Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Julius Carry (RIP). You should have won a best supporting actor award for Sho Nuff. Brilliant.

I want to see someone do an action movie where it starts with that scene where like a mob boss or evil villain is mad as ****, chewing his henchmen out, and usually just kills one of them when it gets to that point, which is often. Gets to one, decides he's not having it, and he pops the boss in the head to save himself. Rest of the movie is just straight action survival a la The Raid and John Wick.

it's a good amount of action flicks where the protagonist is being chased vs actively going after the antagonist.

I know, but that's not point, I specifically just want to see a henchmen just not stand there and die.
_5_xV0.gif

Jay and Mark Duplass have some weird projects/Films/Series.
I mean they get out there on some of their content, it I’ve never seen a bad piece.
Fast forward to The Lady and the DALE.
First thought was “who TF cares about 20th century Motor Co and this automobile called the Dale”.....episode 2 has been playing all day so I finally caught the last 20minutes of it and just like that I’m reeled in.
What a story, man.
****s super WILD, very Duplass like.

I got about halfway through The Little Things and I finally fell asleep. I guess I can’t call it trash yet, but it was pretty bad.

-boring.

-usually with whodunnit murder mystery movies, you learn something new. A new investigation technique. Some cool fact about serial killers. ANYTHING. I didn’t learn anything from what I was watching. Nothing interesting at least.

-Denzel brought nothing to his role. Could have been Danny Glover as the cop and nothing would have changed.

-Remy Malek was awful from what I saw so far. I was rolling my eyes anytime he spoke. Dude was so extra it was annoying. Might be just be a bad script for him, a bad characterization that he came with, bad direction, or all three.

-Jared Leto was AWESOME. Guess I need to finish up, but I felt like I almost finished the movie before I got to see his parts. Dude should have been dominating screen time from the beginning. Instead we get fat washed Denzel shuffling around The entire movie.

-I love me a good crime thriller but this was not the move so far. My tentative rating is 4/8 but I don’t even know if I can get myself to go back and finish.

Yeah it wasn't that good. Sucks, because the cast had so much promise.

AdoredVainAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

That being said, Denzel and Leto were both good. Leto plays the creep role perfectly. That walk :lol:

The moment between Joe and Jimmy's family when they were eating breakfast was pretty touching. That was literally the high point for me. Denzel killed that scene.

Rami was not a good pick for this project IMO

5.1/8

The Little Things was a huge disappointment. Denzel flat & replaceable, Rami was real annoying, and Leto wasn't at this best. Boring story too.

2/8 if we're being totally fair.

Spider-Man_2_(2004)-1.jpg

Some thoughts.

1. There have been 3 Spiderman 2's in my lifetime 😯

Might see 4 if you count the Miles animated movie.

2. Kristen Dunst is not it.

3. Donell Rawlings is in this lol

4. The last great "comic" movie.

I just think this genre has evolved into something more then just being a comic popcorn flick.

5. The surgery scene lead straight into the bank scene 😯

I was never a tobey fan, but obviously loved these movies when they came out

and I was a huge same raimi fan because I saw army of the dead when I was way too young.. and darkman too

i can still watch those movies and appreciate the Sam raimi-ness of them and the first 2 evil deads.. need to rewatch drag me to hell

but those Spider-Man movies have not aged well to me.. Especially with how clearly great spiderverse was and how understatedly great homecoming was and just how refreshing MCU Spider-Man has been on the whole

Finally caught The Little Things. Pretty straight-forward no frills thriller. Denzel and Rami were OK at best. Solid performance from Leto though we know he could do better. The score was pretty good, though. Disappointing but I was entertained at the very least.

4/8.

I’ve prolly seen every Van Damme flick from the 80’s-late 90’s. Prob every Arnold, Chuck Norris, Stallone, and Bruce Willis flick too.
Why don’t I remember these movies being this flagrant?? :rofl:

homie had the Kentucky waterfall fully flowing. Dude is Belgian IRL. No hands on the whip, front flippin over trucks, 5 shots makes the truck explode? Why doesn’t ANY of this seem familiar :lol:

I’ve prolly seen every Van Damme flick from the 80’s-late 90’s. Prob every Arnold, Chuck Norris, Stallone, and Bruce Willis flick too.
Why don’t I remember these movies being this flagrant?? :rofl:

homie had the Kentucky waterfall fully flowing. Dude is Belgian IRL. No hands on the whip, front flippin over trucks, 5 shots makes the truck explode? Why doesn’t ANY of this seem familiar :lol:

Hard Taget :pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

Back
Top Bottom