Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The first time I saw the clicking of coke bottles was from Diddy.

Like I know some of the key lines originated from that movie but I'm really not interested in going back and watching older movies although I recently saw Taxi with Deniro for the first time and liked it.

But movies like Gone With the Wind, Casablanca, Vertigo.......

I'm good.
The Hustler, 12 Angry Men, and Psycho are probably my 3 favorite old black and white films. All worth watching if you haven't seen them. Raging bull is up there too, but that was intentionally done in black and white.

I've also never seen Casa Blanca or Gone With the Wind. Never heard of Vertigo.

Vertigo is an Alfred Hitchcock movie. I haven’t seen that one, but I have seen The Birds, Rear Window and Psycho, all of which I enjoyed.

I think I’ll check out Vertigo too, now that I think about it more.

I've also never seen Casa Blanca or Gone With the Wind. Never heard of Vertigo.
Just watch every Alfred Hitchcock movie.

Then watch every movie with Humphrey Bogart. Casablanca and the Treasure of Sierra Madre are key standout classics.

Given how pop culture reuses stuff you'll probably notice where a lot of it originated.

**** Gone with the Wind.

Vertigo is an Alfred Hitchcock movie. I haven’t seen that one, but I have seen The Birds, Rear Window and Psycho, all of which I enjoyed.

I think I’ll check out Vertigo too, now that I think about it more.
I haven't seen Vertigo either. Gotta put that on my list. You might wanna try North By Northwest. Good Hitchcock mystery movie also.

12 Angry Men
1 of 2 movies I keep saying I would love to see remade.*

Jumanji has been remade, Nutty Professor has been remade, Spidey, IT, hell, how many Grinches are there? I'd love to 12 Angry Men redone w/ a nice mix of 12 jurors from different backgrounds, since we are a tad more diverse now than we were at that time.

*The other is Charly. :frown:

Vertigo is a huge classic.

Been watching random episodes of Black Jesus and forgot how much I love this show :lol:

Got Vertigo set to record on Monday, so we'll see. I think Birds is the only Hitchcock movie I've seen, and I remember I liked that when I was a kid. Didn't know it's Alfred.

John Wick 2 tonight, right now, until the Angels game later. Not going to lie, wasn't blown away with John Wick like a lot of people said I would be and insisted that I absolutely must put aside my disdain for Keanu and watch it. It was meh.

John Wick 2 tonight, right now, until the Angels game later. Not going to lie, wasn't blown away with John Wick like a lot of people said I would be and insisted that I absolutely must put aside my disdain for Keanu and watch it. It was meh.

Then you’re not going to like Wick 2 or 3 much either. Sorry. I love them all, but it’s basically the same formula each time.

I didn't like 2 much, 1 and 3 I loved. If you didn't like 1 you're not gonna like any of them :lol:

Got Vertigo set to record on Monday, so we'll see. I think Birds is the only Hitchcock movie I've seen, and I remember I liked that when I was a kid. Didn't know it's Alfred.
Psycho is a must. Still holds up to this day for sure. Anytime it's on I have to watch.

Fun Fact: Jamie Lee Curtis who was in Halloween is the daughter of Janet Leigh from Psycho. 2 of the most iconic Horror Films of their generation.

It's his VOICEOHMYF***INGODZILLAICANTSTANDIT!! 😂😂😬🤦‍♂️

Just barely started it, and now ya'll got me wanting to rethink things. I think I've watched everything that has been suggested the last like month or so. Knocked out Hill House, Wailing, passing on Midsommar, Casa Blanca and Treasure aren't coming up anywhere. Vertigo set to record Monday. Going through Yellowstone, but I can't watch past E:3 until I record past E:3. Thought I could just stream it all, but apparently not. Mmmm... let's see... OH! Started, and bailed on, Queen of the South, and that Patton Oswalt's wife's joint.

The first time I saw the clicking of coke bottles was from Diddy.

Like I know some of the key lines originated from that movie but I'm really not interested in going back and watching older movies although I recently saw Taxi with Deniro for the first time and liked it.

But movies like Gone With the Wind, Casablanca, Vertigo.......

I'm good.
skip gone with the wind. But Casablanca and Vertigo are entertaining AF to this day. Not gassing them up or nothing. The picture quality of casablanca is TOP NOTCH

Just watch every Alfred Hitchcock movie.

Then watch every movie with Humphrey Bogart. Casablanca and the Treasure of Sierra Madre are key standout classics.

Given how pop culture reuses stuff you'll probably notice where a lot of it originated.

**** Gone with the Wind.

Zik you took the words out of my mouth! See every bogart and Hitchcock. and Gone with the wind is lame as ****. Koop, how are not at least KINDA interested in Hitchcock movies? They all have like 99% ratings on RT. That alone should at least slightly peak your interest :lol:

What channel is HDNM? I don't mean what numbers. I mean, like... I'm not seeing an NM on my guide (I'm assuming the HD just means hi-def and isn't part of the channel name). And I don't see Psycho tomorrow at 8... or at all.

North by NW, that's Hitchcock, right? Not seeing that on my guide, either.

I just have basic AT&T Now, fwiw. :nerd:

What channel is HDNM? I don't mean what numbers. I mean, like... I'm not seeing an NM on my guide (I'm assuming the HD just means hi-def and isn't part of the channel name). And I don't see Psycho tomorrow at 8... or at all.

yeah that’s Hitchcock. One of the best thrillers all time. Hbo max is the streaming service. Not sure if it’s on their regular programming or only on the streaming app.

edit***

TV guide says “There are no TV airings of North By Northwest in the next 14 days.”

HDNM stands for HDNet Movies. Don't need internet for it tho, that's just the name. HD is part of the name I think. It's a sister channel to AXSTV which I think is where you're recording Vertigo on monday. I have it on DirecTV. Here it's channel 566. Not sure if it's on Comcast tho. Have you tried searching Psycho in the search box?

If you use HBO Max and go to the TCM (Turner classic movies) section they got a gang of old classics.

Hitchcock included. I haven't checked but they may have most if them.

HDNet tv is clutch for movies sometimes as well. It's channel 746 for me.

Back
Top Bottom