Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Introduced my father in law to Sicario & Hell or High Water today. He loved both. We going to take him out to eat & see Sicario 2 for his birthday...

He liked both movies enough that he’s going to buy them on disc to put into his rotation to watch (he’s retired)...

Introduced my father in law to Sicario & Hell or High Water today. He loved both. We going to take him out to eat & see Sicario 2 for his birthday...

He liked both movies enough that he’s going to buy them on disc to put into his rotation to watch (he’s retired)...
Gotta show him Wind River then.

A Quiet Place 6.5/8 - One of the best movies of the year so far. The silence the film demands from the audience was my favorite part about it. Everyone was on edge and there's nothing you could do until the credits rolled.

Paddington 5/8 - I get the appeal. It didn't have the plot/laughs I was hoping for. Pretty surprised there's a sequel.

Lords of Salem 2/8 - Zombie has completely lost me with this and 31... shock value for shock value doesn't work when your characters and plot are weak. I respect the Adam Sandler-esque approach to his films by casting all of his buddies and his wife but they just don't deliver anymore.

I can't wait to get Molly's Game on Blu Ray tomorrow. I friggin loved it when I saw it at the start of the year.

A Quiet Place was greatness, and my theater had me and the wife wanting to punch people out, some dude in a squeaky *** chair, bunch of dumb *** teenagers, and some broad had the nerve to open the friggin side door in the middle of the film. :lol: But yeah, overall, I loved the way it was shot, acted, everything. Gotta be the shortest cast list in history, no? But really, really well done, I wonder if it could get any sort of Oscar love, I don't think it'd be a heavy fav or winner or anything, but I hope it gets some noms at least.

Was just gonna reply to him and say that a sequel was in the works.

Movie had me in tears, man.

My dude Nick brought Stu as his plus one to the masquerade ball...

:rofl:

I need to watch it again.

Vlad's reaction to Stu when he tells him that he can poke people on facebook, :lol:

And yea, A Quiet Place was amazing and it's a must see in theatres, IMO.

I finished Orphan Black and was entertained.

I really like the show although it was over the top at times.

Only knock is season 5, it became confusing of you wasn't paying attention. A lot of going in and out of characters for convenience purposes and o don't think they did a good job closing things up.

However, a small knock on a what I think great tv show.

Last edited:
Watched Paterno last night.

Pacino killed it :pimp: you almost feel bad for Joe Pa throughout, til you remember he was just as much as a scumbag for not speaking out further. Especially the very end scene :smh: .

A Quiet Place is more of a very good film than a very scary movie. I was disappointed it wasn't a little more scary.

I watched The Ritual on Netflix about two days before and found it much more engrossing, as it was much more horrifying. A Quiet Place tells a much better film, but it's being advertised a little incorrectly, IMO.

Unrelated, but excited to watch the Andre the Giant Doc!

I finished Orphan Black and was entertained.

I really like the show although it was over the top at times.

Only knock is season 5, it became confusing of you wasn't paying attention. A lot of going in and out of characters for convenience purposes and o don't think they did a good job closing things up.

However, a small knock on a what I think great tv show.

i aint like the castor twist

thought they shoulda just had more clones

Need to check out A Quiet Place and Isle of Dogs.

I want to start getting through my backlog of movies to watch, but I also kind of want to do an MCU binge leading up to Infinity War

Back
Top Bottom