Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched Power of the Dog on Friday night and maaan I just couldn't get into this one, I usually don't mind slow burns where there's at least something brewing. This movie just moved at a snail's pace and nothing big was happening at all, the scenery was well done and while the relationship between Cumberland and Kodi was sometimes interesting it just wasn't enough to keep my interest. Didn't really care about the relationship with Cumberland and Plemons, movie didn't dive into why they were such polar opposites. Nearly fell asleep a few times during viewing and definitely don't have the urge to revisit.

A movie was a slow burn I liked recently was Kevin Costner's Let Him Go.

Watched Power of the Dog on Friday night and maaan I just couldn't get into this one, I usually don't mind slow burns where there's at least something brewing. This movie just moved at a snail's pace and nothing big was happening at all, the scenery was well done and while the relationship between Cumberland and Kodi was sometimes interesting it just wasn't enough to keep my interest. Didn't really care about the relationship with Cumberland and Plemons, movie didn't dive into why they were such polar opposites. Nearly fell asleep a few times during viewing and definitely don't have the urge to revisit.

Even though the son killed Phil with anthrax hide when Phil was crafting the rope? This **** was undercover makin moves on viewers :lol:

A movie was a slow burn I liked recently was Kevin Costner's Let Him Go.

I don't what it was, but man I loved this movie.

I didn't realize before but Taylor Sheridan is THE MAN

Sicario 1 & 2
Yellowstone
Wind River
Hell or High Water
Without Remorse
Mayor of Kingstown

Mans been pumping out greatness :pimp:

Good actor too. Had no clue that was him (or who he was/what he looked like) on Yellowstone.

I didn't realize before but Taylor Sheridan is THE MAN

Sicario 1 & 2
Yellowstone
Wind River
Hell or High Water
Without Remorse
Mayor of Kingstown

Mans been pumping out greatness :pimp:

Good actor too. Had no clue that was him (or who he was/what he looked like) on Yellowstone.
Plus "Those Who Wish Me Dead"

What happened with Kimberly?
Didn't she do Felicity or one of the WB shows.
She was in Draft Day and then broke up with Ben Affleck
jennifer-garner.jpg
Kind of looks like Jennifer Garner

Paul Thomas Anderson said in a interview with The New Yorker that comic book films are good for cinema:

"Obviously it’s gotten even more complicated with streaming and the sort of overabundance of superhero movies. Most of the stuff I don’t take too seriously. I mean, it seems that there is a bit of a preoccupation with superhero films. I like them. It seems to be something that’s popular these days to sort of wonder if they’ve ruined movies and all this kind of stuff. I just don’t feel that way. I mean, look, we’re all nervous about people getting back to the theatre, but you know what’s going to get them back in movie theatres? “Spider-Man.” So let’s be happy about that."

The discussion surrounding blockbuster superhero films is polarizing, but as someone who loves indies and arthouse, but also enjoys the big marvel films, I think he's right. Theatres are able to survive because of these movies. After being in a theatre with like 5 other people in a screening of "The French Dispatch", we gotta give it to the blockbusters for letting us have the little movies.

link: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/t...l-thomas-anderson-on-what-makes-a-movie-great

Paul Thomas Anderson said in a interview with The New Yorker that comic book films are good for cinema:

"Obviously it’s gotten even more complicated with streaming and the sort of overabundance of superhero movies. Most of the stuff I don’t take too seriously. I mean, it seems that there is a bit of a preoccupation with superhero films. I like them. It seems to be something that’s popular these days to sort of wonder if they’ve ruined movies and all this kind of stuff. I just don’t feel that way. I mean, look, we’re all nervous about people getting back to the theatre, but you know what’s going to get them back in movie theatres? “Spider-Man.” So let’s be happy about that."

The discussion surrounding blockbuster superhero films is polarizing, but as someone who loves indies and arthouse, but also enjoys the big marvel films, I think he's right. Theatres are able to survive because of these movies. After being in a theatre with like 5 other people in a screening of "The French Dispatch", we gotta give it to the blockbusters for letting us have the little movies.

link: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/t...l-thomas-anderson-on-what-makes-a-movie-great
Ok. I actually want to see PTA do a superhero movie. Especially going off The Master and Magnolia.

I watched "I Care a Lot." yesterday. Weird flow to the movie, but I enjoyed it. Not believable in any sense, at any point, but it was a fun enough ride :lol: Rosamund did her thing; Eiza... *Joakim Noah meme*; Dinklage was funny and did a good job too. Overall I think it falls somewhere around 5/8. Not a waste of time and it had some great chemistry between everybody, but nothing ground breaking and not something I think I'll revisit in the future.

Back
Top Bottom