Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

1653051597420.gif

What do you think it was? Do you think he was just born with virtual towards her and appreciation for pops?

-foe

No I don't think she wanted a child from the beginning. They portrayed her as this career oriented, free spirited city girl who was forced to pivot and settle, move to the suburbs, etc. Didn't seem like it was the life she wanted and once she got pregnant it was a wrap.

She was pretty cold and reluctant to be a good mom. Even when we was crying as an infant she looked flustered and distant. IMO it was nature and nurture combo.

No I don't think she wanted a child from the beginning. They portrayed her as this career oriented, free spirited city girl who was forced to pivot and settle, move to the suburbs, etc. Didn't seem like it was the life she wanted and once she got pregnant it was a wrap.

She was pretty cold and reluctant to be a good mom. Even when we was crying as an infant she looked flustered and distant. IMO it was nature and nurture combo.

-foe

Obviously we all know that terrible things were done to the Jews during Holocaust. Among the atrocities were various science experimens performed on Jewish babies. There is a well-known experiment, the results of which I believe are accessible online, that relates to Kevin. In this experiment, they took a certain number of Jewish babies and gave them absolutely no human contact for an extended period of time. I think months, possibly even around a year if not more. Took measures like feeding them with gloves on, changing their diapers & clothes with gloves on; no skin-to-skin contact whatsoever.

Every single one of them developed violent tendencies as their motor-functioning developed: 100% of them.

-foe

Droves of articles negate the idea of someone being born a sociopath. There is no sociopath gene like so many think.

-foe
True, sociopaths do not have a gene. Psychopaths on the other hand do have a tendency to be hereditary based on one or several genetic variants the parents may carry that will develop psychopathy.

Sociopaths grow in to their behavior and perspective.

Last edited:
Anyone see Men yet? Just looked on RT and it's sitting on 75% critics and 60% audience, as it's an Alex Garland film (Ex Machina and Annihilation) I'll probably catch it next week.

Anyone see Men yet? Just looked on RT and it's sitting on 75% critics and 60% audience, as it's an Alex Garland film (Ex Machina and Annihilation) I'll probably catch it next week.
Oh wow.

Gotta say the style and aesthetic of the movie based on the trailer is nothing like his previous films.

“Peter, if you want me to run your little camping trip, there are two conditions: firstly, I'm in charge, and when I'm not around, Dieter is. All you need to do is sign the checks, tell us we're doing a good job, and open your case of Scotch when we have a good day. Second condition: my fee? You can keep it. All I want in exchange for my services is the right to hunt one of the tyrannosaurs. A male, a buck only. How and why are my business. Now if you don't like either of those two conditions, you're on your own. So go ahead, set up base camp right here, or in a swamp, or in the middle of a Rex nest for all I care. But I've been on too many safaris with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas, OK?”
1653079090135.png

True, sociopaths do not have a gene. Psychopaths on the other hand do have a tendency to be hereditary based on one or several genetic variants the parents mat carry that will develop psychopathy.

Quick but solid read that gives some detail on Zik’s point. I never looked into the sociopath v. psychopath distinction before today. Pretty interesting.

True, sociopaths do not have a gene. Psychopaths on the other hand do have a tendency to be hereditary based on one or several genetic variants the parents mat carry that will develop psychopathy.

Quick but solid read that gives some detail on Zik’s point. I never looked into the sociopath v. psychopath distinction before today. Pretty interesting.

Again, if the position is that psychopathy is genetic, that's just as false a position as contending that sociopathy is genetic. There is no sociopath gene. There is no psychopath gene. There is nothing that supports a claim that either of those is genetic.

Even the article posted points to drug abusing parents, unstable environment, and other external factors like those.

Blue eyes is a gene.

6' tall is a gene.

Speaking Chinese is not a gene. Nor is sociopathy or psychopathy.

-foe

Again, if the position is that psychopathy is genetic, that's just as false a position as contending that sociopathy is genetic. There is no sociopath gene. There is no psychopath gene. There is nothing that supports a claim that either of those is genetic.

Even the article posted points to drug abusing parents, unstable environment, and other external factors like those.

Blue eyes is a gene.

6' tall is a gene.

Speaking Chinese is not a gene. Nor is sociopathy or psychopathy.

-foe
Yes.

Back
Top Bottom