Ok lets grow up and stop hating on fusions already

A take a very simple approach to shoes. If it looks good, wear it. I wouldnt wear any of the fusions cept for AFJ IV white/reds

indifferent.gif

I admit, I have the fusion XIIIs, but my girl bought them for me for Christmas. In fact they sparked me to get back into the shoe game that I had paused on for a couple years. Made me decide to go back and start knocking off some of the kicks I didn't get back in the day. I don't even wear them that much now, because looking at them just makes me cringe. Not that they're all that bad, but it's just a reminder of what JB is now. I'm not gonna go on this rant about JB perverting classics or nothin like that, but like dude said, if you're gonna spend this kind of time/effort, then just start retro'ing everything! But I'll admit this, I am always if nothing else entertained by what JB some up with.

I'm 31 and been in the shoe game 20+ yrs, with that said I think the only fusions I liked were the black/white XII but I didn't copp them. The rest of the fusions are pretty much garbage to me and way overpriced. Fusions should retail at $100 at the most. I think all Jumpan shoes are garbage too, even the one's from the 90's. The only Jumpman shoe I ever liked were the Vin Baker's and I copped those when they dropped in '99. The rest of the Jumpans are hot garbage, especially the Jeter's.

You like em that's your opinion, and some of em do look decent, I guess. But I wouldn't waste over $100-120 on shoes that look like other shoes.

Fusions suck. But people who buy them usually are too young to watch Jordan play and doesn't understand what the numberered air jordan line means. And then there are those people who buy whatever is new coming out because that's the trend for them. They think what's new automaticly means hot.

Originally Posted by Mark Madsen

Originally Posted by cubsfan455

your an idiot OP....

personal attacks aren't allowed on the board.  you should read the rules next time.

I see what you're doing here... I swear OP made this thread to get people pissed off at him and suspended... Looking back on it, this thread is garbage. It's been discussed a million times already. Did you really need to make a new thread on it or bring this topic back up? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm not guna knock you for wearing those abominations of my beloved Jordans. I just choose not to buy them. Maybe you should read the rules about posting repeated thread topics. I'm surprised this isn't locked up already....

they look cool and its a stylish mix of old school and new school.

How can you say they are a mix of old school and new school??? AF1 is fr 82 and the J's are fr late 80's/90's...and we all grown enough to have our own opinions and they are pure hot juicy GARBAGE...

Go ahead, i'll always hate fusions I don't care what they are, too many people that don't even know about J's wear them and think they are bad or somethin'. Fusions are terrriiibllleee no questions, Looks like i'll never grow up because these will never grow on me...

i have fusion xii blk/white ,fusion V white/blk/red, black/red (icy bottom), white/red/royal blue, white/orange peel/gray only ones i like onluy ones i bought (ALL OVER 1/2 PRICE) enough said.....

I like some of them. If they would've just dropped the 12's and left it alone it wouldve been fine. The 3's, 4s, 5, and 6's are cool. But, now they are doin too much.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by cubsfan455

your an idiot OP....

personal attacks aren't allowed on the board.  you should read the rules next time.

I see what you're doing here... I swear OP made this thread to get people pissed off at him and suspended... Looking back on it, this thread is garbage. It's been discussed a million times already. Did you really need to make a new thread on it or bring this topic back up? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm not guna knock you for wearing those abominations of my beloved Jordans. I just choose not to buy them. Maybe you should read the rules about posting repeated thread topics. I'm surprised this isn't locked up already....

i could care less about fusions but without trying to sound like a mini mod rather then personal attack he could have just ignored the thread.

that being said,  jb dropped the ball on fusions completely in my book,  i think it was a good idea that was poorly executed.  if the shoes looked good, people would buy them regardless of the fact that their an abomination of older jordans. however they look like crap and i see them as little kid shoes.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

It's so the pot calling the kettle black.

We used to love team jordans when they came out in 1997 and 1998 but we hate fusions and talk down upon them like their trash.

Theirs some decent colorways and fusions that have came out like the fusion ix's and the fusion v's so all im saying is lets stop the hate on fusions.

They sell out of most stores for a reason, because they look cool and its a stylish mix of old school and new school.
First off, The team Jordans that came out then had their own personality. They were not a frankenstein of all different Jordans put together. It's one thing to come up with a whole new original shoe design and people not like them, but to give a half assed effort to combine the AF1 with a classic Jordan? No Thank You. I will agree that there are some decent looking ones. (The only one I liked was the White Cement III. ONLY because it looks close to the OG III.) But I don't think you saying let's stop the hate will stop it. I'm sorry man, but the vast majority of the Fusions are
sick.gif
. Why bother spending $150 on a cheap one off of a Retro when you can add some a little more money and buy the Retro? It's like saying the Hyundai Genesis looks like an S Class Mercedes so I will buy the Hyundai to save some money. No Thanks.

It all boils down to this man. I grew up watching Michael Jordan play in the Air Jordans. From dropping 63 on the Celtics in the playoffs to the Last Shot in the Finals, each event was in a signature Air Jordan. The Air Jordan line means more to me than any other shoe out there only because I was fortunate enough to see MJ play in them. When I see a shoe, it brings me back to the year they originally released and also other memories of that time period. I could care less about something that tarnishes such a great and memorable experience for myself. It actually offends me that they would butcher the original releases. If they just release quality retros in OG colorways, they will sell. No need to expand to garbage like the Fusions.

I'm glad there's people like you that like these so you buy and JB can stay in business and keep churning out Retros for me. And BTW, they don't sell out in the stores. Have you visited a Nike Outlet lately? It's tough to find a retro on the shelves, but you can find multiple pairs of the Fusions sitting on the shelves. The fusions get shipped back to Nike and they ship them out to the outlets. Good luck finding a hot retro at an outlet.
This man speaks the truth. Hype kids please continue to support the Fusion Line
smokin.gif
tongue.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

I hate fusion and will never own a pair. Fusion are a disgrace to Air Jordan's. But this is my opinion, If people like fusions and want to buy them then good for them. I don't care what other people want to wear.  I don't need to grow up because I think fusions are ugly  If you like them then you buy them Ill stick to I-XX3.

My man
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom