Only 2 teams in the east better than the Knicks?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I'm fine with the trade. You can develop a Chandler or Gallo. You cannot pass over a Melo. A hometown guy who wants to play for the city.

I hope you guys get JR Smith so he can mess up your chemistry. :smile:

This he is not.

13%20carmelo%20anthony%20car.JPG

14%20carmelo%20anthony%20car.JPG

15%20carmelo%20anthony%20car.JPG

7%20carmelo%20anthony%20car.JPG

9%20carmelo%20anthony%20car.JPG

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I'm fine with the trade. You can develop a Chandler or Gallo. You cannot pass over a Melo. A hometown guy who wants to play for the city.

I hope you guys get JR Smith so he can mess up your chemistry. :smile:

This he is not.

13%20carmelo%20anthony%20car.JPG

14%20carmelo%20anthony%20car.JPG

15%20carmelo%20anthony%20car.JPG

7%20carmelo%20anthony%20car.JPG

9%20carmelo%20anthony%20car.JPG

Originally Posted by DubA169

if by respect your core, you mean nobody would take deng's terrible contract, then sure

for the record, melo claimed new york, not the other way around. i didn't even know he wasn't born in baltimore until half a year ago

but hey, alot of new yorkers claim MJ, and 2pac so i guess melo can be claimed lolol
I think it was the Clippers that offered to take Deng's contract for random players to cut salaries- which the Bulls declined. His contract really isn't that bad when compared to other SFs and his excellent defense. We wanted him out to make space for LeBron. Not anymore.

Anyway it's true that Melo + Amare cannot contend for the title alone ... CP3 has to follow to NY for the Knicks to really compete.

They still aren't better then the Heat, Boston, Orlando, Bulls. I'm sorry but Melo + Amaare does not equal LeBron and Wade. And you do not have another good player like Bosh.

It would also help to play a game before evaluating them.

Originally Posted by DubA169

if by respect your core, you mean nobody would take deng's terrible contract, then sure

for the record, melo claimed new york, not the other way around. i didn't even know he wasn't born in baltimore until half a year ago

but hey, alot of new yorkers claim MJ, and 2pac so i guess melo can be claimed lolol
I think it was the Clippers that offered to take Deng's contract for random players to cut salaries- which the Bulls declined. His contract really isn't that bad when compared to other SFs and his excellent defense. We wanted him out to make space for LeBron. Not anymore.

Anyway it's true that Melo + Amare cannot contend for the title alone ... CP3 has to follow to NY for the Knicks to really compete.

They still aren't better then the Heat, Boston, Orlando, Bulls. I'm sorry but Melo + Amaare does not equal LeBron and Wade. And you do not have another good player like Bosh.

It would also help to play a game before evaluating them.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by youngin33

Why do people care so much about whether Melo is a true NYer or not? Does this really matter?

Dude is coming home to play in the sense that he was born in NY. Can we just leave it at that?

People just want to talk about stuff man. I don't know why that matters either but you know this is TMZ so it matters.

Obviously neither of you actually read the thread otherwise you would see that it was used as point for him coming to NYK and was refuted and proved to be an untruth. Other than that noone cared.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by youngin33

Why do people care so much about whether Melo is a true NYer or not? Does this really matter?

Dude is coming home to play in the sense that he was born in NY. Can we just leave it at that?

People just want to talk about stuff man. I don't know why that matters either but you know this is TMZ so it matters.

Obviously neither of you actually read the thread otherwise you would see that it was used as point for him coming to NYK and was refuted and proved to be an untruth. Other than that noone cared.

You cannot pass over a Melo. A hometown guy who wants to play for the city.

C'Mon man dude rocked myrtle ave on his sneakers and was reppin Baltimore until all the free agent craziness of last year , whatever , you NewYorkers can have him, Dengs having a fantastic season this year and with Noah coming back they should make some serious noise in the playoffs, and yeah I'm glad to see a possible chi vs ny rivalry renewed

You cannot pass over a Melo. A hometown guy who wants to play for the city.

C'Mon man dude rocked myrtle ave on his sneakers and was reppin Baltimore until all the free agent craziness of last year , whatever , you NewYorkers can have him, Dengs having a fantastic season this year and with Noah coming back they should make some serious noise in the playoffs, and yeah I'm glad to see a possible chi vs ny rivalry renewed

Originally Posted by Man E

In the summer when Lebron and Bosh joined Miami everyone assumed automatic championship. Now we have two players who are comparable (not 3) and we can't assume we'll be better than most other teams in the east?
We have Chauncey Billups running the point & ROY contender in fields. Let's not under rate ourselves now.

Lebron + Wade >>> Stat + Melo...Heat have Bosh who is >>>> than the 3rd best option in NY.  NY is absolutely putrid on defense.  If your name isn't Blake Griffin, you're not a contender for ROY.  Heat/Celts/Bulls can all shut teams down with their defense.  NY is starting Roney at C...please, Dwight would DEMOLISH him.  You have no bench/depth.  5th in the East at best, Hawks might still be better.

In the summer when Lebron and Bosh joined Miami everyone assumed automatic championship. Now we have two players who are comparable (not 3) and we can't assume we'll be better than most other teams in the east?
We have Chauncey Billups running the point & ROY contender in fields. Let's not under rate ourselves now.

Lebron + Wade >>> Stat + Melo...Heat have Bosh who is >>>> than the 3rd best option in NY.  NY is absolutely putrid on defense.  If your name isn't Blake Griffin, you're not a contender for ROY.  Heat/Celts/Bulls can all shut teams down with their defense.  NY is starting Roney at C...please, Dwight would DEMOLISH him.  You have no bench/depth.  5th in the East at best, Hawks might still be better.

Originally Posted by Juice2352

and the hawks just got better with Hinrich.

Celtics
Heat
Magic
Bulls
Hawks

are all equal if not better.

Originally Posted by Juice2352

and the hawks just got better with Hinrich.

Celtics
Heat
Magic
Bulls
Hawks

are all equal if not better.

Like I said
Big J 33 wrote:
Giving us a bad name with this thread, how about we get a single game in first.

This will be bumped every time the Knicks lose to a top team/bum team.

Fixed.

Like I said
Big J 33 wrote:
Giving us a bad name with this thread, how about we get a single game in first.

This will be bumped every time the Knicks lose to a top team/bum team.

Fixed.

Back
Top Bottom