Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Saw North by Northwest last night. Super dope. Loved it. Can't remember who suggested that, but that was on point. First thing I noticed was that Hitchcock uses music damn near through the whole movie. Like walking through a forest, creeping around a house, whatever moment might not have dialogue, he still uses music to set the mood and I loved it.

The twists, though. 🤙😎

Saw The Hunt last night. Lmao. What a fun violent political comedy. Perfect timing considering the political climate. I was expecting a dark action thriller and was surprised by a refreshing comedy with a unique plot. Reminiscent of movies like Ready or Not or Robert Rodriguez type films. The political angle was hilarious. It cuts into both sides so no one is offended. It reminded me a lot of all the political threads in NT lol.

P.S. - Ready or Not was also good fun movie for those who may not have seen it too.

Last edited:
Forgot to say earlier: I was definitely confused by the ending of North by Northwest, not gonna lie. Like, so he pulled her up from the cliff and everything was all fine and she left buddy that was going to have her killed on the plane and she married Thornhill? Just like that?

Finally finished Clone Wars on Friday C CP1708 . God DAMN that final arc. That Order 66. That Maul v Everybody. Ahsoka my god damn boss. Rex the OG. What a ride. Could do with a whole new season that only follows the other jedi who survived Sideous' plot. I would have been livid if I had to wait a week between each episode instead of being able to ride that roller coaster from start to finish. 8/8. Give Filoni the whole damn universe to play in.

1595708442420.png

RIP Regis

Scott Pilgrim v. The World (2010)

7/8

I wasn't sure if I had seen this, so I gave it a view based on the publicity it was getting over the last week or so. I'm a sucker for a good romantic comedy ( :blush: ) and I thought the video game concept was pretty awesome.

With that said, it was clear this movie was made for a certain demographic. I can see why it is considered a cult classic.

Charlize is a bonafide Action Star.
She killed Furiosa and then Atomic Blonde was unreal. COmpletely Unreal, she was believable AF.
I heard they cast somebody else in the Next Mad Max. Furiosa won't be the same without her. NO way that Film pulls off a Legit Furiosa after seeing Charlize in that role.

7/8

I wasn't sure if I had seen this, so I gave it a view based on the publicity it was getting over the last week or so. I'm a sucker for a good romantic comedy ( :blush: ) and I thought the video game concept was pretty awesome.

With that said, it was clear this movie was made for a certain demographic. I can see why it is considered a cult classic.

darthska darthska

7/8

And I promise I am completely outside of that demographic, yet despite my mood on a given day, this is my favorite comedy of all time. :lol: I effing hate video games, (not even going to get into the reasons why), but I've seen this movie a dozen times and it's never not absolutely hilarious. :rofl::lol:

They turn into coins!!!! :rofl::rofl::lol::rofl:

"Drop the L word."
"L... esbians?"

😂🤦‍♂️

For my 2 other ppl that watch Yellowstone.

Damn Beth done up and told dad and ****ed it up for Jamie. What he did was ****ed up cuz he aint tell her but its wild to blame it all on him given the time.

For my 2 other ppl that watch Yellowstone.

Damn Beth done up and told dad and ****ed it up for Jamie. What he did was ****ed up cuz he aint tell her but its wild to blame it all on him given the time.
I haven't caught tonight's episode yet, but I'm all caught up and waiting until.... Actually, getting on that right now.

Show is flames. An Acceptable Surrender was... *whew*... mmmmman!

watched Charade the other night. i think i watched parts of the movie when i was younger but never the full film
had a bit of everything from suspense, thriller, romance and comedy
Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn duo was excellent
solid film

Back
Top Bottom