Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Touché :lol: I know I’d love Cable Guy and Liar Liar but haven’t seen either AND love Jim Carrey.

Blue Bayou

I'm gonna go ahead and say it early, despite the 75% 95% RT score, there were some serious Oscar vibes in this movie. No exaggeration. Movie was powerful. The strong dramatic performances by both Chon & Vikander caught me by surprise. Acting, directing, cinematography & score were all solid. Alicia Vikander was legit putting on a Merly Streep clinic. 100% Recommend.

Also surprised to find the lead actor, Justin Chon, wrote, directed, and starred in this movie. Never heard of him before. He knocked it out the park tho.

4F0FDE97-F757-4F50-BA04-0F78000C130B.png

Blue Bayou

I'm gonna go ahead and say it early, despite the 75% 95% RT score, there were some serious Oscar vibes in this movie. No exaggeration. Movie was powerful. The strong dramatic performances by both Chon & Vikander caught me by surprise. Acting, directing, cinematography & score were all solid. Alicia Vikander was legit putting on a Merly Streep clinic. 100% Recommend.

Also surprised to find the lead actor, Justin Chon, wrote, directed, and starred in this movie. Never heard of him before. He knocked it out the park tho.
I also thoroughly enjoyed this film. The drama builds really well throughout its duration and you really feel for the lead character. Many films use of the grainy look falls flat but I thought this movie's use was well done and really made you feel something. Chon did great as the lead and Vikander's character also caught me by surprise, having only seen her in Tomb Raider and Ex Machina I wasn't sure what to expect but she knocked her performance out of the park.

I saw Justin Chon has also been in the Twilight films but have never seen any of them. He also directed and starred in the movie **** which I thought was a really good watch and would recommend.

Back
Top Bottom