Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Laguna Beach is a step too far. Wasn't good and was never a fan of those shows you aint sure if it's scripted or reality TV :lol:

All the homies lowkey watched OC and only revealed we watched it and discussed it when high.

Nathan-Spoiler-Pictures-one-tree-hill-5233019-660-440.jpg

The realism is off the charts, just look at how many people are in attendance.

I watched One Tree Hill and The OC all the way through, but that's the extent of these types of shows for me I think. They were around the same era, I'd be surprised if there was one I watched all the way through that I'm not thinking of.

Like Summer in The OC, I was definitely into Nathan's girlfriend/wife in One Tree Hill.

Today marks six years since one of the greatest to ever grace the screen passed away . I don’t think I’ve ever seen an actor say so much with just the look of his eyes and the masterful use of body language. When you want to talk about acting as an art form, this is the guy you use as an example. RIP James Gandolfini.

TOP 5 OF ALL TIME. No order.
Gandolfini.
De Niro.
DDL.
Brando.
______.

Today marks six years since one of the greatest to ever grace the screen passed away . I don’t think I’ve ever seen an actor say so much with just the look of his eyes and the masterful use of body language. When you want to talk about acting as an art form, this is the guy you use as an example. RIP James Gandolfini.

TOP 5 OF ALL TIME. No order.
Gandolfini.
De Niro.
DDL.
Brando.
______.

Of all time is a tough one. Hard to argue those 4. Nicholson, Denzel, or Hopkins would be my 5th. Might have to revisit this

Just came back from seeing booksmart. Terrible movie. Too much feminist propaganda. 4/10. I left 20 minutes before it ended. Its trying to be as good as superbad but it can never be. Late on this but don't waste your money.

Just came back from seeing booksmart. Terrible movie. Too much feminist propaganda. 4/10. I left 20 minutes before it ended. Its trying to be as good as superbad but it can never be. Late on this but don't waste your money.
Damn. Never even heard of this ‘til your review but critics seem to love it.

Anyone remember the name of that comedy that’s suppose to be about 3 middle school aged kids with the trailer that looked pretty funny? Two white kids and a black one? When’s that set to release?

Nathan-Spoiler-Pictures-one-tree-hill-5233019-660-440.jpg

The realism is off the charts, just look at how many people are in attendance.

I watched One Tree Hill and The OC all the way through, but that's the extent of these types of shows for me I think. They were around the same era, I'd be surprised if there was one I watched all the way through that I'm not thinking of.

Like Summer in The OC, I was definitely into Nathan's girlfriend/wife in One Tree Hill.

Nathan was really a legend! He smashed Petyon, Brooke, Hailey James, Hailey James' sister Taylor, took money from a booster, somehow maintained his eligibility, ended up at Maryland in the Final Four, survived going through a glass window, became a Slam Ball All Star, and finally made it to the NBA.

The stuff dreams are made of!

The OC was great in its first season. It was still a teenage soap, but it was witty, clever, funny, good soundtrack, likable characters in Seth, Sandy, Ryan, good villains, etc. It dropped off and became a cheesy soap.

One Tree Hill was always kind of bad, but the basketball hook got me... and the pseudo Shakespearian storylines of Dan, Nathan, and Lucas, as well as Lucas' literary quotes and what not. I still remember watching a dog literally eat Dan's new heart and I thought I was going to ascend directly into heaven at that moment.

Can you list and describe what was feminist propaganda?

I'm tired of that cop out complaint as if thats the only kind of propaganda that exists in movies or if viewers even know what propaganda looks like in a movie.

Anyone remember the name of that comedy that’s suppose to be about 3 middle school aged kids with the trailer that looked pretty funny? Two white kids and a black one? When’s that set to release?

Last edited:
Can you list and describe what was fe.inist propaganda?

I'm tired of that cop out complaint as if thats the only kind of propaganda that exists in movies or if viewers even know what propaganda looks like in a movie.

Yea, I read that post and dude is just tripping. Ain’t no kind of “feminist propaganda” happening in that film, it’s just the female version of Superbad. Also I don’t think it was as good as Superbad but why can’t it never be as good as Superbad? Is it because it stars women?

Never liked the show much but got sent to private school in napa during its peak so it was shoved down my throat :lol:

Back
Top Bottom