Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Anyone else here enjoy being able to identify the year a specific movie came without having to use google? For example: If someone said to you..”what year did Raging Bull come out?” And you can say 1980.

I love years. I loved years for as long as I can remember…
only a few movies. I'm not so good with years anymore like I used to. Batman 89 is a gimme.

Have y’all been paying attention to Telly, what its maker calls the world’s first free 55-inch 4K TV, as long as you allow ads to be played beneath on a separate screen?

I mean, it would be easy to cover that if you wanted to (see pic example):

CC4E84EC-31C5-4C31-BAB6-E250607F923A.jpeg

1380D4AB-8524-4F61-BF45-C4471864BEEF.jpeg

95C164A1-2B62-4B5A-A8BA-7994CEF21035.jpeg

-Full article is on The Verge

I love you man. I have a special chemistry with you that I only have with few people

Fully agreed. It’s strange. You sure I don’t know you irl?

Anyone else here enjoy being able to identify the year a specific movie came without having to use google? For example: If someone said to you..”what year did Raging Bull come out?” And you can say 1980.

I love years. I loved years for as long as I can remember…

See what I’m saying? Anyone who knows me irl, knows this is my jam. I’m the movie year guy :lol:

GF hates this about me sometimes. I can only do 1983-2017. Everything else is kinda fuzzy, but those years I’m undefeated.

calibeebee calibeebee And to add to that, do you feel that specific experiences contribute to your liking for a particular year? For example, I know we expressed our liking for the year ‘99. Obviously it was an incredible year for film, but it was also the year one of my favorite theme parks opened, which I visited that summer.

I hate you guys.

Crazy Stupid Love on hulu or
Half Nelson on YouTube?

First response is my movie right now.

Ryan effing Gosling?! Water we dewing?!

Those shots being some of your favorite visuals, I'm just curious: Do you both have good relationships with your mother? If that's too personal, I get it. Don't answer. Simple. I'm just curious, though. And I mean nothing malicious. Just curious. 🤙
I see you’ve taken the blue pill. Later hater!

1685812486841.gif

I see you’ve taken the blue pill. Later hater!

1685812486841.gif
Bro I promise I'm not after anything sideways. 🤣

So a common psychological theme is the correlation between how we view water and our mothers. Obviously, there's water in all 3 of the scenes that you 2 quoted, but there's a specific element that I'm just curious about regarding those 3 scenes, and I'm wondering if you get along with your mother. :smile: No harm.

Some very good Tomei coming.
TOMEI, TOO?! I was literally just about to say that aside from Ryan Gosling, (whose opening scene I found pretty cringe), there's already Steve Carrell, Julianne Moore, (who I effing love), EMMA STONE!!!, (who I love even more), and now you're saying Marissa?!

TOMEI, TOO?! I was literally just about to say that aside from Ryan Gosling, (who's opening singing I found pretty cringe), there's already Steve Carrell, Julianne Moore, (who I effing love), EMMA STONE!!!, (who I love even more), and now you're saying Marissa?!
Oh man I'm so glad you didn't look at the cast ahead of time :lol: "C, S, L" is packed with stars (A, B and C stars that only us nerds would know)

Those shots being some of your favorite visuals, I'm just curious: Do you both have good relationships with your mother? If that's too personal, I get it. Don't answer. Simple. I'm just curious, though. And I mean nothing malicious. Just curious. 🤙

I meant more that Matrix in general has one of my favorite visual aesthetics of any movie, not just those 2 gifs. Interested in your parental/water theory or observation. Love the psychology behind what makes us tick. You might be on to something though, because another film with some of my favorite visuals of all time is The Shape of Water. Def heavy on the water visuals with that one :lol:

Relationship with my mother is that we don’t have a relationship. We talk on the phone once or twice a year and I visit her maybe once every 5 years. She’s been addicted to heroin her entire life and goes through extreme lows from time to time. Very hard to reach her, almost impossible for her to commit to anything.

If water is synonymous in psychology with seeking a maternal bond, then I could co-sign that for sure. Never looked into it though.

Bronson Bronson I can’t think of any specific experiences that tie into my love for 1999 or my taste in cinematography. But that was probably my peak happiness time in life. One of the GOAT years for film, MTV TRL, was heading into freshman year of high school, was at peak dominance in sports. Life was good.

Non-specifically, I had a step sister who was in her early 30’s when I was 8-12 years old and she came to live with us. She would watch movies like Natural Born Killers, The Lost Boys, From Dusk Till Dawn, Alien, etc. Lots of DARK, ultra violent films that a kid my age had no business watching and I kinda got hooked. I think that’s where most of my taste started.

So I continued my Indiana Jones watch and I knocked out The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull today. I don’t remember who it was in here that says they don’t count that movie as an Indiana Jones movie but they’re tripping. I dug it. Not better than Raiders or Last Crusade but I liked it more than Temple of Doom.

It depresses me what has become of the comedy genre in movies.

I’ watching I Love You Man right now and it’s such a smart, funny movie. The studios just don’t make this kind of movie anymore :frown:
Seriously.. I cannot name the last "classic" comedy..

Hell I can't name any comedies?

Back
Top Bottom