Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^
roll.gif

Sounds like a lot of you guys watch American Horror Story. It looked really cheap to me, is it good?
nerd.gif

I...kinda haven't seen an episode since ep 3...gonna try and marathon them next week or somthing.
nerd.gif

young maid though
devil.gif
admit it...yall would even if you had to go through old maid first.
laugh.gif

I...kinda haven't seen an episode since ep 3...gonna try and marathon them next week or somthing.
nerd.gif

young maid though
devil.gif
admit it...yall would even if you had to go through old maid first.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

The elderly version of her coming out of the room wiping her chin was the single most disturbing scene so far.

*Nodding grimly*

Coach/Director
PG/Leading Man
SG/Comedic Role
SF/Kick @#$ Chick
PF/Leading Lady
C/Action Hero-Super Hero
6 Man/Dramatic Role
Bench Guy/Glue Guy-Character Role
Bench Guy/VillainMascot/Utility Role- Anybody that stood out

This is not a go yet, this is merely us discussing, no one is locked in or on board yet, just floatin ideas.  MrO, you said 2000's only, let's open that up, let's go 1990-2011.  Give us a little more leeway.  I still think we could just go all time and be fine, but if you want to restrict it a bit that's fine, I just don't think I can handle the inevitable 90's draft, 80's draft, 70's draft, etc. 
laugh.gif
  This is what I have in mind, thoughts?  Just an example role off the top of my dome

Director-Ridley Scott, Gladiator
Leading Man- Harrison Ford, The Fugitive
Comedic-Ace Ventura/Jim Carrey
Kick @#$ Chick- Linda Hamilton T2
Leading Lady-Kate Winslett Titanic
Action Hero-Christian Bale, The Dark Knight
6 Man- Kevin Spacey, American Beauty
Bench Glue Guy- Brat Pitt Oceans 11
Bench Villain- Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Mascott- Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men

I figure 8-10 owners is where we should stop at.  I don't want to dillute what we're doin. 

Johnny
MrO
Dub
CP

Possibilities as owners, anyone else think this is doable? 

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

The elderly version of her coming out of the room wiping her chin was the single most disturbing scene so far.

*Nodding grimly*

Coach/Director
PG/Leading Man
SG/Comedic Role
SF/Kick @#$ Chick
PF/Leading Lady
C/Action Hero-Super Hero
6 Man/Dramatic Role
Bench Guy/Glue Guy-Character Role
Bench Guy/VillainMascot/Utility Role- Anybody that stood out

This is not a go yet, this is merely us discussing, no one is locked in or on board yet, just floatin ideas.  MrO, you said 2000's only, let's open that up, let's go 1990-2011.  Give us a little more leeway.  I still think we could just go all time and be fine, but if you want to restrict it a bit that's fine, I just don't think I can handle the inevitable 90's draft, 80's draft, 70's draft, etc. 
laugh.gif
  This is what I have in mind, thoughts?  Just an example role off the top of my dome

Director-Ridley Scott, Gladiator
Leading Man- Harrison Ford, The Fugitive
Comedic-Ace Ventura/Jim Carrey
Kick @#$ Chick- Linda Hamilton T2
Leading Lady-Kate Winslett Titanic
Action Hero-Christian Bale, The Dark Knight
6 Man- Kevin Spacey, American Beauty
Bench Glue Guy- Brat Pitt Oceans 11
Bench Villain- Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Mascott- Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men

I figure 8-10 owners is where we should stop at.  I don't want to dillute what we're doin. 

Johnny
MrO
Dub
CP

Possibilities as owners, anyone else think this is doable? 

I could dig that list.

And American Horror Story is my favorite new show on tv. Very worth watching as long as you don't try and analyze everything. Just let the storyline develop and enjoy the ride.

I could dig that list.

And American Horror Story is my favorite new show on tv. Very worth watching as long as you don't try and analyze everything. Just let the storyline develop and enjoy the ride.

Sounds like a lot of you guys watch American Horror Story. It looked really cheap to me, is it good?
nerd.gif

I hate that I love it. It's car crash television. Johnny is right on about not reading too much into it and just letting it happen, but that's difficult for me. I know that it'll ultimately piss me off, writing-wise, but I continue to watch and set myself up for defeat.

As far as horror and debauchery go, it is pretty wonderful, and probably the show I look forward to most right now. I don't think there's ever been anything like it.

nerd.gif

I hate that I love it. It's car crash television. Johnny is right on about not reading too much into it and just letting it happen, but that's difficult for me. I know that it'll ultimately piss me off, writing-wise, but I continue to watch and set myself up for defeat.

As far as horror and debauchery go, it is pretty wonderful, and probably the show I look forward to most right now. I don't think there's ever been anything like it.

Johnny
MrO
Dub
CP
Big J
Kev, you know all 5 of us are staring at your chest right now, you going to accept or decline? 
laugh.gif

And AHS, I'm not sure how much more they can upset me with Tami Taylor right now.  Her sitting up with something buzzing in her hand is right on the threshold.  I damn near want coach Taylor to come in and put a stop to this. 
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Johnny
MrO
Dub
CP
Big J
Kev, you know all 5 of us are staring at your chest right now, you going to accept or decline? 
laugh.gif

And AHS, I'm not sure how much more they can upset me with Tami Taylor right now.  Her sitting up with something buzzing in her hand is right on the threshold.  I damn near want coach Taylor to come in and put a stop to this. 
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Tried to watch Whitney tonight. The laugh track was just too much for me. I couldn't get through the whole show. I don't know how network execs still think laugh tracks are necessary. I know when a bit on a show is worth laughing about -- I don't need the show to tell me.

Tried to watch Whitney tonight. The laugh track was just too much for me. I couldn't get through the whole show. I don't know how network execs still think laugh tracks are necessary. I know when a bit on a show is worth laughing about -- I don't need the show to tell me.

Back
Top Bottom