween 2018
Us
World War Z
Train to Busan
It Comes at Night
Don't Breathe
Hush
Creep
Killing of a Sacred Deer

I've hear people say Sinister and Insidious are both good, but I've yet to see either

Last edited:
noskey noskey almost had a murders row to me but I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few who didn't like The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

I'd go Master Zik Master Zik taking the crown, mronegative mronegative then macbk macbk

I see the best comedy of the decade still didn't get chosen

The **** I whiffed on one movie and get bounced out the top 3? Who I gotta pay? How much did Zik pay?! I demand answers!

While I dont necessarily agree with the otherwise widespread love of The Babadook, we cant forget that one either. It made some pretty big waves through the horror world.

I would like to state my case.

Name me one bad movie out of this list.

Sports--Foxcatcher
Drama--Dallas Buyers Club
Comedy--Pain and Gain
Horror/Thriller--The Conjuring 2
Crime--Prisoners
Sci-Fi--Edge of Tomorrow
Action--Jack Reacher
Western--Hell or High Water
Comics--Captain America: Civil War
Utility--Killing Them Softly

While I dont necessarily agree with the otherwise widespread love of The Babadook, we cant forget that one either. It made some pretty big waves through the horror world.

I watched for the first time Sunday night. That kid was unbearable :lol:

Sports--Foxcatcher
Comedy--Pain and Gain
Crime--Prisoners
Sci-Fi--Edge of Tomorrow
Action--Jack Reacher

I wouldn't say it's "bad," but I saw Killing Them Softly in the theater and thought it was meh.

My picks:

Sports—Rush
Drama--The Social Network
Comedy--MacGruber
Horror/Thriller--Shutter Island
Crime--American Hustle
Sci-Fi--The Hunger Games
Action--The Town
Western--True Grit
Comics--The Dark Knight Rises
Utility--Fruitvale Station

DB7D62C2-B7B8-48F5-812A-45AB3DA10C6C.gif

Sports--Warrior
Drama--The Master
Comedy--Logan Lucky
Horror/Thriller--Parasite
Crime--Widows
Sci-Fi--Interstellar
Action--Skyfall
Western--The Sister Brothers
Comics--Into the Spiderverse
Utility--Inside Out

I'm mostly happy with my list. My plans for TEAM JOAQUIN went out the window after I couldn't get HER. I would have also probably taken YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE for thriller or utility if I had gotten it. So i end up with only two Joaquin movies on my list.

And no, JOKER was not under consideration by me :lol:

Last edited:
Master Zik Master Zik I could have sworn Infinity War was your favorite Avengers movie. I actually had plans to take IW to piss you off - good thing i didn't go through with it :lol:

The other plan i had was to take Rogue One from C CP1708 because I knew for sure he wanted it. Waited one round too long to take my action pick though :lol:

Sports--Foxcatcher
Comedy--Pain and Gain
Crime--Prisoners
Sci-Fi--Edge of Tomorrow
Action--Jack Reacher
If we gonna start criticizing lists, we can :lol:

Ok **** Marky Mark that racist piece of **** so while Bay impressed and made a good movie its out.

I loved Jack Reacher. Love it even more after the sequel didn't match it but not enough to pick it in this draft. There were better action movies. There were better Tom Cruise action movies to choose available.

Killing Them Softly was a let down. Movie was underwhelming. It is not fully a Brad Pitt crime movie. It involves those other nobody dudes robbing the game and what not.

Could've been so much better.

Master Zik Master Zik I could have sworn Infinity War was your favorite Avengers movie. I actually had plans to take IW to piss you off - good thing i didn't go through with it :lol:
I love Infinity War. It's really a 1a and 1b ranking at this point.

To me Endgame could just all be the 3rd act. Yeah, seeing thenlosee heroes mope was good and the little trip down memory lane via time travel was fun but past Thanos carpet bombing Avengers compound and on was captivating. That was better than IW's two location fight, better than the airport fight, better than any Marvel movie individual fight. Pure greatness beginning to end. Then there were the feels. So many feels.

Back
Top Bottom