Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I bought the Four Brothers DVD shortly after it released and have probably seen the movie 10+ times. Haven't seen it in several years though and gonna have to revisit.

Winter staple for me

IMG-1260.jpg

Can we talk about how trash Netflix is?

horrible selection
Straight garbage originals
Can’t give a star rating, just thumbs up/down
No exclusive rights to the blockbusters
No early theatrical co-releases

You can’t even customize the damn categories that pop up on the home page. For instance, my girls account has TWO 90’s movies categories. I don’t have that. And I can’t add that. I can’t search for 90’s movies and get a list longer than 20 films. What the hell man, this should not be a thing.

Most of the categories are useless. “Trending now. Popular on Netflix. Top 10 movies in the US. New releases.” Those can all be one god damn category. Burn it down.

^^
Years ago, I remember the CEO of Netflix saying that their goal was to become HBO before HBO became them. HBO Max killed all that. Disney+ was the cake topper.

Not having enough original content is what did them in once the major networks started launching their own streaming services and started pulling content.

They saw all that coming but seemed to go with analytics to pick their original programming rather than like an HBO that might take a risk.

Since we’re on streaming services, Amazon Prime has an alternate cut of Wanderlust. Same story arc, but made up of all alternative/deleted scenes. I wouldn’t say it was good, but interesting to see.

Makes you appreciate how much stuff gets shot that doesn’t make the theatrical release. Probably a higher volume with a comedy movie where they do a lot of improv, but still. Interesting.

Can we talk about how trash Netflix is?

horrible selection
Straight garbage originals
Can’t give a star rating, just thumbs up/down
No exclusive rights to the blockbusters
No early theatrical co-releases

You can’t even customize the damn categories that pop up on the home page. For instance, my girls account has TWO 90’s movies categories. I don’t have that. And I can’t add that. I can’t search for 90’s movies and get a list longer than 20 films. What the hell man, this should not be a thing.

Most of the categories are useless. “Trending now. Popular on Netflix. Top 10 movies in the US. New releases.” Those can all be one god damn category. Burn it down.
Netflix as far as suggestions are all based on algorithms.

Ya girl got those specific type of categories based off the movies and shows she watched. The only way yours would change is if you watched what she did but even then that isn't a guarantee due to what you have already watched. Its like YouTube in that way.

As cor everything else, yeah. Netflix unfortunately and fortunately has been the template and blueprint other streaming services can copy and improve upon. Amazon, Apple TV, and HBO Max are already better in certain ways.

Netflix is always gonna have mostly garbage original content. They care about quantity over quality. Its more about having a huge selection than a good one when it comes to anything. That's why they also do deals to temporarily get some movies and shows.

Go without for awhile and you'll see you're not feeling like you're missing much other than the hyped up show or movie of the moment.

More Netflix slander smh. It's definitely not without its flaws but that said others apps have their shares of issues too. The My List and Continue Watching list are both standards though, while these seem simple you'd be surprised how other apps eff it up. While the search isn't always ideal it does work well in many ways though.

Netflix will come out with some certified bangers tho. Squid Game, Stranger Things, Mindhunter. There's a lot. Maybe it's not consistent and their movies are 99% of the time garbage of the stankiest order, but they do hit the target every now and then. Definitely worth the price of a movie ticket once a month (IN MY OPINION).

Netflix is just a thing you have now. You don't even think about it. I watch more tv on Hulu, better original programmi on HBO Max, Disney for marvel and the Simpsons. They have some shows I like and there's enough movies to find something good. If it was my only service I'd be bummed though. But if I only had to pick one it would probably be that.

I haven’t seen Best Man Holiday since it was in Theaters.
Damn this joint is fire.
Aged so well.
Tyler Perry joints really put FILMS like this on a Pedestal.

Last edited:
The NETFLIX slander is mind blowing to me.
It’s by far the best STREAMING service out.
Nothing compares when it comes to Original Content outside of HBO, nothing.

The setup is super trash, but that’s the only time that adjective can be used.

I have the plan where I have 5 accounts that can be used, and that’s because my Sisters 3 kids kept filling my account with cartoons and ****. Finally named my acct DONT FING TOUCH, loading my watch up with thousands of rooms, **** gets me hot just thinking about it.

Not gonna hold you, but I think HBO Max is the best streaming service there is, but it's kinda cheating. HBO itself was fire. Going solely off MAX shows, they're lacking, but the back catalog of movies & TV is ****ing insane. HBO GOT EM.

But...the almighty but...Netflix has an unpredictable phenomenon show every damn year and I defy you to find any other streaming service that does that. And then they'll have 3-4 hit shows every year too. And just random nuggets of good that you get recommended out of the abyss. Not even HBO can do all that.

It's a crazy run that's wildly unsustainable and churns out a lot of trash, but uh...Prime who? Outside of Marvel & Star Wars, what has Disney+ done for you? Everybody, wave at Paramount+... Peaco---lemme stop.

We're gonna miss Netflix when the dust finally settles, probably in similar ways to Moviepass.

All that being said, most of the time Netflix sucks.

The quality level of Netflix original programming is perplexing. Even when they have good acting/directing talent attached to projects, the stuff turn out never is much better than mid and is often worse. I don’t get it.

The only Nextflix original that I really like is Stranger Things.

Finally named my acct DONT FING TOUCH, loading my watch up with thousands of rooms, **** gets me hot just thinking about it.
Jesus you were meant to live now in these times don’t let anyone tell you different.

HBO Max and Prime are the best (if you have a roommate who has the SHO and Starz add-ons on their Prime account, because then the catalog runs DEEP).

I'm with all of you on the Netflix + everything else mess. It's annoying as hell. For one, you have to have Netflix, HBO, Disney, Paramount, Peacock, Discovery, Amazon........on top of all that, I have Directv. :lol: :smh:

So I saw a billboard today for an animated Santa show on HBO Max starring the voices of Seth Rogen and Sarah Silverman. It's apparently and "adult" cartoon with tons of profanility. I probably won't watch it, but I find it an interesting concept -- especially with the two leads being Jewish :lol: Guaranteed some complains about it.

Back
Top Bottom