Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Good morning film fam. Don’t forget to be confident today…

1685715340179.gif

Swear I hate this movie. :lol:
I feel like Jon Gries is actually such a good actor. I know people associate him as “Uncle Rico” but if you observe him in other works such as The White Lotus for example, he is very talented and totally has it in him to portray a believable performance

I feel like Jon Gries is actually such a good actor. I know people associate him as “Uncle Rico” but if you observe him in other works such as The White Lotus for example, he is very talented and totally has it in him to portray a believable performance
Oh his character was a fantastic POS in White Lotus. :lol:

Legend.

Never a household name, but has been part of great, beloved projects since the 80s.

And, as I've mentioned before, seemed like a really nice guy when I chatted with him briefly in the lobby of a veterinary clinic.

lawdog1 lawdog1 That is so cool. I think if I saw him I would be starstruck lol. I might end up not saying anything at all as a result of not knowing what to say. Probably just smile and say hi

lawdog1 lawdog1 That is so cool. I think if I saw him I would be starstruck lol. I might end up not saying anything at all as a result of not knowing what to say. Probably just smile and say hi

I never approach celebrities when I see them out in the wild, but we were both at the vet to have birds looked at (parrot for him; chicken for us) and it just naturally prompted a little conversation. I didn’t even mention I recognized him.

My go-to move if I make eye contact with a famous person is a head not in their direction.

I never approach celebrities when I see them out in the wild, but we were both at the vet to have birds looked at (parrot for him; chicken for us) and it just naturally prompted a little conversation. I didn’t even mention I recognized him.

My go-to move if I make eye contact with a famous person is a head not in their direction.
Did you know Phoebe Cates owns a boutique in NYC?

Many shoppers don’t know it’s her, but proceed to tell her “you look like Phoebe Cates.”

Her go-to response is always “I get that a lot” :lol:

On the topic of accents. There were numerous instances when I would learn who I believed to be an American actor turn out to not, in fact be American. I couldn’t believe it when I heard Christian Bale’s true accent during a speech at the Academy Awards.

Anyone else here enjoy being able to identify the year a specific movie came without having to use google? For example: If someone said to you..”what year did Raging Bull come out?” And you can say 1980.

I love years. I loved years for as long as I can remember…

I do that all the time They don't even have to ask:lol: I'll look deep in thought then just go "yup, '83. Good year" especially with music not just movies.

Back
Top Bottom