Parking Spots: Am I The Only One That Doesn't Care To Look For Ones Close To My Location?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Son said parking backwards comes off as "elitist"
laugh.gif
you cant be serious, dog

roll.gif
That might be the wildest thing I have ever read on here. Someone is an elitist because they don't want their property tampered with. Where the hell is the logic in that
I don't know about elitist, it's more of a convenience.� I drive a truck and when I park at the lot for Laker games I always back it inbecause it's beyond impossible at times to get out of the spot because all the cars are park so damn close to each other.� Same thing at my flat.� All myneighbor's cars are parked so close that if I park into my garage and not back it in, I can't get out.� I would end up doing the whole 20 point turnlike Austin Powers
laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/iLKR9tCiwv...xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1http://www.youtube.com/v/iLKR9tCiwv...xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

Originally Posted by Durden7

You still have not explained how it is "elitist" though.
Every person ive seen who has done this comes off with an elitist attitude. It's an attitude the person portrays. It's an unnecessary act and doing so sets them apart from everyone else.
...so you think the people who do this are trying to set themselves apart form other people?

i got a new truck last new years so i started parking far away out in the open b/c it was easier and i didn't want anyone to ding my doors. a year laterand i'm still parking out in BFE. if the wife and kid are with me i'll drop them off at the door and go park. nothing wrong with some exercise.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Son said parking backwards comes off as "elitist"
laugh.gif
you cant be serious, dog

roll.gif
That might be the wildest thing I have ever read on here. Someone is an elitist because they don't want their property tampered with. Where the hell is the logic in that
I don't know about elitist, it's more of a convenience.�

This. I would park backwards at school because the lot was so small that parking backward made it easier and quicker for me to get out of the spot.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

I don't know about elitist, it's more of a convenience.� I drive a truck and when I park at the lot for Laker games I always back it in because it's beyond impossible at times to get out of the spot because all the cars are park so damn close to each other.
Yes, there's no arguing about parking backwards when it comes to trucks, sometimes it's easier to reverse in to spaces. Elitist
pimp.gif
glasses.gif
smokin.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Every person ive seen who has done this comes off with an elitist attitude. It's an attitude the person portrays. It's an unnecessary act and doing so sets them apart from everyone else.
...so you think the people who do this are trying to set themselves apart form other people?

Absolutely.

I have zero patience and almost always park in the 1st spot I find. I also refuse to wait on people I see walking towards their car cause half the time theytake their sweet time to load their stuff in the trunk then get all situated in the car before they finally pull out.....I swear some of them do that crap onpurpose.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

^ Trying to make a quick run at worst NTer of the year before '10, young man?
laugh.gif
Because I have a different opinion on a topic than somepeople?

Absolutely.

*cue the diddy laughing .gif*

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Eh im the same way. No need to ride around and do laps just so i can have one of the first 10 spots towards the front of the venue. Ill just grab whatever i see and walk a few extra feet, no big deal. Plus i avoid getting stuck in traffic jams and what not.

thank you my ex use to drive around all day lookin for a spot smh

Absolutely.

lol.. ok
I'm done then.

WOW. You sure can tell a lot by how a *stranger* parks their car
laugh.gif
oh wait, you can't. someone call the fail whale.

lol... I mean.. ok. I can understand thinking that it's useless; thinking it doesn't make a difference; and/or thinking that it's a time waster...
but to actually ascribe that a person does this so that they set themselves apart from other parkers/individuals?

...I'm just at a loss

It depends on the car I'm driving and how wide the spots are. And 99% of the time, I back in, because I hate backing out.

i generally park far all the time. i enjoy the walk. also, the likelihood of me getting a ding on my car is slim to none. unless some %!$%$@! decides topurposely park next to me just for that purpose. which has happened before.

my parents, on the other hand, will probably pick a spot, park in it and then move again, and move again. i'll be 6-7 spots they drive away from beforethey actually park and make their final decision.

I just take a spot. if its close its close, if its far its far. im just not going to waste time looking for a close space.

But if you go to the same stores. all you have to do is remember where there are going to be spaces open.

Dirtylicious wrote:

Durden7 wrote:

Every person ive seen who has done this comes off with an elitist attitude. It's an attitude the person portrays. It's an unnecessary
act and doing so sets them apart from everyone else.

Absolutely.

lol.. ok
I'm done then.

laugh.gif

I really don't care about my parking spots but mom always take like 5 minutes looking for the closest one, and dad doesn't care.

I'm with you, especially malls. If you park further away, the exit is much closer. And it's not even a long walk, it's less than a minute.

lol... I mean.. ok. I can understand thinking that it's useless; thinking it doesn't make a difference; and/or thinking that it's a time waster...
but to actually ascribe that a person does this so that they set themselves apart from other parkers/individuals?

...I'm just at a loss

The person may not do it for other reasons, but to me thats how it comes across. There might be a valid reason for something, but I can still question themove and make an assumption based upon the action.

Im reacting to the action, not the person.

Back
Top Bottom