Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Capture.PNG
danger style danger style jobber of the week I hate to see IT

Christian Pulisic Christian Pulisic
nice dolphin nice dolphin
because you two selected some Ghiblis in your all time draft
@anybody else who messes with Ghibli

Have you seen Porco Rosso? Its probably my favorite Miyazaki.

Oh hell yeah, man. I don't own many physical copies of movies anymore but my Miyazaki collection is the crowning jewel (and Marvel steelbooks of course).

Nausicaa, Castle in the Sky, Mononoke, Pocco Rosso, Howls and Kiki's all get watched yearly.

True, but those kids spoiled though. How they all got one of those little electric cars? I had a Big Wheel I had to share with my brothers...:smh:

:lol:

word I can remember having the Jeep and thinking I was stuntin. But I had to push it myself. It wasn’t until later in life I found out they were actually battery powered. My parents had me out here wylin thinkin I was doing it at a young age. Probably got it for free from Salvation Army. Ol’ non electric flintstones peddling *** broke boi as a Youngin

Phantom Menace 3.75/8 - Worse than I remember but that Darth Maul entrance before the big fight is still great.

Attack of the Clones - 4.25/8 - Better if only slightly than the Phantom Menace the tone is a lot darker and Yoda vs Dooku is amazing. Teenage angst Anakin is awful though.

The Clone Wars Movie - 2.5/8 - Glad to have the story gaps filled in but the relationship between Anakin and Ahsoka feels out of place after just watching Attack of the Clones and the voice acting for some of the characters is cringeworthy.

I've seen all of these but not for years...

The greatest movie of all time is about to finally be filmed

Nicolas Cage to play Nicolas Cage in movie about Nicolas Cage

Just a couple of weeks ago, Ocbtober 29 marked the 20th anniversary of the release of Being John Malkovich (Certified Fresh at 93%), a movie that was “meta” before that word was even in common parlance. Given how well it was received, it’s a little surprising more films like it (Jean-Claude Van Damme’s JCVD, for example) haven’t been made, but we may finally get the mother of all meta films in the near future. After a surprisingly active auction, Lionsgate has won the rights to a “meta drama” called The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, about a famous Hollywood actor named Nicolas Cage. Lionsgate is now in talks with a famous Hollywood actor named Nicolas Cage to take on the role, who is described as being the star of Face/Off, Con Air, Mandy, Color Out of Space, and the upcoming Lionsgate “meta drama” The Unberable Weight of Massive Talent. Specifically, Cage will play a version of himself who is trying to get a role in Quentin Tarantino’s next film and who “also occasionally talks to an egotistical 1990s version of himself who rides him for making too many crappy movies and for not being a star anymore.” It is not yet known if Quentin Tarantino will cast Nicolas Cage in his next movie. Nicolas Cage will also reprise his caveman role in The Croods 2 (12/23/2020), and might return as the voice of Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Verse 2 (4/8/2022).

:nthat:

The VVitch 5.3/8

It was cool sound movie but not my cup.of tea. Wasn't in suspense, wasn't much of a mystery, was not scary or creeped out.

Becoming fond of Anya Taylor Joy though.

Open Range 5.5/8

This was an okay western. A little too slow paced. Good pairing with Costner and Duvall though.

An Acceptable Loss 4/8

Not digging it. It was like the director didnt know what he wanted the movie to really be and stick to it.

Only worth the watch for the beautiful Tika Sumpter :evil:

The Magnificent Seven 7/8

Looking back Yul as the man in black was kinda weaksauce. McQueen though :pimp: Coburn :smokin

Unforgiven 6.5/8

Needed a refresher on this. Wish it could be extended withMunnuy going full badass killer on the sheriff and his goons.

Its great how Hackman looks like the good guy sheriff taking out English Bob but full scumbag having his men torture Logan to death.

Seven Samurai 7/8

Still holds up to this day. Thinking I may watch Rashomon when I get the chance.

Last edited:
Unforgiven 6.5/8

Needed a refresher on this. Wish it could be extended with Mummy going full badass killer on the sheriff and his goons.

Its great how Hackman looks like the good guy sheriff taking out English Bob but full scumbag having his men torture Logan to death.

Eastwood was aiming to do an as unromanticized version of the western as possible so everything that happened in the film was pretty fitting. The hotshot English Bob turned out to be a bum that got completely embarassed by Bill. The gunfight in the quarry turned out to be a lot of posturing and sighting, with only one shot hitting the guy in the leg and the rest of the scene is just watching him slowly die :lol:. It's about as removed from spaghetti westerns as possible and i love it for that.

That gunfight at the end was definitely gonna be as crazy as it gets for this movie.

Eastwood was aiming to do an as unromanticized version of the western as possible so everything that happened in the film was pretty fitting. The hotshot English Bob turned out to be a bum that got completely embarassed by Bill. The gunfight in the quarry turned out to be a lot of posturing and sighting, with only one shot hitting the guy in the leg and the rest of the scene is just watching him slowly die :lol:. It's about as removed from spaghetti westerns as possible and i love it for that.

That gunfight at the end was definitely gonna be as crazy as it gets for this movie.
Story wise, I wanted him to do those dudes dirtier for torturing his friend who's he brought in to this. Not to mention the story alludes from the start so much about Munny being such a bastard and the stories here and there about him peppered throughout the movie I wanted him to be way more ruthless to them dudes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom