Older NT Heads chime in. VOL. Real World >

You guys have experience so help out some people on this board.

I am on my 2nd year of college. Joined a Frat first semester and had ALOT of fun. This semester I moved to my own spot with my boys and now have to pay to bein it.

I wasn't about that so I got a job. I manage a store right now and work 40 hours a week. Only off days are Tues/Thurs. Don't get to see fam, friends orparty much.

My boys and fam tell me it's not worth it and to quit and enjoy college. But I am infuated with what money brings and like where I'm at. DO you think Iwill regret it later on in life?
Not utilizing college and wasting it by working?

If you don't have something nice to say please don't say it at all. Just go on to the next topic.

As someone who is on their 4th year of college and is just now working, I would say it all depends on what type of person you are. My first year of college Iwent crazy at FSU but all the partying became so redundant that I soon began sick of it. I've learned over the past two years that I enjoy making moneyand of course things that you can acquire from it. I personally would have spent my sophomore and junior year just working and going to class rather thanpartying all of the time, atleast you develope a good work ethic and I also believe you develope a greater appreciation for education as you witness coworkerswho weren't blessed with the same opportunities as you. On the other hand there are those who live for the "college life." You simply have toask yourself whither thats you or not.

Make sure you balance work and schoolwork. If you're padding your bank account while your GPA falls below 3.0, then it's time to cut down your workhours and devote more time to school.

Back
Top Bottom