Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Looks like everyone is online too. Should be able to wrap it up quick.

Can't wait to hear what others had to leave off their list that they wanted to include.

With my last pick, I'm selecting the best comedy in long time, one that's based off an SNL skit such that it was the cult classic that wasn't.

So I'll select a movie in which I nearly fell out of my seat during, along with everyone I was with in the theater:

MacGruber (2010) - Comedy

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

Without question this is the pick I'm most excited to have gotten. :rofl:

With my last pick I'm taking...

tenor.gif

INSIDE OUT - Utility

As great as Toy Story 3 was, I have Inside Out edging it as the best Pixar movie of the decade. So imaginative in concept and introspective in dealing with tough emotions. This one got me.

With my last pick, I'm selecting the best comedy in long time, one that's based off an SNL skit such that it was the cult classic that wasn't.

So I'll select a movie in which I nearly fell out of my seat during, along with everyone I was with in the theater:

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

Definitely was not expecting that :lol:

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

GREAT MINDS. I cried in the theater.

IM GONNA SHOOOOOOT. IM GONNA SHOOOOOOT. IM GONNA FILL YOU UP :lol: :lol: :lol: :smh:

I'll be back shortly with a pick. Really need to think about this and which way I want to take my final pick.

Slide Llewyn Davis to utility. My final pick will be an out and out comedy, and maybe the most surprising success of the 2010 decade. The film that shouldn't have worked, but succeeded in every possible way. Even the cameos at the end were perfect. I dont think anybody felt good about this film when we all first heard this was being remade from a 90s serial drama, but the writing and chemistry between all of the characters, mixed with satire and ridiculous action, made this film one of my favorite comedies in the past 10 years.

21 Jump Street
Comedy

21-jump-street-poster__span.jpg

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

GREAT PICK.

I'm salty I forgot about this movie.

All Time entrance.

With his final pick of the 2019 NT All Decade draft kingkoopa kingkoopa selects...

killing-them-softly-brad-pitt.jpg

Killing Them Softly

Another disrespectfully underrated film.

Simple plot, great acting dialoge and filmography.

It was a struggle narrowing down this last pick given there were still so many great and personal favorites left. It came down to two movies by two of my favoritw new directors that did their thing this past decade. In the end one movie edged out the other and that says a lot cuz the other iirc recieved several academy awards while my pick did not (also getback getback made it easier by picking it before I had the option). It is however, a truly beautiful movie.

Master Zik Master Zik 's final pick in the 2019 NT 2010-2019 decades draft in the utility position will be the selection of

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

RectangularCheerfulDog-size_restricted.gif

MV5BZWVkMzY5NzgtMTdlNS00NjY5LThjOTktZWFkNDU3NmQzMDIwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk2NDQ3MTA@._V1_.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
21 Jump Street was one of the flicks I figured you guys were talking about as being one of the funniest that was still on the board.

21 Jump Street is a great pick, it was on my shortlist
I passed on a dozen other films that had the "academy praise" or whatever, and some films I truly love, but as far as a pee your pants comedy, 21 Jump Street had me dying in the theater. If there's playoffs I know what my first pick will be.

It was 21JS or The Other Guys for me. Sided with TOG because it low-key might be one of my favorite Will Ferrell roles.

It was a struggle narrow down this last pick given there were still so many great and personal favorites left. It came down to two movies by two of my favoritw new directors that did their thing this past decade. In the end one movie edged out the other and that says a lot cuz the other iirc recieved several academy awards while my pick did not (also getback getback made it easier by picking it before I had the option). It is however, a truly beautiful movie.

Master Zik Master Zik 's final pick in the 2019 NT 2010-2019 decades draft in the utility position will be the selection of

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

RectangularCheerfulDog-size_restricted.gif

MV5BZWVkMzY5NzgtMTdlNS00NjY5LThjOTktZWFkNDU3NmQzMDIwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk2NDQ3MTA@._V1_.jpg

giphy.gif
I still need to see this :smh: Was immediately hyped for it when I saw the trailer.

For the final pick of the 2010s draft, I'm finishing up with I think is the best comedy still on the board. There's a personal choice that I had a hard time not picking, but if I'm picking best comedy, I'll happily select...

Bridesmaids, Comedy.

This would be by #1 "laugh out loud" comedy.

Part of me wanted to throw it in sci-fi but I didn't want to rustle.
More acceptable than Fences!

:lol:

CP said anyone who wants to claim any unpicked movie should send him a PM/text him ASAP to claim your pick. First come, first serve, limit 3 per customer.
Oh ****! Its getting spicy now

Sent my signings :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom