One Thing's For Sure, He Won't Steal Again...

Scarred for life possibly making him a tame reclusive lame for life or a mass murderer wanting revenge on humanity.

Don't agree with that at all. My son steals so lets get strangers to surround him and kick him around til he wets himself.

yooooo _ that! _ kick my kid, im bringin out the streetsweeper
*I used to boost from corporate america as a kid 
ohwell.gif

Little guy didnt have to get his face kicked or his hands smashed! Kid was crying for real, like they were gonna murder him. Dam sure I wouldnt be letting anyone touch my kids like that!

he was just a kid. i stole 4389258 times as a kid, but never grew in to me. until i knew better..they OD on that kid
...smh

this was pretty OD. but like someone a couple pages ago said, everyone only views this from our americanized/western perspective and culture. Different cultures have different priorities and ways of dealing with things. Again, i dont agree with the kicking and steppin on little dude's hands.

Originally Posted by mkc1983

The people in the vid speak in a Mandarin dialect that I have problems understanding, but from what I could understand, the kid got caught stealing. The guy doing the beating said he'd beat him to death. The old lady and the old men weren't really laughing, they felt bad for the kid. The old lady said "poor kid", the old man said "he had no choice".

This might be a homeless street kid. There's no homeless shelters or food banks for the homeless in China like there are in North America. People generally don't treat the homeless that well either. When I went to Beijing in 2002, I was at a food court in a mall and saw these two homeless guys (early 20s) that were waiting for people to finish eating and they would try to finish whatever is left over, what's even sadder is that the workers of the mall were quickly trying to remove the plates/boxes before the homeless guys could get to them. Even when the homeless guys got to a plate, the workers would take it away from them before they had a chance to finish eating. I hope that puts into perspective the position of each of the persons involved in the video - the kid was most likely trying to survive, the person doing the beat down had no respect for the kid. However, I don't think a public beating is common in China, perhaps this kid stole from the man in the video numerous times before getting caught and the man took out all his frustrations.
Good read and explanation.  
A little extreme from the footage but who the hell am I to judge how people of other cultures handle their business. If this was in China, I am not surprise that ##%+ like that happens. Child abuse is nothing new there especially in public schools where teachers are known to kick, slap and punch kids for misbehaving. Like for example...

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

More than one way to skin a cat.

That was the wrong way.

Getting physical to teach a lesson is because of parents who are too lazy to do anything other than cause physical pain (which is obviously easy as HELL), or just don't know of anything else to do; usually a combination of both of those.

Originally Posted by kbweezy24

this was pretty OD. but like someone a couple pages ago said, everyone only views this from our americanized/western perspective and culture. Different cultures have different priorities and ways of dealing with things. Again, i dont agree with the kicking and steppin on little dude's hands.
thats a given but any way you slice it this is the wrong way. +!+@%+@ animals 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

30t6p3b.gif

And those who aren't accustomed to American culture could say the same thing about those who make millions of dollars but won't give a penny to a third world country. I am not condoning what was done here. But one is ignorant if they think that every culture which does something they aren't used to are savage animals. Ethnocentrism at it's finest.

PLENTY of kids are raised properly, with good manners and morals without parents ever laying a finger on them. PLENTY.

Originally Posted by scshift

30t6p3b.gif

And those who aren't accustomed to American culture could say the same thing about those who make millions of dollars but won't give a penny to a third world country. I am not condoning what was done here. But one is ignorant if they think that every culture which does something they aren't used to are savage animals. Ethnocentrism at it's finest.
i don't see where i said every culture that does something i'm not used to are savage animals. i'm just talking about this instance in particular. this is a CHILD and look how they're treating him. i know a thing or two about harsh parenting techniques coming from a russian/ukranian background too but this is plain wrong

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Getting physical to teach a lesson is because of parents who are too lazy to do anything other than cause physical pain (which is obviously easy as HELL), or just don't know of anything else to do; usually a combination of both of those.

Yes, well put. 

Originally Posted by Ghenges

PLENTY of kids are raised properly, with good manners and morals without parents ever laying a finger on them. PLENTY.

I definitely agree. I don't think hitting a kid has anything to do with their discipline. In my opinion making a kid work for hours and give up weekends/fun time is far more effective than physical harm, especially because kids get bored very easily. It'll make that experience unforgettable.

Originally Posted by scshift

i don't see where i said every culture that does something i'm not used to are savage animals. i'm just talking about this instance in particular. this is a CHILD and look how they're treating him. i know a thing or two about harsh parenting techniques coming from a russian/ukranian background too but this is plain wrong

Nah I agree with what you are saying. But I'm trying to add that just because what other cultures do and we as Westerners don't does not make them animals. In Eastern culture discipline is very strict and physical interaction between parents/children is far more prominent than Western culture... it doesn't make them wrong or "animals" per say, they just do things differently and we don't agree with what they do.

How do ANY of you know the father wouldn't beat the +#*! out of his kid when he got home? The father could've used a belt and whooped on him for 20 minutes after he made the little man kneel on grains of rice and then continue whooping on him with a bamboo stick. Until you've experienced Asian discipline, none of ya'll have the right to comment on whether or not this is "right". It ultimately boils down to cultural differences and I can tell you from experience, a whooping in a closed setting (especially at home) can be just as bad, if not worse. This is a beating AND lesson this kid will remember for the rest of his life -- potentially saving him from bigger crimes when he's older. When you want to get a lesson in, sometimes you have to take it to the extreme. Any child would cry to that extent if they were being hit...it's a natural reaction from children. Live and let live. If your kid is stealing at such a young age, any parent should be sure to discipline them in a manner where they'd remember that stealing will evoke severe punishments. What do you guys know about Asian punishments?

Personally, I'm not saying that it's alright for a beatdown from strangers but public humiliation isn't that bad of an idea. I mean if I was the kid's dad, I would've killed the man that kicked him in the head. What if the guy in the blue Nikes was the kid's father? Who the hell would you be to tell him how to raise his kid? Just like how it pains us to watch that video, people who don't enjoy civil liberties like we do here are laughing at how lax and ridiculous discipline is in the U.S.

^ its not about telling him how to raise his kid. like i said, different cultures deal with things differently, but i think there are some universal boundaries shared by most people. I agree that he could have just as well gotten an $%+ whoopin at home 10x worse...but i think it hits a soft spot for some people that this was done so publicly, and by individuals outside of the family (i think).

Back
Top Bottom