On Its Way Out? Is The Manual Transmission Finally Saying Goodbye?

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

damn nothing but females posting

can you pop the clutch with them paddle shifter???? nope

Shut up dont u push a beat 240sx? Ur a clown step ur life game up.

lmao why dont you go somewhere with you metrocard.

lmao why dont you go somewhere with you metrocard.

Since when have Lamborghini and Ferrari set trends in the general automotive world? Manual transmissions aren't going anywhere any time soon. You're talking about two automakers that probably represent less than .001% of the vehicles on the road. Their influence on what the general public drives is minimal.

It's pointless to argue about personal preference when it comes to which transmission to use. Whatever fits the need. If we're arguing about masculinity, I would wager that plenty of the people calling others out don't even know how to change their own oil. I've always felt like changing the oil on your vehicle was a rite of passage as a man.

I won't disagree that the driving experience and the amount of control/feel you have over your vehicle is superior with a manual transmission, but you can't ignore the fact that technology can and outright will render human input obsolete when it comes to the accuracy and efficiency of shifting. That doesn't mean that the manual transmission will disappear, as there will always be a demand for it, but technology will outpace man (if it hasn't already). Doesn't the 370Z have some kind of computer controlled synchro rev matching when you downshift? The kind of skill that was typically only mastered by a small percentage of manual drivers, but now achievable by whomever gets behind the wheel?

Since when have Lamborghini and Ferrari set trends in the general automotive world? Manual transmissions aren't going anywhere any time soon. You're talking about two automakers that probably represent less than .001% of the vehicles on the road. Their influence on what the general public drives is minimal.

It's pointless to argue about personal preference when it comes to which transmission to use. Whatever fits the need. If we're arguing about masculinity, I would wager that plenty of the people calling others out don't even know how to change their own oil. I've always felt like changing the oil on your vehicle was a rite of passage as a man.

I won't disagree that the driving experience and the amount of control/feel you have over your vehicle is superior with a manual transmission, but you can't ignore the fact that technology can and outright will render human input obsolete when it comes to the accuracy and efficiency of shifting. That doesn't mean that the manual transmission will disappear, as there will always be a demand for it, but technology will outpace man (if it hasn't already). Doesn't the 370Z have some kind of computer controlled synchro rev matching when you downshift? The kind of skill that was typically only mastered by a small percentage of manual drivers, but now achievable by whomever gets behind the wheel?

what you mad at?
laugh.gif
I drive a beat s13 and a civic, both standard
pimp.gif

and Im good kid, at least I know how to drive a real car

what you mad at?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

There is no greater connection than the one between man and his stick-shift car. The harmony you create when you're synchronized with your vehicle is unmatched.

i've only gotten to experience driving a stick shift car for a small amount of time.. but i totally agree.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

There is no greater connection than the one between man and his stick-shift car. The harmony you create when you're synchronized with your vehicle is unmatched.

i've only gotten to experience driving a stick shift car for a small amount of time.. but i totally agree.

what you mad at?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You're being ignorant, that's why. M/t or not, they're all real cars. Check yourself. Driving a manual s13 and a civic makes you more of a man than someone driving an automatic c63 amg? It's not a manual, now is it? I'm not saying manual or automatic is better. I'm saying it's different. Doesn't make you a better man
smile.gif
and I drive both manual and automatic cars, in case you were thinking of a come back
smile.gif

what you mad at?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You're being ignorant, that's why. M/t or not, they're all real cars. Check yourself. Driving a manual s13 and a civic makes you more of a man than someone driving an automatic c63 amg? It's not a manual, now is it? I'm not saying manual or automatic is better. I'm saying it's different. Doesn't make you a better man
smile.gif
and I drive both manual and automatic cars, in case you were thinking of a come back
smile.gif

Originally Posted by kirbin

what you mad at?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

smile.gif
smile.gif

cause anybody including grannies can push the pedal to the metal with an auto.

Yes the c63 amg is a beast of a car, but it be even more fun to drive if it had came in a manual. Other cars in that category do (i.e. m3 and s4) and id take those two first over that merc

what you mad at?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

smile.gif
smile.gif

Yes the c63 amg is a beast of a car, but it be even more fun to drive if it had came in a manual. Other cars in that category do (i.e. m3 and s4) and id take those two first over that merc

^Not everybody cares about driving. It's a very small minority that do. I just flat out don't care that much about the harmony between myself and the car. I might in the future; right now, I don't.

^Not everybody cares about driving. It's a very small minority that do. I just flat out don't care that much about the harmony between myself and the car. I might in the future; right now, I don't.

Originally Posted by MOchi

what you mad at?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

smile.gif
smile.gif

Again, it's your preference. I understand you'd prefer the M3 or the S4, but it still doesn't make you, or Jose Bronx, more of a man just because you'd pick the manual
smile.gif
Just sayin. 
grin.gif

what you mad at?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

smile.gif
smile.gif

Again, it's your preference. I understand you'd prefer the M3 or the S4, but it still doesn't make you, or Jose Bronx, more of a man just because you'd pick the manual
smile.gif
Just sayin. 
grin.gif

what you mad at?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif
Just sayin. 
grin.gif

Hate to say it, but yes it does
grin.gif
Man Law.

beside if driving standard wasn't consider masculine then dudes wouldnt be beasting when a girl knows how to drive stick. no pun.

what you mad at?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif
Just sayin. 
grin.gif

Hate to say it, but yes it does
grin.gif
Man Law.

beside if driving standard wasn't consider masculine then dudes wouldnt be beasting when a girl knows how to drive stick. no pun.

Ahh yes... the good old Man laws. Couldn't wait for that crap to be brought up.

What makes up a real man has nothing to do with the stuff he owns or likes.

I'm sounding like DC, I know.

Ahh yes... the good old Man laws. Couldn't wait for that crap to be brought up.

What makes up a real man has nothing to do with the stuff he owns or likes.

I'm sounding like DC, I know.

Back
Top Bottom