Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Go watch La La Land. The movie is fantastic.

la la land was absolutely fire. Lotta folks just won’t see it because “oh it’s just a musical.” Nah, it’s more powerful than that. Cinematography, elaborate set designs, top notch Oscar worthy acting, all great.

But the thing that hit me the hardest about the film was the CRUX of the story, summed up in this short paragraph
F6141330-EBEA-4A00-BFB9-6F9E9FB496D6.jpeg

Ana + Erotic.......that movie needs to be released immediately.

Ehh. I was just thinking about Ben’s track record with movies that have also featured girls he’s gone on to have long-term relationships with. Not good.

0-2 with J Lo in Gigli and Jersey Girl. Daredevil with Jen Garner is trash. So I have a feeling this one with Ana must also suck :lol:

Just release a highlight reel with her best scenes, I say.

ER is one of my favorite shows and it’s crazy all the people you just see. ER is on Hulu btw

Seinfeld is the same. Just caught Denise Richards in an episode; was probably in her early 20s or still in her teens.

*Edit - Megan Mullally in another (the double dip/“they’re real and they’re spectacular” episode).

Last edited:
Wasn’t enthralled by her performance in American Hustle, all four were good in it—does anyone talk about Joy, Red Sparrow, Passengers, or Mother?

We’re heading toward 2022, and she broke out with 2010’s Winter’s Bone… so 12 years later… SLP and being the star of a book-series franchise has given her more clout than I think she actually should have.

Not to mention, I think she’s mid and mostly personality-narcissistic. :lol:
Joy got praise. She got nominations for that iirc. American Hustle basically cemented her as a great actress that will give consistently above average performances.

I don't know what Red Sparrow was suppose to do. If it was strictly performing and the drama it did that and she was again consistent but it didn't get the attention I think they thought it'd get. Definitely wasn't a hit box office wise.

Mother was polarizing.

Passengers was a dud.

You also forgot her basically being a part of taking credit for why those trash X-Men movies made money. Speaking of, she did another movie with Bradley Cooper which was more of the same good acting but again got overlooked.

With the way Hollywood works she pretty much earned her spot as a young actress that was on the rise.

She came in on Winter’s Bone and the first Hunger Games, has A LOT of runway to win doubters over cause she had those flops, to me, and only just turned 31 (and even after those years off she’s still just 31).

I didn’t mention X-Men cause didn’t think it’s fair to her :lol:. I’m looking forward to Don’t Look Up though, want to see her and Leo.

Guess it’s time to log back into DISNEY.
I need to catch LOKI SERIES, Black Wodow, Sheng-Chi and HawkFace

Back
Top Bottom