Olive 9s holiday 2024

The younger crowd (my generation and younger) don't really mess with 9s like that so these shouldn't be too hard to get, so long as they're not limited. Would like these to be my first pair of 9s as I've never owned a pair before. Hope we can get White/Black 9s again soon since they last released in 2016.

Hopefully we start getting pics soon, and hopefully with the new mold for the midsole they’ll use a softer material from the previous retro 9’s.
Well probably get a better idea how they will feel on feet based on what people say about the upcoming Powder Blue 9's since I'm assuming thats the mold they will be using on any 9's going forward

I’ve always found it weird how people like these now. In 94’ not a SINGLE person at my school had these. NOT ONE. The white/black was the most popular color by a good margin, Charcoals were second, and then the Powders were 3rd. People actually seem to like these more than Charcoals which is utterly insane to me.

I’ve always found it weird how people like these now. In 94’ not a SINGLE person at my school had these. NOT ONE. The white/black was the most popular color by a good margin, Charcoals were second, and then the Powders were 3rd. People actually seem to like these more than Charcoals which is utterly insane to me.
I don’t remember finding them as easily in 94. I don’t think they ever made a lot of them. And Jordan never played an NBA game in the model which never helped its popularity then or now.

I had a pair of the OG’s…Bought them sometime during the summer of 1995 from the Nike clearance store for $39.99…

I never saw anyone else wearing them though…In point of fact I never saw anyone wearing the Charcoal’s and Powder’s either…Only ones that got any shine was the white / black pair 🤷‍♂️…Not sure if that was a reflection of the shoes themselves though…People were geared up with Barkley’s and LJ’s (Vegas so of course) Cons by that point…People didn’t get back on the Jordan kick around this way until the Concords 11’s dropped…

When the first retro came around people disliked them so much they all started dying the mudguard black…Got so prevalent that a couple of the smaller mom & pops actually took the step to dye them themselves and sell the damn things like that :lol:

I guess when a sneaker doesn't release for a long time it starts building a fanbase and people come to appreciate it more. Also you gotta factor in theres a lot of old and new sneakerheads that collect all the og colorways regardless if they are popular or not.

It's like aqua 5's and 8's. Over time peoples fondness for them grew, because they weren't the typical Chicago colors.

At the time, earth tone colors like browns and olive was unheard of on a sneaker. I was the only kid at my high school with the olives. The 9 itself wasn't a popular model at that time because MJ wasn't playing in the league (I always wanted the all black version he wore while playing baseball, but they never released as a sneaker). I think now, they will be a first day sell out, especially if they make them limited like the last release

At the time, earth tone colors like browns and olive was unheard of on a sneaker. I was the only kid at my high school with the olives. The 9 itself wasn't a popular model at that time because MJ wasn't playing in the league (I always wanted the all black version he wore while playing baseball, but they never released as a sneaker). I think now, they will be a first day sell out, especially if they make them limited like the last release

Do you have pics of the pair you're referring to. The all black version are you referring to the PE's some NBA players were wearing?

The only time i ever seen anyone wear these was around 94-95 while playing basketball in the park mind you this is in NYC, someone had them on and that was the only person i ever saw anyone with them on.

Do you have pics of the pair you're referring to. The all black version are you referring to the PE's some NBA players were wearing?

He's talking about these...

Screenshot_20240304-121011.png
Screenshot_20240304-121053.png
Screenshot_20240304-121232.png

I think I got my pair on sale. But i loved them. But no one else rocked them. I still have them but they broke apart.Still have ima bag.

I had a pair of the OG’s…Bought them sometime during the summer of 1995 from the Nike clearance store for $39.99…

I never saw anyone else wearing them though…In point of fact I never saw anyone wearing the Charcoal’s and Powder’s either…Only ones that got any shine was the white / black pair 🤷‍♂️…Not sure if that was a reflection of the shoes themselves though…People were geared up with Barkley’s and LJ’s (Vegas so of course) Cons by that point…People didn’t get back on the Jordan kick around this way until the Concords 11’s dropped…

When the first retro came around people disliked them so much they all started dying the mudguard black…Got so prevalent that a couple of the smaller mom & pops actually took the step to dye them themselves and sell the damn things like that :lol:

Black and white only one people rocked. .Olivez nope. Powder Blue nope. Only reason it was hot with us was our school colors were also powder blue. Charcoals hardcore shoe heads loved but most ignored it.

Olives were WAYYYY ahead of their time as a colorway. They reminded me of a comfy boot lol, black tee or sweater, jeans and olives all day.

Just not a lot of pics or promo for it outside the original commercial

1709574458095.jpeg

Black and white only one people rocked. .Olivez nope. Powder Blue nope. Only reason it was hot with us was our school colors were also powder blue. Charcoals hardcore shoe heads loved but most ignored it.

Olives were WAYYYY ahead of their time as a colorway. They reminded me of a comfy boot lol, black tee or sweater, jeans and olives all day.

Just not a lot of pics or promo for it outside the original commercial

1709574458095.jpeg
Nike was very hesitant about making a lot of IX’s because they had no idea how they’d sell without him playing. It’d never happened with a shoe before. I think a lot of it comes down to that.

Those weren't PE's the players were wearing. Those were customized pairs. At that time, people and customizers just used the Kiwi black shoe polish over the olive mudguard. That made for an all black 9 that looked great actually! The black 9's I am referring to are the one's below that I figured would release, but never did

mj 9.JPG

Back
Top Bottom